THE BROWNS BOARD

The Morning After...

BrownsBacker85

So let's say that the Browns and Mike Holmgren reach some kind of agreement and he packs it up in Seattle and heads to C-town...what then? First, I'm sure, would be an evaluation of our coaching staff. That is if Mike holds the titles of GM/President/Head of Football Operations. They may still look for a gm...I'm just not sure. Anyway, as far as the staff, I would like to see Mangini stay alond with Ryan. Sorry Dabol but you are the weakest ling...Buh bye! Who we bring in for the OC job again, I dont know but I'm sure Mike will considering his offensive guru type ways.

I'm going to keep this brief because I have to step out. So, Let hear your thoughts on the matter. lay 'em out there. Who knows maybe theres a job for you in the NFL.

The term "The Morning After" is not literal. I only ment what is to come if this happens...in the offseason.

Ya know the last regime under Romeo and Savage never really got the critical years needed to see if they could get the job done.

Can really see the Romeo firing losing the locker room and all, but Savage proved his success in the draft and FA. Things might have been different if we'd have keep him. Who lets a coach pick his own GM anyways you might have as well let the coach pick the groceries to.

Ya know the last regime under Romeo and Savage never really got the critical years needed to see if they could get the job done.

Can really see the Romeo firing losing the locker room and all, but Savage proved his success in the draft and FA. Things might have been different if we'd have keep him. Who lets a coach pick his own GM anyways you might have as well let the coach pick the groceries to.

savage...success in the same sentence youve got to be trolling. Savage showed he couldnt draft his way out of a wet paper bag save for thomas.

what is to come depends a lot on the way this season's final few games finishes.

>> Drafting- All the positions will be evaluated at the end of this season and while a defensive stud seems to where we are heading towards we might land up taking a QB in the draft and getting a veteran QB if BQ declines suddenly.

>> Head Coach - Mangini's job is secure now. for the next 3 games. Losses to Oakland and Kansas can really undermine his stay in Berea. This is still a business and the fans still need to believe in team Eric to keep buying the tickets.

>> Offensive Coordinator - Daboll has 3 games to save his job. His presence after 3 more bad offensive games is going to reflect badly on Mangini and the new "Czar" too.

>> Kosar's Role - Im sure that too would be subject to change. He may become more involved and be guided by the new czar.

savage...success in the same sentence youve got to be trolling. Savage showed he couldnt draft his way out of a wet paper bag save for thomas.

1st rounders Braylon Edwards, Brady Quinn, Joe Tomas, KamBrin Wimbley

2nd rounders Brodney Pool, D'Qwell Jackson, Eric Wright, traded 2nd for Shaun Rodgers

3rd rounders - 7th rounders Jerome Harrison, Lawerence Vickers, Ahtyba Rubin, 3rd rounder for Corey Williams

UnDrafted Free Agent-Josh Cribbs

Not the Greatest 4 years of Drafts but all present day starters and quite a few probowlers and potentional perential probowlers.

Had enough time to build half a new team from what Butch Davis left, Mangini has 3 and no more uless he makes playoffs in the third.

The Browns were a much better team when he took over than when savage/romeo took over. Your foolish if you think any different

Savage's drafts were decent but his free agency moves were spotty. Dishing out 35 million for Kevin Shaffer? Giving up a 2nd rounder for Corey Williams? Trading around in the draft to get a bunch of late round guys who are no longer on the team? need I mention opening up the vault for Donte Stallworth after he couldnt beat out the immortal Jabar Gaffney as the Pats' 3rd WR?

Joe Thomas was his only no brainer pick. Finding Cribbs was a godsend, and picking up late round guys like Rubin and Hall were nice finds, but his overall record was not the best.

1st rounders Braylon Edwards, Brady Quinn, Joe Tomas, KamBrin Wimbley

2nd rounders Brodney Pool, D'Qwell Jackson, Eric Wright, traded 2nd for Shaun Rodgers

3rd rounders - 7th rounders Jerome Harrison, Lawerence Vickers, Ahtyba Rubin, 3rd rounder for Corey Williams

UnDrafted Free Agent-Josh Cribbs

Not the Greatest 4 years of Drafts but all present day starters and quite a few probowlers and potentional perential probowlers.

Had enough time to build half a new team from what Butch Davis left, Mangini has 3 and no more uless he makes playoffs in the third.

The Browns were a much better team when he took over than when savage/romeo took over. Your foolish if you think any different

Braylons a bust Kam got better after being coached up jury is still out on BQ and like i said Thomas is the only one that could start on any other team.

Brodney is ok unspectacular and retiring from what i hear DQ isnt playing to what he was billed to be Eric Wright is alright plays very non aggressive though big baby is nice but as shown the other night we really dont need him.

jerome is just Ok not a premier back by any means and most likely gone after this season vickers is a good pick rubin as well.

the team is a little better but not much mangini got rid of 26 of savage guys and only 3 of them are still in the NFL. NFL teams are built in the mid to late rounds and that is where savage completely failed at.

A lot of people on this board agreed before the draft that if Thomas was there he was the pick, period. Yeah there was an option for taking a running back...

Archived