THE BROWNS BOARD

Cribbs to RB?

trodgers

Below is a post I made on October 29th. It made sense then and it makes sense now.

In my opinion, what Cribbs needs to do is make the move to running back. It sounds strange, but when you look at the big picture it makes sense. First, as a wide receiver, Cribbs is garbage. His hands are suspect and he runs horrible routes. Secondly, with his combination of size (6-1,217.. the size of Adrian Peterson), speed, and how he runs, it makes sense. I am so tired of seeing slow ass Jamall Lewis tip toeing his way out of the backfield for 2 yard gains. I swear, I have never seen a player take so many steps to go absolutley nowhere. Seriously, who takes 56 steps to run for 2 yards on a HB Dive. I want a running back who will just hit the hole and go. Finally, the reason it makes sense to me is that Cribbs is our most dangerous weapon and he needs to touch the ball about 20 times a game. The WildDawg is a nice wrinkle, but it is way to predictable. Everyone knows that when we line up with Cribbs taking the snap he is going to run (with the exception of 1 pass against the Steelers). Using Cribbs as a running back gives us a solid break away threat at the position, which might just open up a couple more passing lanes.

Just my opinion and wishful thinking

Cribbs is awesome, and if I were Mangini, I'd love to give him some opportunities to be rb.

But, he's too valuable in all phases to pigeonhole him, and I think Mangini should wait til next season,

AFTER the Browns renegotiate his contract.

As a rb, like as a WildDawg qb and wr... defensive players make an issue of roughing Cribbs up,

like piling on, etc.

A major move to rb could get him banged up a lot quicker - he'd be touching the ball a lot in every game.

Cribbs has prfoundly proven himself - he's a special player = no other player would not understand a

special negotiation exception made for him.

I'm in the camp of people who do not think that he is now, nor is he best served as being for the future, a full-time RB. He's a good change of pace guy, looks fine in the WC, and can contribute in the receiving game.

Here's a thought. How about using him on KR/PR and in the WildDawg? And then, using an actual RB for the role of RB?

He'll get his money and he will be a major factor in the areas he is already and we can have a real RB? I'm not saying he couldn't do it, probably not, but that's not the point. The point is, why?

Archived