THE BROWNS BOARD

XBox 360

Thaak

I'm seriously thinking about going and picking one up. Any advice on whether I should get the Elite or Arcade model?

I'm not looking to do movies or music or anything like that, and the only difference I really see is that the Elite comes with a 120gb Hard Drive and the Arcade comes with 256MB memory stick.

Any thoughts?

I'm seriously thinking about going and picking one up. Any advice on whether I should get the Elite or Arcade model?

I'm not looking to do movies or music or anything like that, and the only difference I really see is that the Elite comes with a 120gb Hard Drive and the Arcade comes with 256MB memory stick.

Any thoughts?

Get the elite, it's worth it. 120 gb hard drive , you'll need it.

you need the harddrive for patching, save games etc. that 256 mem stick will be used up really quick, not to mention you'll never be able to try any demos, or download any xbl arcade games like shadow complex.

I can't immagine how annoying it would be to use my 360 without a harddrive, you would have to juggle the data almoast every time you switch a game.

however one option would be to buy the arcade version, and look for one of the smaller 20 or so gig hard drives off ebay, or other stores. i hear refurbished drives can be pretty cheap.

however if you plan on playing more than 2 games, or getting xbox live, that 256 stick will just be an annoyance, and you'll likely end up having to buy a new one every couple of games you buy just to store your data.

Definitely go pro or elite. You absolutely NEED the memory for several reasons.

1. game demos - you can download demos for games for free, sort of a try before you buy type thing. no can do without memory

2. install games to the hard drive - say you have a disc that is skipping or locking up a game, you can install the game to the hard drive and have faster loading times and no lock ups

3. Xbox live content - smaller cheap games on the marketplace

4. patches and updates - updates alone for the machine are decent size. I would imagine after a few saved games and updates you'd be full

I suppose you don't have to get the memory if you NEVER plan on connecting to the internet, but you would be wasting 3/4's of your device if you didn't connect.

Other cool things you can do:

1. stream your media from your computer right to your tv (if connected)

2. stream netflix $9 a month gets you over 12k movies streaming right to your tv at the touch of a button (plus 1 delivered at a time)

3. play games online with others

Plus, if you go with the arcade and then decide you need the memory, it is like $120 bucks by itself bc Microsoft is greedy like that.

Hope this clears it up.

Theyve phased out the pro model so now all thats left is arcade and elite. I would go elite for sure because of the fact that even though you dont think that youll have a lot of games or download a lot of things for the games you have it adds up quickly. I started with the pro model(when they offered it) and Ive had to upgrade to the 120gb hardrive.

P.S anyone with live go ahead and add me Call It Karma88

you need the harddrive for patching, save games etc. that 256 mem stick will be used up really quick, not to mention you'll never be able to try any demos, or download any xbl arcade games like shadow complex.

I can't immagine how annoying it would be to use my 360 without a harddrive, you would have to juggle the data almoast every time you switch a game.

however one option would be to buy the arcade version, and look for one of the smaller 20 or so gig hard drives off ebay, or other stores. i hear refurbished drives can be pretty cheap.

however if you plan on playing more than 2 games, or getting xbox live, that 256 stick will just be an annoyance, and you'll likely end up having to buy a new one every couple of games you buy just to store your data.

That's not true. I bought the Arcade version from my friend, brand new, for 150 bucks with two controllers and four games. He's stupid, but that's another story. I haven't bought a hard drive yet, but I've gotten Live and I play it a decent amount. I have 4 different Road To Glory players on NCAA, as well as 3 Dynasties and 10 of the spots filled for created teams. On Madden, I have 2 Superstars, a Franchise and an Online Franchise. I also have beaten Star Wars: The Force Unleashed on all of the difficulties, Left 4 Dead 1 and 2 on all of the difficulties , and I'm decently far in Rainbow Six Vegas: 2. Plus, I have two different users on my 360. After all of that, I still have about 160 MB left of memory. That's with all the needed updates as well. Granted, I'm not a "hardcore" gamer. I don't download any demos, I don't have any music saved to my hard drive, nor do I have any pictures on there. The memory isn't really a problem for me yet, although I do plan on getting a hard drive in the next month or so.

The only problem I've encountered so far that is memory related is the fact that, when I play Madden or NCAA, I can't go back and look at all of the replays from the game I just played.

Any thoughts?

Radio Shack has a nice web site. ;)

and my dad, 47, plays on xbl with me, on call of duty modern warfare 2 that is.

bbut about your question.

elites offer high deffenition. and the extremely large hard drive. and cooler looking.

cons- expensive.

Arcades offer a cheap xbox with no hard drive. but you can pick one up at game stop and that would be cheapier even after buying the hard drive then the elite.

personally. i play ALOT of games. I have a 60 gb hd. and honestly i use 25 gb. and i have no music nor movies.

so really its up to you.

I got my dad one for christmas. I grabbed the arcade at walmart for only 100 bux (It was some sale before christmas)

Then I ordered this for him...

http://www.amazon.com/Xbox-360-Refurbished...6774&sr=8-5

Basically it gets you everything you need... Harddrive, headset, Live subscription, etc...

He just plays a few games and saves them, and gets online every once in a while and it works great for him. I've had the 20 gig harddrive since the 360 came out and haven't really needed any more space. I just delete demos when I am done. (but I don't download movies or game adds ons either) The only thing I would like a larger harddrive for is that you can download games you own right on the harddrive and play the games straight from memory. It keeps the disk from spinning and it reduces loading times... but again it's not a big deal.

Any thoughts?

Dude I can mod it.

Archived