THE BROWNS BOARD

Quinn...

lodilobo

BQ is transforming into the qb we were hoping he would be. He needed experience, and confidence. From what I've seen in the last few games, you would have to be an idiot to want DA in there. He is steadily improving, and I can see that with some decent players around him he can be the long term solution at qb. Wouldn't it be great to somehow have a good game Thursday and beat Pittsburg? Even if we don't win another game this year, I wouldn't care.......just beat the Squealers and shut those illiterate, inbred homosexuals ( not that there's anything wrong with that) up for once.

BQ is transforming into the qb we were hoping he would be. He needed experience, and confidence. From what I've seen in the last few games, you would have to be an idiot to want DA in there. He is steadily improving, and I can see that with some decent players around him he can be the long term solution at qb. Wouldn't it be great to somehow have a good game Thursday and beat Pittsburg? Even if we don't win another game this year, I wouldn't care.......just beat the Squealers and shut those illiterate, inbred homosexuals ( not that there's anything wrong with that) up for once.

Couldn't agree more with your last statement. Their playoff hopes are on life support after today's inexplicable boner against Bruce Gradkowski's Raiders.

Something to play for Thursday night. Let's Go Browns!!

As a well documented Quinn hater, I have to say, he looked like a real QB yesterday. He is gaining poise, sometimes too much as we saw on the fumble, his throws were accurate and he finally took off and ran when there was nowhere to throw instead of taking the sack. It is still too soon to erase 3 years of bad QB play from him but it was promising and I really hope he keeps getting better. What a relief it would be to actually have a QB.

As a well documented Quinn hater, I have to say, he looked like a real QB yesterday. He is gaining poise, sometimes too much as we saw on the fumble, his throws were accurate and he finally took off and ran when there was nowhere to throw instead of taking the sack. It is still too soon to erase 3 years of bad QB play from him but it was promising and I really hope he keeps getting better. What a relief it would be to actually have a QB.

I agree with most of your statement except the part where you credit Quinn for 3 years of bad QB play. Please define 3 years. Last time I checked, he only started 3 games prior to this season. And wasn't given a lot of room for error to start this season either.

Brady Quinn will eventually be a very viable nfl QB ,my only question is where?

There are so many unresolved issues concerning our brass (or lack of) heading into the offseason ,under mangini we are a team without direction ,purpose or cause ,our only identity is "dumb as a ballboy and as smart as daboll"...

Until the brass gets redesigned (or most likely re-raped) and the brass gives us a clearer gaze into the magic ball we dont know who will stay or who will want a trade or who will be traded or who will just get walking papers..

Yes he should not have held on to the ball for so long, but in his defense he was scrambling away from the pocket and the hit came from the blindside. These things happen, but its still no excuse. I would like to see some consistency out of Quinn now. He has shown us what he can do against a playoff defense. Now show us it again several weeks in a row, and keep on building confidence.

Go Browns

I agree with your first statement, but not your last. How can you say there has been 3 years of bad play from him?

He barely played his first year, and when he did come in, he engineered a near TD drive.

His second year, the 2-1/2" games he played before breaking his finger worse, he played fairly well (about like yesterday).

This year, he's had some ups and downs (more downs than ups) but he is looking like he's regaining his confidence and conviction he had in 2007/2008.

You can't say he's played badly for 3 years, when we've seen about 3 games out of him in 2 of those years.

I agree with your first statement, but not your last. How can you say there has been 3 years of bad play from him?

He barely played his first year, and when he did come in, he engineered a near TD drive.

His second year, the 2-1/2" games he played before breaking his finger worse, he played fairly well (about like yesterday).

This year, he's had some ups and downs (more downs than ups) but he is looking like he's regaining his confidence and conviction he had in 2007/2008.

You can't say he's played badly for 3 years, when we've seen about 3 games out of him in 2 of those years.

Thats the mentality around here. In the minds of the 'new' regime around here its frowned upon to root for Quinn, without saying something negative just to cover their asses incase he regresses 'again'.

Even some of the more 'illustrious' posters here would rather see Quinn fail just so they could sit back on their laurels and tell you they were right. Chest thumping on the internet is 'gay' enough but hoping the qb sucks so they can look smart is weak.

I agree with most of your statement except the part where you credit Quinn for 3 years of bad QB play. Please define 3 years. Last time I checked, he only started 3 games prior to this season. And wasn't given a lot of room for error to start this season either.

What I meant was, he has been in the league for 3 years. 3 Training camps, 3 preseasons, and 3 regular seasons. He has had two different HCs, 2 GMs and he couldn't crack the starting line-up with any of them until DA crapped the bed and a rebuilding team needed to evaluate him over an extended period of time. Now, he is getting his last chance and for the first time in 3 years, he is looking like a QB that may be able to start for us. It shouldn't take 3 years to develope composure and pocket presence but it has for him and its good to see that he seems to be getting it.

I think its a product of EM letting him know that it is his show and that his job is safe. He gave DA enough rope to hang himself and now its BQ's turn. And I think BQ knows he will get the time to show what he can do and I credit the coach for being patient with him and letting the player know that he will be patient. Hopefully, he will continue to improve and we can put this QB thing to rest once and for all. And remember, I never thought he would be good at this level but I will gladly admit that I was wrong if I have to. And I really hope I have to really soon. Like, Thursday night soon!

Thats the mentality around here. In the minds of the 'new' regime around here its frowned upon to root for Quinn, without saying something negative just to cover their asses incase he regresses 'again'.

Even some of the more 'illustrious' posters here would rather see Quinn fail just so they could sit back on their laurels and tell you they were right. Chest thumping on the internet is 'gay' enough but hoping the qb sucks so they can look smart is weak.

I will gladly root for Quinn but until these last few weeks the guy has looked terrible FOR 3 YEARS! I want to be wrong and if continues to improve I will be wrong and I will like it! Saying that Quinn has been terrible for 3 years is accurate and true. It doesn't mean I've rooted against him on any level. I hoped Gradkowski would have thrown for 300 yards for us and beat Pittsburgh it doesn't matter who's in there, I want them to be good, always. But Quinn has been inaccurate, scared, indecisive, and lacked the ability to throw over 10 yards with any control whatsover since he's been here. After Detroit and then SD he has looked better, I'm not ready to say he is the answer at all but it is encouraging. And I bet it will be hard to find any Browns fan who hasn't like Quinn's game to root against him now or before. I don't believe that has ever been our stance. I've read a lot of "Don't the door hit you in the ass DA" But haven't seen that attitude for Quinn too much.

I will gladly root for Quinn but until these last few weeks the guy has looked terrible FOR 3 YEARS! I want to be wrong and if continues to improve I will be wrong and I will like it! Saying that Quinn has been terrible for 3 years is accurate and true. It doesn't mean I've rooted against him on any level. I hoped Gradkowski would have thrown for 300 yards for us and beat Pittsburgh it doesn't matter who's in there, I want them to be good, always. But Quinn has been inaccurate, scared, indecisive, and lacked the ability to throw over 10 yards with any control whatsover since he's been here. After Detroit and then SD he has looked better, I'm not ready to say he is the answer at all but it is encouraging. And I bet it will be hard to find any Browns fan who hasn't like Quinn's game to root against him now or before. I don't believe that has ever been our stance. I've read a lot of "Don't the door hit you in the ass DA" But haven't seen that attitude for Quinn too much.

I just joined this board not too long ago. From all the posts on here and from the opinions of friends and family I've noticed one thing. People who gereraly like DA would love nothing more than for BQ to do well and win. Totally different story for people who get a hard on everytime he completes a pass for more than ten yards. ITS A ONE WAY STREET with these fans.

Jerome Harrison plays against the Bangels racks up 129 yards and Da has one of his better games this year.

jerome Harrison doesn't get seen again DA struggles and SO DOES BQ.

Jerome Harrison starts against San Diego runs on all but one first down on the first drive ( 4 carries for 22yds) sets up play action that gets recievers open.

Jerome harrison - seeing a pattern here- has two recieveing TD where he catches the ball and runs thru guys on both TDS.

Player of game is Jerome Harrison. He needs to be in there for BQ to do well.

It was the Chargers, right Stan?

Yeah, and that first drive was special. If we could get Quinn and the receivers to be as comfortable as they were on the first drive, we wouldn't have to wait until garbage time to see it again after the scripted plays were used up.

Quinn was as accurate on the first drive and the receivers ran the patterns precisely on those six throw sas any I've seen on the lake front from the Browns & Orange this decade. But then we played the same ball we've been playing here that usually gets the starting QB the sharp barbs. Plenty of holding onto the ball too long because the receivers couldn't get seperation, plenty of miscue's in the no-huddle plays that I think we should scrap that idea. Plenty of protection break-downs, having to throw the ball before ready and resulting in passes behind, passes at the feet, etc ...

Had Quinn had more than one good drive before falling behind by three TD's, I would have came on here and ate some crow. But one drive to start the game or one drive middle through the second quarter is still just one good drive while the game is in contention ... and not good enough.

We stil needed the WildDawg to get us into the Red Zone, thereafter (yet fumbled, Hi DA Bashers!). I could care less about the stat padding in the final minutes.

I'll give ya a golf clap for the ONE drive though, congrats Brady Nation ... awesome!

I just joined this board not too long ago. From all the posts on here and from the opinions of friends and family I've noticed one thing. People who gereraly like DA would love nothing for BQ to do well and win. Totally different story for people who get a hard on everytime he completes a pass for more than ten yards. ITS A ONE WAY STREET with these fans.

Jerome Harrison plays against the Bangels racks up 129 yards and Da has one of his better games this year.

Jerome Harrison starts against San Diego runs on all but one first down on the first drive ( 4 carries for 22yds) sets up play action that gets recievers open.

Jerome harrison - seeing a pattern here- has two recieveing TD where he catches the ball and runs thru guys on both TDS.

Hey, Jerome Harrison. Welcome to the forum.

Quinn looked pretty good yesterday. He might turn into a fairly decent QB given time. I think we should keep him.

He is improving and finding chemistry with the receivers. I still want to see him finish. For those stating that getting pulled after 10-qtrs was too short, let's becareful not to grant him a throne over a half dozen good quarters out of the last 16.

We have four games left ... let's continue to monitor his progress. We will have plenty of time to hash-out whether we think he should stay or not.

Hell at this point, Gradkowski should have been kept for less money.

Quinn looked good for ONE drive, the end of the third and 4th were garbage stats, the chargers already had us beat and were just playing soft to make us use time.

I like Quinn when he stands in the pocket and reads the defense, his short passes (below 15 yards) are accurate with touch. bombs are just bombs not a sign of arm strength because he still does not throw the 15-30 yard tight passes.

I LOVED his first drive because it looked like a NFL level drive..... and we scored, we caught passes, we ran aggressively. After the adjustments we just went kaput again...... you cant go dry for the second and third quarter after a NFL offense creates a 3 score lead.

You can love the stats.... which are deceptive because of garbage time because at the beginning of the 3rd his comp rate was around 50% after we were losing by three scores...

I just joined this board not too long ago. From all the posts on here and from the opinions of friends and family I've noticed one thing. People who gereraly like DA would love nothing more than for BQ to do well and win. Totally different story for people who get a hard on everytime he completes a pass for more than ten yards. ITS A ONE WAY STREET with these fans.

Definitely a pattern. If a QB is surrounded by a team that plays like crap, the QB will look like crap.

Both Browns QBs experienced that earlier in the year.

Now that the team's new guys are starting to get it more together under Mangini, the QB benefits. I still want to see Quinn win as many games as DA has this year to say anything too positive about him or too negative about DA. Quinn should be able to win 2-3 games over his 10/11 starts this year or he's not really improving at all.

Quinn looked good for ONE drive, the end of the third and 4th were garbage stats, the chargers already had us beat and were just playing soft to make us use time.

I like Quinn when he stands in the pocket and reads the defense, his short passes (below 15 yards) are accurate with touch. bombs are just bombs not a sign of arm strength because he still does not throw the 15-30 yard tight passes.

I LOVED his first drive because it looked like a NFL level drive..... and we scored, we caught passes, we ran aggressively. After the adjustments we just went kaput again...... you cant go dry for the second and third quarter after a NFL offense creates a 3 score lead.

You can love the stats.... which are deceptive because of garbage time because at the beginning of the 3rd his comp rate was around 50% after we were losing by three scores...

What makes the touchdowns in the 4th garbage time touchdowns? I thought the fourth quarter was the most important quarter of the game. If we had engineered a comeback, people wouldn't be calling them "garbage time" TDs. They'd be calling it a comeback effort. We scored with 9 minutes left, and then 2 minutes left. We had two timeouts still when we kicked the last onside kick with 40 seconds left. Had we recovered the onside kick, we would have only had to go 50 yards for a touchdown. We had time to tie the game, had we recovered the kick. It's not garbage time when you have a chance to tie or win.

What makes the touchdowns in the 4th garbage time touchdowns? I thought the fourth quarter was the most important quarter of the game. If we had engineered a comeback, people wouldn't be calling them "garbage time" TDs. They'd be calling it a comeback effort. We scored with 9 minutes left, and then 2 minutes left. We had two timeouts still when we kicked the last onside kick with 40 seconds left. Had we recovered the onside kick, we would have only had to go 50 yards for a touchdown. We had time to tie the game, had we recovered the kick. It's not garbage time when you have a chance to tie or win.

Don't buy into the negative Quinn haters. Anyone can see that he is improving and showing that he is a leader and can manage the offense. He is working with rookies like Robiskie, and players with little experience like himself. Some of these idiots will be telling us that DA is better no matter what Quinn does. He still has a lot to prove, but I think to most of us, DA has already proven himself. Quinn has been mishandled and when the haters claim that he has 3 years experience, that is just one sided crap. How many games has he started?.......7 maybe? I'm convinced that he is going to be an above average qb.....in spite of Crennel and Mangini not knowing how to handle him.

I've been a big fan of the kid, he's looking like he's looked in the past when he was comfortable. Against Denver last year, Detroit and Chargers this year, as well as throughout all the preseasons. He has the tools, and can scramble. I'm so glad he got in there again. He got so screwed early in the season.

He gets reamed for his accuracy but much of the time, he's putting the ball where the receiver can make a play and the defense can't intercept. Not all the time, but sometimes it's intended to be behind the receiver. I can't say the same for DA.

I think BQ is more versatile and really seems smart and will keep improving. His intelligence showed in how well he handled himself throughout this mess. Look at how mature he was in interviews and always saying the right stuff.

One drive? That was a hell of a drive...150 yards passing in the first half.

Thought i would add this here as it deals with BQ.

I was shopping yesterday and started BSing with some guy sitting on the bench next to me..evidently he likes to park himself in front of Victoria's Secret just as I do when it comes time to rest a few minutes ;)

Anyway, he is a Seahawks fan who moved here this past year and the talk turned to football.

He asked me about Quinn as he found out I went to last weeks game. I told him Quinn looked pretty good last week....something to build on.

He said "maybe so, but that guy just isn't a NFL QB".

He wasn't smack talking or anything like that....just giving his opinion.

That seems to be a common perception by people who don't have a stake in the team one way or another.

I hope BQ can follow-up tonight and start changing that feeling.

Thought i would add this here as it deals with BQ.

I was shopping yesterday and started BSing with some guy sitting on the bench next to me..evidently he likes to park himself in front of Victoria's Secret just as I do when it comes time to rest a few minutes ;)

Anyway, he is a Seahawks fan who moved here this past year and the talk turned to football.

He asked me about Quinn as he found out I went to last weeks game. I told him Quinn looked pretty good last week....something to build on.

He said "maybe so, but that guy just isn't a NFL QB".

He wasn't smack talking or anything like that....just giving his opinion.

That seems to be a common perception by people who don't have a stake in the team one way or another.

I hope BQ can follow-up tonight and start changing that feeling.

Well....contrary to what the genius from Seattle had to say, Quinn is an NFL qb, and he's finally getting a chance to develop his skills, and getting the experience every young qb needs. He's probably still pissed off about the trade that brought Omar Visquel to the Indians....not to mention....it's the only place in the country that has worse weather than us.

Archived