THE BROWNS BOARD

question from ravens land..

groundhog

I have a question.

Before i ask it, I want you all to know that I am not trying to rile you up or give you negative feelings, etc...

I've just heard something several times and don't understand.

I have heard several times here in the baltimore area, maybe reading an article or maybe hearing someone from cleveland being interviewed, where someone offhandedly says that the browns brand identity, logos, records were forceably kept in cleveland.

How did you understand how that transaction went down?

Cause I thought it was done not by force.

thanks.

groundhog

I have a question.

Before i ask it, I want you all to know that I am not trying to rile you up or give you negative feelings, etc...

I have heard several times here in the baltimore area, maybe reading an article or maybe hearing someone from cleveland being interviewed, where someone offhandedly says that the browns brand identity, logos, records were forceably kept in cleveland.

thanks.

groundhog

Well, since you asked nicely, here's what went down. The best lawyers in Cleveland (who not hard to believe were Browns fans) went over the lease Artie signed with the city. They had him- either give us what we're asking for, or you're going to be playing in Cleveland for a few more years in an empty stadium. The Traitor, who was on the verge of bankruptcy couldn't afford to wait, so he cut a deal and grabbed Maryland's cash while he could.

I have a question.

thanks.

groundhog

you know honestly i would of prefered all the records and history go sometimes?

all that glory in the old days and this is were we are, the ravens won a superbowl and that would of salitifiyed the glory days

we would just be a new team struggling in the first decade or so trying to find our way there instead of trying to find the way back.

Regardless i love what ever Cleveland team is in the NFL

I have a question.

thanks.

groundhog

If your looking for a sugar-coating to mask over your city whoring itself to the same degree it was wronged, you might as well just stop and accept it. Baltimore will forever be known as a dirtbag in the NFL.

I have a question.

thanks.

groundhog

This will sound "Clinton-ish"....it depends on your definition of "force."

The courts ruled that we keep the Browns name, colors & history. I'm sure Art didn't really care about that anyway, since he fired arguably the best coach in NFL history in Paul Brown. Art probably figured a new name & city would allow him to start over all freshy-fresh, and fans all over would forgive him for what he did.

Questions for you, and this is indeed serious. Don't you think your Ravens belong in the AFC East? Or how about an NFL Carpetbagger division, like Baltimore, Tennessee, St. Louis & Indianapolis? How do older Baltimore NFL fans truly feel about getting our Browns, the same way Indy got your Colts? I doubt they are all warm & fuzzy about that.

I never blamed the people of Baltimore for our plight, I blamed the NFL for allowing it to happen. Irsay, Al Davis, Modell, Bud Adams, & Georgia Frontierre are all cut from the same cloth...greedy owners who ditched great football cities for their own personal gain/profit.

Man, this still sticks in my craw. I hope Art NEVER gets into the HOF, even though he did indeed help the NFL out in becoming a wealthy machine.

.... like i said, I am wanting to not disturb you guys/gals in your own house or turf...

I never heard about those local cleveland issues with the rental contract and all..

One thing I remember is that there was a ground swell here in the baltimore area that you people in cleveland should be able to keep your logo and colors and records, etc. So I guess art model was being pushed and pulled to leave the browns stuff in cleveland.

groundhog

Archived