THE BROWNS BOARD

Is There a Worse Tackling Team in the League

alporcini

This defense is a joke and RAC should hang his head. RACs two veteran leaders (McGinest and Davis) missed more tackles tonight then teams do in a year.

And how about all that pressure they got on the QB?

Guest 88fingerslewy

Stan, you probably see better tackling at a Mentor game. And that in no way is a knock on them. I can't remember watching a game when I was embarrassed at a teams tackling. I've seen over-powering offenses make defenses look bad but this was total horseshit

Bad tackling is a result of bad coaching.

How many times did we see Wright reach out & "grab" a runner with both hands?...Did he actually expect them to fall down from fear?

The poor tackling coupled with a "non-rush" against a QB who was clearly having an off night. WHY can't, or won't, our coaching staff play aggressively? Tonight begged for aggressive play & we could have put this game away. Instead, we had to rely on an improbable field goal....If we do that the rest of the season, we'll lose most (if not all) the rest of our games.

We were damn lucky!

Mike

Horrific.

Buffalo should have scored 7 points tonight. Their offense was one dimensional after Edwards completely imploded in less than one quarter and played scared all night. The entire planet knew the only chance Buffalo had was to run the ball and guess what? The 28th rated rushing team lit us up for 150+.

I'm flat out shocked at how horrible a run defense we have.

The Browns have a syndrome called "Wait for the other guy to make the tackle."

It's something pussy football players do. They pretend they want to make the play, but in actuality they are waiting for the other guy to make the play.

This is what Lewis was referring to as quitting.

I noticed this early on in the year but it hadn't festered into full blown meltdowns like of late.

I'm tired of this soft ass defense, this whole team plays without fire because of this teddy bear bullshit RAC brings as a coach. I rarely see guys on the sideline trying to get the team fired up, even when were winning. Play angry football, play fierce, with fire and learn how to tackle.

and another thing....quit trying to strip the F**KING ball every play and hit someone like they just ran over your dog....

It might cause a fumble 1 out of 100 times, but the other 99 times the ball carrier gains 5 additional yards, or in the case of the past few weeks he finds the endzone. It's garbage. I wanted to fire the defensive coordinator but I'm afraid the guy who replaces him will somehow be worse.

Someone in the Cleveland media please pose this question in next press conference. What the hell is going on?

I think that JL is right about the "quitters" and that players that perform at such a low level should be benched without pay for a game or fined for committing fraud. Something has to be done! I watched players, time and time again, stand idle as opposing RBs ran right past them. Very little to no effort on the defensive side of the ball. Romeo should be 100lbs lighter from jumping up & down in rage watching the defense on the field. And the OL is not playing anywhere near their ability. Where is the accountability???

When are they gonna realize that arm-tackles and tackling high won't cut it??? Their technique as a team is horrendous. This is a reflection of the quality of coaching.... which is about zero. I can't friggin believe the defense almost cost us ANOTHER game. I'm happy I didn't follow through with smashing my television set over my head.

Archived