THE BROWNS BOARD

Winslow not a Cold weather Player

Guest ATENEARS

Guest ATENEARS

If memory serves me, Kellen Winslow Jr crawls into a turtle shell in cold weather games. He wimps out in true Great Lakes weather.

The East Suburbs of Cleveland got about 4-inches of snow, and it probably is worst East of them (toward Buffalo).

This is Football Weather as far as I'm concerned.

Guest ATENEARS
Then why the Browns haven't signed you to play TE is beyond me.

Not signing you is obviously gaffe #28 by Sewage.

I'm more concerned about being honored on your Ignore List.

Last year over 5 games in December, Winslow had 20 catches for 232 yards....including a 7 catch game in the terrible NY Jets conditions game. He had 2 of DA's 9 completions for 28 yards in the snowbowl as well (only Edwards had more).

In 4 games in November he had 31 catches for 342 yards....so from November on he had 51 catches for 574 yards, not exactly disappearing.

So far this year in November he has 15 catches for 175 yards.

Just saying...not that bad late in the year!

Most NFL players don't like the cold, or at minimum would prefer playing in nice weather.

There might be 5-6 cities where the fans like the snow games...the rest of the country thinks it amusing, and fun to watch.

Go with two tight ends and use Winslow as a decoy, then throw it to Heiden.

Oh, and where did Harrison go to college again? ;)

I wish we had Joe J for this game. He's perfect for it. Stallworth is probably more like Winslow within the cold weather context.

Cribbs has played football for years in this stuff. Feed him a little too.

Turnovers are going to be huge in this game.

Guest Masters
Last year over 5 games in December, Winslow had 20 catches for 232 yards....including a 7 catch game in the terrible NY Jets conditions game. He had 2 of DA's 9 completions for 28 yards in the snowbowl as well (only Edwards had more).

In 4 games in November he had 31 catches for 342 yards....so from November on he had 51 catches for 574 yards, not exactly disappearing.

So far this year in November he has 15 catches for 175 yards.

Just saying...not that bad late in the year!

Ahhhhh..... There you go again using facts and stats. <_<

JADBF - I knew you'd bring up Winslow and his snow angels. I still remembered your report from that game ;)

Guest ATENEARS

It hasn't even been cold, so showing me his numbers thus far in the season don't mean squat.

He averaged about 5 catches for 69 yards last season, in the two cold weather games (@NYJ & vs Buf) he averaged 3 catches for 30 yards.

KWII has NEVER scored in December since arriving in the NFL.

We had games last year IN Arizona, we will be IN Tenneessee in a few weeks, so don't go pulling stats by wholesale, that proves nothing about cold weather games. I just remember discussing how he seems to not play with as much zest in the cold.

Something to watch, as he has become the Kevin Johnson of the new BQ era.

Did you not see that Buffalo game, Stan? Of course he's not going to have a 14 catch game in that weather. No one is going to have a huge game in that weather. Especially with DARetard at the helm. That weather was unbelievable. If you look at the thread about DA's stats vs. Buffalo in the snowbowl last game, most of us praised himf for 9-27 in such bad weather and not turning the ball over. But I guess you are saying DA is a cold-weather pussy, too, since those stats are well under what his average was.

And K2 did have a good game against the Jets in NORMAL bad weather, when it wasn't THAT bad.

Guest Masters

One game doesn't make him Kevin Johnson. Also, when you make that comparison, you fail to note 15 other passes went to different guys. Or how about how BE was DA's Kevin Johnson. I mean that's pretty much the only guy he looked to throw to.

In 2007, with 21-40F (5 games), Winslow had 22 catchs, 243 yards, and 1 TD

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/6765/s....uLYF?year=2007

In 2006, with 21-40F (2 games), Winslow had 5 catchs and 62 yards. With <21F (1 game), 4 catches and 19 yards.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/6765/s....uLYF?year=2006

It hasn't even been cold, so showing me his numbers thus far in the season don't mean squat.

He averaged about 5 catches for 69 yards last season, in the two cold weather games (@NYJ & vs Buf) he averaged 3 catches for 30 yards.

KWII has NEVER scored in December since arriving in the NFL.

We had games last year IN Arizona, we will be IN Tenneessee in a few weeks, so don't go pulling stats by wholesale, that proves nothing about cold weather games. I just remember discussing how he seems to not play with as much zest in the cold.

Something to watch, as he has become the Kevin Johnson of the new BQ era.

So he had 6 catches out of DA's total of 25 completions in those COLD games. Almost one quarter of ALL his completions. 62 yds out of 322, almost 1/5th of all passing yards

In fact, the only player with MORE catches in those 2 games was BE (7 for 127), JJ had 4 for 53...so I guess he REALLY DISAPPEARED!!!!

No other receiver had a catch..so still not seeing the point!

So he had 6 catches out of DA's total of 25 completions in those COLD games. Almost one quarter of ALL his completions. 62 yds out of 322, almost 1/5th of all passing yards

In fact, the only player with MORE catches in those 2 games was BE (7 for 127), JJ had 4 for 53...so I guess he REALLY DISAPPEARED!!!!

No other receiver had a catch..so still not seeing the point!

Ouch. That's going to leave a mark.

we will be IN Tenneessee in a few weeks,

I just pulled this:

Current conditions as of 1:53 pm EST

Partly Cloudy

Feels Like:

49°

It is darn cold...I might need to put on some gloves after typing this. ;)

Archived