THE BROWNS BOARD

So, now we have the 6th or 7th pick in the draft...

SoCalDog

Haden might not go pro. He's only a sophomore.

01/03/10 - Florida cornerback Joe Haden is skipping his final year of eligibility and entering the NFL draft. Haden announced his intentions Sunday, two days after No. 5 Florida beat fourth-ranked Cincinnati 51-24 in the Sugar Bowl. The All-American led the Gators with four interceptions this season and was a finalist for the Thorpe Award, given annually to the nation’s top defensive back. He also had 68 tackles, 10 pass breakups, three sacks and two forced fumbles. The first true freshman to start at cornerback for Florida, Haden started every game in three seasons. He finished with 218 tackles and eight interceptions. He is widely considered college football’s top cornerback and is expected to be a top-10 pick in the NFL draft. - AP Sports

01/03/10 - Junior cornerback Joe Haden (Ft. Washington, Md.) has announced his intention to declare for the 2010 NFL Draft and forego his final year of eligibility. “We’re sad to see Joe go because he’s a great leader and a dynamic player,” said interim head coach Steve Addazio, “but we know that with his tremendous talent, he will be a special player at the next level. This is the opportunity of a lifetime for Joe, and we wish him nothing but the best.” Haden, a consensus first-team All-American this season, was a finalist for the Thorpe Award, given annually to the nation’s top defensive back, and was selected first-team All-SEC by the coaches and the Associated Press. He led the Gators with four interceptions this year, while contributing 68 tackles, five tackles for loss, three sacks, 10 pass breakups and two forced fumbles. “This was a tough decision, and I spent a lot of time with my family talking about it,” Haden said. “I’m so proud that I had the chance to be a Gator. It’s been one of the best experiences of my life. Coach [urban] Meyer and Coach [Vance] Bedford have helped me in so many ways. I’ll always be thankful to them for everything, and I know I’ll never forget the fans in Gator Nation.” Haden started all 40 career games that he played, including becoming the first true freshman to ever start at cornerback for UF in 2007. He finished his UF career with eight interceptions and 218 tackles and was part of the 2008 National Championship team. The NFL Draft will be held April 22-24 at Radio City Music Hall in New York. - Florida Gators football

01/03/10 - Florida cornerback Joe Haden is skipping his final year of eligibility and entering the NFL draft. Haden announced his intentions Sunday, two days after No. 5 Florida beat fourth-ranked Cincinnati 51-24 in the Sugar Bowl. The All-American led the Gators with four interceptions this season and was a finalist for the Thorpe Award, given annually to the nation’s top defensive back. He also had 68 tackles, 10 pass breakups, three sacks and two forced fumbles. The first true freshman to start at cornerback for Florida, Haden started every game in three seasons. He finished with 218 tackles and eight interceptions. He is widely considered college football’s top cornerback and is expected to be a top-10 pick in the NFL draft. - AP Sports

01/03/10 - Junior cornerback Joe Haden (Ft. Washington, Md.) has announced his intention to declare for the 2010 NFL Draft and forego his final year of eligibility. “We’re sad to see Joe go because he’s a great leader and a dynamic player,” said interim head coach Steve Addazio, “but we know that with his tremendous talent, he will be a special player at the next level. This is the opportunity of a lifetime for Joe, and we wish him nothing but the best.” Haden, a consensus first-team All-American this season, was a finalist for the Thorpe Award, given annually to the nation’s top defensive back, and was selected first-team All-SEC by the coaches and the Associated Press. He led the Gators with four interceptions this year, while contributing 68 tackles, five tackles for loss, three sacks, 10 pass breakups and two forced fumbles. “This was a tough decision, and I spent a lot of time with my family talking about it,” Haden said. “I’m so proud that I had the chance to be a Gator. It’s been one of the best experiences of my life. Coach [urban] Meyer and Coach [Vance] Bedford have helped me in so many ways. I’ll always be thankful to them for everything, and I know I’ll never forget the fans in Gator Nation.” Haden started all 40 career games that he played, including becoming the first true freshman to ever start at cornerback for UF in 2007. He finished his UF career with eight interceptions and 218 tackles and was part of the 2008 National Championship team. The NFL Draft will be held April 22-24 at Radio City Music Hall in New York. - Florida Gators football

Didn't see that.

You cannot accurately assess who is going to be there at this point. There's always some fringe freak athlete that pops out in the combine and wows everyone. Suh or Berry could very well be there when we pick. Look at Curry last year. Everyone thought he'd be first overall for the longest time, fell to fifth(?).

You cannot accurately assess who is going to be there at this point. There's always some fringe freak athlete that pops out in the combine and wows everyone. Suh or Berry could very well be there when we pick. Look at Curry last year. Everyone thought he'd be first overall for the longest time, fell to fifth(?).

No doubt, but you might as well get accustomed to it for the next 4 months because there is going to be endless discussion.

For me, serious discussions happen once the draft order is establish, and the day past the day college players have to announce their intent.

I agree...it is hard to talk draft until you know who is going to be in the draft.

But...to stay in the spirit of the thread, I would give one of the OT serious consideration as well as Haden.

It's hard to complain about a stud O-lineman or a stud corner.

It may not be the sexy pick as someone used to say, but then again, sexy doesn't usually win in the NFL.

Oakland, Seattle and Cleveland all ended the season at 5-11. If the tiebreak is (and I believe it is) Strength of Schedule, with the worst Strength of Schedule getting the better pick, then it will be

8. Oakland w/ .523 (doesn't matter if Jets or Cincinatti wins, as Oakland played them both)

7. Cleveland w/ .516 (if Cincinatti wins) or .508 (if Cincinatti loses).

6. Seattle w/ .473

So assume Cleveland picks at #7.

If McCoy is there, take him, otherwise best DB or OT available. Okung would be my pick if McCoy is not there.

Oakland, Seattle and Cleveland all ended the season at 5-11. If the tiebreak is (and I believe it is) Strength of Schedule, with the worst Strength of Schedule getting the better pick, then it will be

8. Oakland w/ .523 (doesn't matter if Jets or Cincinatti wins, as Oakland played them both)

7. Cleveland w/ .516 (if Cincinatti wins) or .508 (if Cincinatti loses).

6. Seattle w/ .473

So assume Cleveland picks at #7.

If McCoy is there, take him, otherwise best DB or OT available. Okung would be my pick if McCoy is not there.

Since we beat Oakland, wouldn't that take precedence over SOS? Hence, we would have the 8th pick.

Suh and Berry are both gone here. I like Rolando McClain. We need a stud LB.

Since we beat Oakland, wouldn't that take precedence over SOS? Hence, we would have the 8th pick.

Suh and Berry are both gone here. I like Rolando McClain. We need a stud LB.

No, they don't consider head to head schedule with the draft order. They do in every other NFL tie break, but not for Draft Order.

I remember a few years ago I asked the same question when Arizona beat Cleveland, ended with the same record, but picked ahead of Cleveland.

The Browns will get 5th pick according to this site? BS, 5 teams have a worse record.

2010 Draft Order

This guy probably wrote this article assuming the Browns would lose. He says that the draft order was "announced" but as far as I'm aware, the NFL doesn't officially "announce" a draft order until the 2010 season officially starts sometime in March. That's when any ties that tie breakers can't break are broken by a coin flip.

I'm thinking Joe Haden DB or the LB/DE from GTech Morgan...possibly even more youth at WR with Dez Bryant.

I love Derrick Morgan: he's an exceedingly gifted pass rusher. But I don't see 3-4 OLB in his future; he's more of a 4-3 end.

Per this link: http://www.nepatriotsdraft.com/2009/09/201...raft-order.html

The 2010 NFL Draft Order page is updated every week of the NFL season until the NFL Draft. Ties are broken based on weaker strength of schedule.

2010 NFL Draft 1st Round Order - Updated During Week 17 - With Strength of Schedule Tiebreakers included.

Tiebreakers: Easiest Strength of Schedule picks first. If still tied, then worst division record picks first. If still tied, then worst conference record picks first. If still tied, coin flip decides order.

Picks after #20 will be determined by playoff results.

1. St. Louis (1-15)

2. Detroit (2-14)

3. Tampa Bay (3-13)

4. Washington (4-12)

5. Kansas City (4-12)

6. Seattle (5-11)

7. Cleveland (5-11)

8. Oakland (5-11)

9. Buffalo (6-10)

10. Jacksonville (7-9)

11. Chicago (7-9) (Traded to DEN)

12. Miami (7-9)

13. San Francisco (8-8)

14. Denver (8-8)(Traded to SEA)

15. New York Giants (8-8)

16. Carolina (8-8) (Traded to SF)

17. Tennessee (8-8)

18. Pittsburgh (9-7)

19. Atlanta (9-7)

20. Houston (9-7

I doubt Okung will be available at #7. Everyone not named Todd McShay has him as the #1 OT in this year's class, and those guys usually go top 5. If Detroit doesn't take him, Kansas City will.

In my opinion, none of the other OT's are worth a top ten pick, unless you desperately need a left tackle. We can get better value addressing another position.

I doubt Okung will be available at #7. Everyone not named Todd McShay has him as the #1 OT in this year's class, and those guys usually go top 5. If Detroit doesn't take him, Kansas City will.

In my opinion, none of the other OT's are worth a top ten pick, unless you desperately need a left tackle. We can get better value addressing another position.

Probably so, this isn't a great year for stud linemen..and waiting until rounds 2-3 might be where we get the most bang for the buck.

Archived