THE BROWNS BOARD

Giant tuna fetches $177,000 at Japan fish auction

Wow. One day work and you can catch this. LINK

"The 513-pound (233-kilogram) fish was the priciest since 2001 when a 440-pound (200 kilogram) tuna sold for a record 20.2 million yen ($220,000) at Tokyo's Tsukiji market."

My ex-boss on the Outer Banks caught a 100lb blue fin and a 250lb yellow fin tuna in the jet stream off the Outer Banks two years ago. He shipped them both and over nighted them to Japan. After all was said and done he made $27,000 for one day work, after gas, shippers cut, etc. He knew he got low balled, but didn't care he was just out having fun with his dad and made 27k. I've eaten some blue fin that he caught and kept, and I am not a fish eater, I actually hate it, it was unbelieveable.

Any fish stories? I caught a 40 inch Muskie in Northern Wisconsin once when I was 12, that's about all I have.

p.s. anyone ever on the Outer Banks, I can get you a good deal on a charter with these guys, Samanna Sportfishing

At pymatuning sp? lake in PA when I was just out of the service, we docked a pontoon boat there.

One evening, Dad and I went out fishing, and on a saltwater rod he bought at a garage sale,

with heavy saltwater line... he hooked a big catfish.

It slowly towed our 25' pontoon boat all over the lake. We never could get it to come up,

it just kept swimming... a several times we caught it off guard, and got it up about four feet from

wherever it was along the bottom, but you could feel it yanking the line back and forth going

back down.

After about an hour of this, it was getting dark, and we tried to tow it back to shore, in forward gear, low range,

10 hp Evinrude.. and it was a stalemate.

Finally, we just cut the line, laughing, and went home.

I really, really wish we knew what is was.

At pymatuning sp? lake in PA when I was just out of the service, we docked a pontoon boat there.

One evening, Dad and I went out fishing, and on a saltwater rod he bought at a garage sale,

with heavy saltwater line... he hooked a big catfish.

It slowly towed our 25' pontoon boat all over the lake. We never could get it to come up,

it just kept swimming... a several times we caught it off guard, and got it up about four feet from

wherever it was along the bottom, but you could feel it yanking the line back and forth going

back down.

After about an hour of this, it was getting dark, and we tried to tow it back to shore, in forward gear, low range,

10 hp Evinrude.. and it was a stalemate.

Finally, we just cut the line, laughing, and went home.

I really, really wish we knew what is was.

LOL, now that is funny. I have heard similar type stories with smaller boats.

I LOVE fish, however Tuna that size is a top predator that accumulates a LOT of mercury over time. I have reduced my sushi exposure to maybe only once a quarter because of the mercury absorption problems.

The only fish stories I have is of some of my bad attempts at cooking fish and the subsequent this is gross faces i get from my children........

I LOVE fish, however Tuna that size is a top predator that accumulates a LOT of mercury over time. I have reduced my sushi exposure to maybe only once a quarter because of the mercury absorption problems.

The only fish stories I have is of some of my bad attempts at cooking fish and the subsequent this is gross faces i get from my children........

Ok Jeremy Piven.

Fish is nasty, that is why I take fish oil. People that eat fish live like 15 years longer then if not. Sev will be here 10 years longer then anyone on the board. At 85 he will still be arguing Obama was the best president ever, lol. "Back in my day, presidents used to spend trillions. The temperature used to be .00000001% cooler. And I used to walk uphill to school, both ways..."

Come on that was funny.

Archived