THE BROWNS BOARD

DISH Screwing Mid & Southern Ohio Cavs Fans

WarrenDawg

Fox Sports Ohio has two broadcating feeds... One is the Cleveland feed and the other is the Cincinnati feed... Which feed you get depends on your zip code. Both of the Fox Sports Ohio feeds show Cavs games, because Ohio doesn't have another NBA team... EXCEPT, FSO (Cincinnati feed) shows Columbus Blue Jacket games as a priority over the Cavs games. (ok, whatever)

This year, Dish Network decided to blackout all the Cavs games not in the Cleveland area... Time Warner Cable and Direct TV still show the Cavs games on their FSO Cincinnati feed. I'm under contract with Dish, so I've called them, only to get a run-around with a bunch of smart-ass Indian guys. I've wrote e-mails to Dish and to Fox Sports Ohio. They blame each other for the reason the game is "unavailable". Dish Network's response is to "just order our NBA season pass" ($$$).

So, I'd like to say "F" Dish Network. They suck. They already screwed a bunch of customers by moving the NFL Network from their 100 package to their 200 package, which was why I got Dish in the first place!

If anyone would like to join me in my fight to get the Cavs games back on Dish's Fox Sports Ohio (Cincinnati feed) please go to their website and let them know there are pissed off Cavs fans in the rest of Ohio!!!

http://www.dishnetwork.com/customerService...il/default.aspx

sorry, I have Direct T.V. and I will never switch. In my mind, Direct is the best service for the money. I only have the basic package and I get nfl network, all STO and many others. I can also watch 6 channels at once. All of these are on the same screen but I can watch channels I don't get for free. At least you know what's going on.

Dish Network is blocking Cavs games on the main NBATV channel, too.

If it's not available locally in SW Ohio on the FSO2 (Cincy feed), why are national broadcasts on NBATV being blocked?

I'm contacting the BBB. (There's no way I'm getting the NBA Season Pass at this point. That would be letting them cheat me.)

http://www.bbb.org/denver/business-reviews...glewood-co-6370

I wrote to Fox Sports Ohio, again, because Dish is blaming them. FSO wrote back, and here is their response:

Thank you for your email. We appreciate the time you put forth to share your thoughts, and they are important to us.

There is currently a contractual issue with Dish to telecast the Cavs in your area, because Dish would have to pay additional licensing fees to show the Cavs in your area. There are agreements in place with other providers, such as Time Warner and Direct TV, which is why the games are on there. We are working with Dish to try to resolve the issue, but it is taking some time to sort out. It is completely up to Dish to add the Cavs in your area, so if you want to get the Cavs, please continue to express your desire to Dish Network.

Thank you,

Kate Buddenhagen

Communications Manager

FOX Sports Ohio

9200 South Hills Blvd. Suite 200

Broadview Heights, Ohio 44147

440.746.9480 (fax)

www.foxsportsohio.com

• 1 month later...
I'm not sure what "Adminstratively Closed" means. I still can't watch Cavs games on Fox Sports Ohio. &^%&^^#%$#%$#!!!

It means that In the opinion of the BBB Dish Network has sufficently replied to your complaint.

And they consider your case closed

Until you open a new one

It means that In the opinion of the BBB Dish Network has sufficently replied to your complaint.

And they consider your case closed

Until you open a new one

That is exactly what it means.

Case file closed.

Archived