THE BROWNS BOARD

2010 Browns Depth Chart prediction

CJ12

What people who are starting this year, wont be next year on offense. Here's just a out of the blue prediction who will be starting next year for the Browns. (skill positions)

QB- Brady Quinn RB- Jerious Norwood FB- Lawrence Vickers WR- Michael Jenkins WR- Mohamed Massaquoi TE-Michael Gaines

If the Browns were smart they would do everything they could to find someone thats a leader who really wants to play here. Troy Smith, a home town kid that should have been starting but isnt cause of a beggining of a year sickness in 08

What people who are starting this year, wont be next year on offense. Here's just a out of the blue prediction who will be starting next year for the Browns. (skill positions)

QB- Brady Quinn RB- Jerious Norwood FB- Lawrence Vickers WR- Michael Jenkins WR- Mohamed Massaquoi TE-Michael Gaines

If the Browns were smart they would do everything they could to find someone thats a leader who really wants to play here. Troy Smith, a home town kid that should have been starting but isnt cause of a beggining of a year sickness in 08

I like the Norwood idea if he stays healthy and bringing in a veteran like jenkins would be good. How about Scheffler at TE from denver? i believe he is going to be a F/A. Also someone like Lendale White will be out there and Kevin Walter

Cleveland could really use a veteran WR who has sure hands,

Isnt that what Furrey was suppose to be? I think we do not need to draft another WR in the the draft thats for sure. I dont see us drafting Spiller so we probably should dip in the FA pool for a solid RB that isnt a twinkle toe. With Lewis gone we should be able to have the money for a good RB.

You forgot about Donte Stallworth.

I wonder if we'll actually keep him. I mean, he's definitely not a superstar, but he's no schlub either. And he's really not going to be much for trade bait. I think we'll get the most value by keeping him. That still doesn't solve our problem. We're missing a big play receiver, somebody that defenses have to plan for. We've got the rookies (Robo and MoMass), we've got the veteran possession receiver (Furrey), we've got the YAC receivers/ depth receivers (Stuckey and Stallworth), and we've got the speedster (Cribbs). We need a Megatron, an OchoCinco, an Andre Johnson. Normally, I'm against prima donna receivers, I just flat out dislike them. But I believe that will help our offense out tremendously, and I'm all for doing whatever is needed to make us competitors again.

If I got to choose I would hope we sign Lee Evans. I know he will be expensive but he is a good character, good work ethic, good production guy.

Id also like to see us bring in Jordan Shipley. I dont know why he isnt getting any love but he is one of my favorite WRs coming out. He reminds me of Jordy Nelson, but better.

If I had my way our Offense would look like this

QB-Quinn, Lefavour

RB-Anthony Dixon, James Davis, Jason Snelling

FB-Vickers

WR-Lee Evans, Massaquoi, Stuckey, Robiskie, Jordan Shipley, Cribbs

TE-? Moore, Gaines, Estranida?

LT- Thomas

LG-Steinbach

C-Mack

RG-St. Clair

RT-Winston Justice

If we add in some depth at the OL I think we could put up some points. I think Quinn would need to be replace the next year but we would have pretty much everything else in place.

I wonder if we'll actually keep him. I mean, he's definitely not a superstar, but he's no schlub either. And he's really not going to be much for trade bait. I think we'll get the most value by keeping him. That still doesn't solve our problem. We're missing a big play receiver, somebody that defenses have to plan for. We've got the rookies (Robo and MoMass), we've got the veteran possession receiver (Furrey), we've got the YAC receivers/ depth receivers (Stuckey and Stallworth), and we've got the speedster (Cribbs). We need a Megatron, an OchoCinco, an Andre Johnson. Normally, I'm against prima donna receivers, I just flat out dislike them. But I believe that will help our offense out tremendously, and I'm all for doing whatever is needed to make us competitors again.

Stallworth signed a 7 year deal and nobody will take his contract. So I guess we're stuck with him.. but I don't think he's a scrub either, but his contract is ugly.

I think Stallworths contract will get opted. Im pretty sure there will be a buyout that is in favor of the browns. I mean he did kinda commit a homocide so he doesn't really have a leg to stand on. By the way he wasn't exactly killing it when he was playing

Stallworth will almost certainly get released. Legal troubles aside, the guy is fragile.

Isnt that what Furrey was suppose to be? I think we do not need to draft another WR in the the draft thats for sure. I dont see us drafting Spiller so we probably should dip in the FA pool for a solid RB that isnt a twinkle toe. With Lewis gone we should be able to have the money for a good RB.

I wouldn't draft another WR, but I would still bring in another vet. Furrey has god awful hands and little field awareness. Maybe he has just been surprised of late to have the ball in his hands and room to run, but he looks very bad out there. I don't know about his work ethic. Maybe he has had a good impact on the team in that area.

I'd rather spend a pick on a RB and money on a WR, but we could use help at both spots.

A- i'll believe a Free Agent signing when i see it.

("more draft picks and ex-Jets, please."

B- Anquan Boldin for 2 years. Bam.

Stallworth will almost certainly get released. Legal troubles aside, the guy is fragile.

We have the legal standpoint to release him without losing the money, I just wonder if Mangini will do that. He's all about "building character", I know, but he's also mentioned he believes in second chances. Then again, he is commanding a decent chunk of cash that could be spent elsewhere. I'm torn on the subject, I guess it just depends on what the money would go towards.

Archived