THE BROWNS BOARD

Petition to Keep Mangini Coach

arky

Its in holmgrens hands to do as he deems necessary to do things right ,im for keeping the genie but if things go wrong im going to blame holmgren now that we have a president ,so i want him to decide not from fan desire but from the perspective of its his show and he is responsible for getting it right...;)

I would say no. Let Holmgren build his own team. Mangini has only won 4 games.

This is exactly why this franchise has had only, what, 2 winning seasons since coming back? This team is just a revolving door for HC's and it's getting tiresome.

I'm guilty of this just like many Browns fans are but we as a fanbase are so quick to kick guys to the curb because they don't produce right away. Mangini is rallying this team around him and there is evidence of that based on their play since the middle of the season.

The first thing to being successful in this league is consistency and we've already started on that with our win streak. Sure it's not against the top teams of the league but when the Colts/Pats/Steelers etc. go on win streaks nobody points out their opponents (unless it's the top teams) because it's just business as usual. Now that we've gone on a decent win streak someone has to point out who our opponents are and that is because we are a franchise that is usually seen losing week in and week out. Lets keep it going and not clean house after one year.

Mangini is changing how this team thinks. The mindset of this team is far and above what it was under Crennel and Savage. They look like they want to run out their, regardless of record, and give their all for this coaching staff. Do you really think under Crennel that we would even be competing now? I don't. I think this team would have given up totally and hung it up way before December.

Have some patience as fans and give this guy another year to see what he can do with an installed system and 11 picks. Remember Rome wasn't built in a day.

We understand its Holgrems call but as fans we have a right to OUR opinion about the coach and the team we root for every week..A bunch of baloney has been written all year about Mangini and most of it BS by the way..I see progress being made the last 5 weeks and want that trend to continue next year and let Mangini do the hard job he was paid to do which is change the culture of this franchise and stop the ridicule we have taken sine the expansion..Fire Mangini now and its back to ground level...AGAIN...f**k that..build on the momentum that this staff has built the last 5 weeks

We understand its Holgrems call but as fans we have a right to OUR opinion about the coach and the team we root for every week..A bunch of baloney has been written all year about Mangini and most of it BS by the way..I see progress being made the last 5 weeks and want that trend to continue next year and let Mangini do the hard job he was paid to do which is change the culture of this franchise and stop the ridicule we have taken sine the expansion..Fire Mangini now and its back to ground level...AGAIN...f**k that..build on the momentum that this staff has built the last 5 weeks

Absolutely bro ,like i said i am for keeping mangini ,but not if holmgren cant legitimately work things he wants to do out with coach mangini ,in this case it would be counter productive..i see mangini as willing to bend a lot and hopefully holmgren may bend a little ,as far as offense goes mangini is far from a guru and we may have a problem there with holmgren being a big time offensive guy ,as long as daboll goes and mangini replaces him with a competent and gutsy guy that knows how to move the chains through the air more often i will be content...

I doubt mangini can sell his offensive system or current coordinator to holmgren but who knows...

I'm sure this is a well intentioned and sincere effort, but it could backfire if only a low number (like 174) sign...

On the other hand, you should be shopping this link on Steelers fan boards - then the numbers would rise signficantly

I think Holmgren will be considering other numbers like where the defense (#32) and offense (#32) still rank as of Week 17.

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/...mangini_23.html

The Browns three-game winning streak has not stopped the club from plummeting to 32nd in overall offensive ranking and 32nd on defense.

"I think it's accurate in the sense of over 15 games," Mangini said. "But if you look at the first eight games versus the last seven, it's so dramatically different in almost every category. All those things are up. If you look at it as a progression, it looks a lot differently."

Well . . .

Through eight games, the Browns were 31st on offense and 32nd on defense. After their bye week, they've sunk to the cellar in both categories on three occasions, including now.

As usual trying to skew the facts to fit your agenda..Seriously your credibilty here is non existent because of your clear cut agenda..to deny this team is turning a corner is nonsensical..Do you have any relationship to Florio or are you in fact him..cause you sure sound like him..I wouldn't be shocked since your obsession with all things EM is quite curious

As usual trying to skew the facts to fit your agenda..

So the NFL is skewing their offensive and defensive rankings to make it look like Mangini is dead last in offense and dead last in defense?

That's quite the conspiracy theory you have there!

Actually it was Tony Grossi who pointed out the #32 ranking in both categories, and noted that Mangini's response was that if you just took out the first half of the season the stats now would be "dramatically different".

Apparently Mangini - a so-called "student of the game" - wasn't aware that the stats were BETTER (slightly) in the first half of the season then they are now, otherwise he probably wouldn't have put his foot in his mouth like that.

I'd have to say Mangini put donughts and big macs into his mouth and all of the fat clogs up his giant head.. he is not the swiftest NFL coach and Holgren will ax him after the season.

squirrel alert ////// wtf is a "donughts"????

squirrel.jpg

I would say no. Let Holmgren build his own team. Mangini has only won 4 games.

BUBBY???? can only mean 1 thing...you are a fking troll from Pittsburgh and you want Mangini gone becasue he beats you 70% of the time!!! Keep him!

First post here. I'm trying to get the word out on this petition. Just want some knowledgeable, patient Browns fans let their voice be heard. Thanks for your support.

http://www.petitiononline.com/clvbrown/petition.html

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA AH... Really? Holmgrens going to put his reputation on the line becuase of a petition?????? HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA...

Archived