THE BROWNS BOARD

even though I am a Steeler fan

bigsteelerfanhere

the reason is I liked Tressell at YSU but I hope he's not in for another embarrassment in a BCS Bowl game. Oregon is scary good and Jim seems to never have any adjustments ready once a game changes on him.

Tressell has been beaten by Florida, LSU, TX and has a three bowl losing streak.

If he loses to ORE he ties cooper for most bowl losses in a row.

If he loses this he should go back to DIV 1 AA.

the reason is I liked Tressell at YSU but I hope he's not in for another embarrassment in a BCS Bowl game. Oregon is scary good and Jim seems to never have any adjustments ready once a game changes on him.

Tressell has been beaten by Florida, LSU, TX and has a three bowl losing streak.

If he loses to ORE he ties cooper for most bowl losses in a row.

If he loses this he should go back to DIV 1 AA.

We are all very interested in what you have to say...

Zombo

--Seriously...

OSU tends to struggle more against pass happy teams. There will be a lot of one on one plays against the OSU dbs. OSU needs to be really physical with their QB but they run a lot of quick stuff so that might be tough to do. I feel that OSU needs to beat them up on both sides and plan on wearing them down as the game goes on. Let's hope that OSU can run the ball well

OSU seems to lose when either one of two things happens. 1). When they get stuck playing man coverage or 2). They don't generate pressure with the front four and lose contain when they blitz. Masoli is a scrambling QB who can make huge plays on his feet as well as through the air. If he gets outside of the pocket, nine out of ten times he's breaking open a run for at least 10 yards. Masoli's effectiveness at running the ball is going to put pressure on OSU to drop a LB or DE (possibly both) to spy on him, which would leave holes in zone coverage. Also, I feel they're going to have to use the safeties for edge support, seeing as how Oregon has run the option with great success at times. Oregon has a nasty offense, and I'm honestly scared for Ohio State. With that said, I beleive Terrelle Pryor is going to have a hell of a game against their defense. I'm expecting a shootout.

Tressell needs to measure up here in DIV 1A on the big stage. He was good at the junior level but can't get it done at this level so far.

Wow...winning the Big Ten isn't getting it done? Don't let Mark May & others in the media sway you away from success. May is still bitter about being passed over (in recruiting) by OSU, Michigan, & Notre Dame.

The loss to Florida in the BCS Title game was bad, but I do think you have to give Tressel & the Buckeyes leeway on the LSU loss. They ended up in that game because everybody else ahead of them in the polls LOST.

I think if OSU shuts down their main defensive weakness, the crossing route, we will take care of Oregon. OSU's offense isn't too good this year, but 21 points should beat the Ducks.

I wouldn't want anybody else coaching the Buckeyes right now.

bigsteelerfanhere

Rating: 0

View Member Profile

Add as Friend

Send Message

Find Member's Topics

Find Member's Posts

post Yesterday, 06:50 PM

IP: 173.51.99.10 | Post #8 |

I think we got ourselves a smart one here. I don't doubt for a second this is a Steeler fan.

bigsteelerfanhere

Rating: 0

View Member Profile

Add as Friend

Send Message

Find Member's Topics

Find Member's Posts

post Yesterday, 06:50 PM

IP: 173.51.99.10 | Post #8 |

I think we got ourselves a smart one here. I don't doubt for a second this is a Steeler fan.

Well YOU Guys have a Large Contingency of Dumb ass Browns fans as well !

Archived