THE BROWNS BOARD

Cribbs' and Harrison's gameday jerseys

SJ_Browns

From cleveland.com:

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/...s_share_of.html

BEREA, Ohio -- The record-setting games by Josh Cribbs and Jerome Harrison during Sunday's 41-34 victory over Kansas City will be immortalized in Canton.

Harrison and Cribbs donated their jerseys -- grass stains and all -- to the Pro Football Hall of Fame Monday, presenting them to the Hall's chairman, Tom Schervish, in Berea. Harrison also donated the ball that he carried while surpassing Jim Brown's team single-game record of 237 yards.

Harrison gained 286 yards against the Chiefs, the third-best performance in NFL history, behind Adrian Peterson's 296 and Jamal Lewis' 295. Cribbs' two kickoff returns for TDs gave him eight for his career, surpassing the NFL career record of six, which he had shared with five players.

The items will appear in the NFL Today section of the Hall. Harrison was on hand for the presentation, while Cribbs was out distributing Toys for Tots.

"It's not too often you see someone gaining almost 300 yards rushing," said Schervish. "Jerome, you'll be there for a long, long time."

Coach Eric Mangini was asked about Cribbs "arguably" being the best kick returner in the history of the NFL.

"I don't think it's arguable anymore," he said. "I think he's won that argument. He's got excellent vision. He's got rare toughness. He has great strength and the ability to break tackles. There's been quite a few times where he may make a cut, there's someone on his legs and he breaks the tackle.

"He often times doesn't look like he's moving that fast, it's deceptively fast, the way that he moves and probably because he is such a strong runner as well. I think all those things come into play.

"I remember watching, I believe it was the Pittsburgh game last year, where he caught the ball on the sideline or it bounced and he picked it up. I don't know how many people he made miss, but he was just able to make something out of nothing."

Cribbs tops since 2007: Not only is Cribbs having a blockbuster season, he owns the distinction of being No. 1 in the NFL over the past three seasons in total combined yards, topping even Minnesota's Peterson.

Cribbs has 6,171 combined yards -- receiving, rushing and returning -- which is by far the best in the NFL since 2007. The rest of the top five looks like this: San Diego's Darren Sproles 5,856, Peterson 5,549, Jacksonville's Maurice Jones-Drew 5,410 and the New York Jets' Leon Washington 5,240.

Nice article. GO BROWNS! Like the signature too.

thanks! i like the pic in your sig of one of the stillers (mendenhall?) getting crushed by the browns. that's always something great to see. B)

dude, i haven't even got a chance to fully enjoy the browns beating the crap out of the steelers yet. i haven't even had a chance to watch that game all the way through for a second time and the browns have another epic game.

wow! who would've thought that the browns would be in the headlines this much. stompin the stoolers, making history in a win vs the chiefs and then hiring holmgren. i hope the future is getting brighter for our team

GO BROWNS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Archived