THE BROWNS BOARD

Stark: Ultimate 00's Trivia

Beanpot

This has been sitting on ESPN.com for more than a week but I just saw it tonight. A few of the answers are Tribe-centric:

As "We Love the '00s Week" winds down here at ESPN.com, it's time for me to fulfill my resident triviologist duties and present The Ultimate '00s Trivia Quiz. Good luck!

1. Four players averaged 30 homers and 100 RBIs in the '00s but never won an MVP award. Can you name them?

2. Can you name the five players who played in all 10 seasons of the '00s and averaged 100 runs a season?

3. Three players who played in at least nine seasons of the '00s stole 20 bases or more in every full season they played in. Can anybody guess all three?

4. Only six pitchers had more than one 20-win season in the '00s. Bet you can't name all six.

5. Only two starting pitchers averaged at least 200 strikeouts a season in the '00s. Who were they?

6. Only two starting pitchers had back-to-back seasons in the '00s in which they won at least 15 more games than they lost. Think you can name them?

7. Can you name the only four men to hit 200 homers in the '00s and have a batting average over .320?

8. Everybody knows Ichiro had nine 200-hit seasons in the '00s. Can you name the other five players who had at least three 200-hit seasons?

9. Albert Pujols was the only member of the .300/.400/.600 club (AVG/OBP/SLG) in the '00s (min: 5,000 PA). But can you name the five other hitters who made the .300/.400/.500 list?

10. Finally, the stumper of the day: Bet you can't name the only reliever to appear in at least 60 games in all 10 seasons of the '00s.

Answers to follow if there's any interest.

And thanks for the news about Perez, CIMO. I'm still hanging onto some love for that guy. The fact that he's been so easily dismissed from a job in the rotation speaks more to him than the rotation, especially given our oh-so-wonderful ZiPS projection. Gotta like that outfield and the Cabrera comps, but that rotation is a thing of ugly - http://www.baseballthinkfactory.org/files/...veland_indians/

Beanpot

I'm terrible at these, but I think I can name at least one for most of the questions....

1. Manny, Thome

2. Ichiro, Jeter

3. Ichiro

4. Roy Halladay, Roy Oswalt, Roger Clemens, Curt Schilling, Pedro Martinez

5. Tim Lincecum, Johan Santana

6. Clemens

7. Pujols

8. Michael Young, Jeter

That's about all I can think of. Probably missed some easy ones.

Good guesses!

Here are the answers:

1. Avg 30 HR and 100 RBI but no MVP: Jim Thome, Manny Ramirez, Carlos Delgado,, Lance Berkman and David Ortiz.

2. Avg 100 runs a seaon: Alex Rodriguez, Johnny Damon, Derek Jeter, Bobby Abreu and Todd Helton.

3. 20 steals or more in every full season: Bobby Abreu, Ichiro Suzuki and Jimmy Rollins.

4. More than one 20-win season: Curt Schilling, Randy Johnson, Roy Halladay, Roy Oswalt and (good job if you get these two) Jamie Moyer and Bartolo Colon. (Schilling won 20 three times. The other five did it twice apiece.)

5. Avg a min of 200 K's each season: Randy Johnson and (surprise) Javier Vazquez.

6. Back-to-back seasons with 15+ more wins than losses: Randy Johnson and Curt Schilling -- in the same two seasons (2001-02).

7. 200 HR + .320 BA: Albert Pujols, Todd Helton, Vladimir Guerrero and Barry Bonds.

8. 3 or more 200 hit seasons: Derek Jeter (5), Michael Young (5) and the really tough ones: Juan Pierre (4), Vladimir Guerrero (3) and Miguel Tejada (3).

9. 300/400/500 slash hitters: A-Rod, Todd Helton, Chipper Jones, Manny Ramirez and Lance Berkman.

10. 60+ games pitched in all 10 years: David Weathers. Who else?

http://insider.espn.go.com/espn/blog/index...me=stark_jayson

Beanpot

Archived