THE BROWNS BOARD

I'm Drinking the Cool Aid again.

firebiker911

After several seasons, I finally have that "feeling" back about the Browns. After watching Holmgren's press conference and the great finish to the season, I can't wait til next season starts, This is the end of the Browns bad luck, I am thoroughly convinced. Whether we keep Mangini or not, I have faith that this guy is going to make the right decisions to get this team turned around.

If Mangini goes, :angry: ,expect another 3 years of .500 ball. If Holmgren brings in a new staff, it means more rebuilding and I don't know about everyone else, but I think Mangini is the first one in 11 years to do it correctly. I wouldn't trust the next guy to be able to do it.

If Mangini goes, :angry: ,expect another 3 years of .500 ball. If Holmgren brings in a new staff, it means more rebuilding and I don't know about everyone else, but I think Mangini is the first one in 11 years to do it correctly. I wouldn't trust the next guy to be able to do it.

another 3 years of .500 ball? I would love it if we had been playing .500 ball all these years!

One press conference won't sway me. If Holmgren keeps Mangini around I see great things in this team's future. If he fires him and starts all over again one year after we just did that, we'll be hurting for another 3 years.

Im on the holmgren bandwagon bigtime this guy will turn us around with or without mangini...

First off i think mangini deserves another year to finish what he started for the better or worse ,with that said and looking at mangini from a full body of work like holmgren will/has..for every good thing mangini has done you can find at least one at least equally bad where he didnt do well or done things in an unacceptable manner..what comes to my mind is holmgren will be fair but EM has many black holes that will have to be filled in...

The last thing we want or need to see is another embattled regime...and if holmgren feels he cant trust or work with EM or his staff members then he/they simply have to go..its mikes way or no way and im ready to go whichever way he sees fit..the man is a walking encyclopedia of football knowledge and a proven winner lets have a little faith that if he needs to replace mangini for the better good that this will be the last time in a long time that it will be necessary..

Like i said im all for the genie finishiing what he started but only if it complements holmgrens path and not poisons it..i still have doubts about mangini's OC and their offensive game in general ,but if MH wants to go with it or go a different way im with that as well...im just glad we have a guy worthy of being president..

another 3 years of .500 ball? I would love it if we had been playing .500 ball all these years!

You're right, we haven't played .500 ball but we now have the best look at long term success that we have had since Marty ball. I for one don't want to see the process stopped and reversed for the sake of a new regime's ego and favors owed to friends and collegues.

The difference is now we are in a much better position to build on what we have. This team was built from the inside of the roster out. If we add one or two guys that are better than most at their positions then we are a really good team, for the long term. Character, attitude, philosophy, and trust have all been installed so the hard parts have been taken care of. This isn't a team that signed LeCharles Bentley or Dante' Stallworth when the core of the team was in shambles. Then we draft William Greens and Courtney Browns as saviors. This is a team put together for the future and to bring somebody else's ideas in here can really disrupt the foundation that is in place now. It would take extraordinary circumstances and an extraordinary coach to continue Mangini's vision, which by the way, is the the BEST vision for this team. And what does it say to players who have been here for awhile? It says that they play for a schizophrenic company with zero stability. Which contributes greatly to the lack of culture and identity that until now, we haven't had. When contracts are up, players will walk. Its bad on top of bad if a coaching change is made this year. So, you'll get .500 ball for a few more years, then, we blow it up again and the cycle continues.

I would definitely like to see mangini come back for another year or 2 and just show what he can really do. If holmgren decides that is not a good idea, i would like to see who he brings in as GM and HC and see what staff members he keeps. I think holmgren can turn this team around with or without mangini.

I am not sure how i feel about the West Coast offense and having the right QB's playing in it. I would much rather see a phenominal running game and a lights out defense and play with our amazing special teams to dominate the field position battle and win games that way. Maybe its because i saw how well it worked for the ravens during their super bowl run (i live in maryland). I don't have any confidence in our passing game or our QB's/WR's. If i had to take one O-line+RB combination for our team next year i would stick with the browns personell and add a drafted RT.

I would definitely like to see mangini come back for another year or 2 and just show what he can really do. If holmgren decides that is not a good idea, i would like to see who he brings in as GM and HC and see what staff members he keeps. I think holmgren can turn this team around with or without mangini.

I am not sure how i feel about the West Coast offense and having the right QB's playing in it. I would much rather see a phenominal running game and a lights out defense and play with our amazing special teams to dominate the field position battle and win games that way. Maybe its because i saw how well it worked for the ravens during their super bowl run (i live in maryland). I don't have any confidence in our passing game or our QB's/WR's. If i had to take one O-line+RB combination for our team next year i would stick with the browns personell and add a drafted RT.

FYI, the "West Coast Offense" was first run first here in Cleveland under Paul Brown and Otto Graham. Bill Walsh, PBs asst. coach in Cincinnati merely tweeked PBs schemes then claimed to have "invented" the WCO. (He didn't even invent the name....Bernie Kosar did that, another FYI). Walsh did a masterful job at it, just don't let anyone say that he "invented" it. If the WCO is to be played here under Holmgren, all that is happening is that it will be coming home.

Its called "Kool Aid" dammit. not "Cool Aid", get it right! lol but I share the optimism, hope we are heading in the right direction.

kool_aid.jpg

Yea, Cool Aid was that benefit concert to aid the effort against Global Warming. You know, it had bands participate like ABBA and Aha, and The Guess Who, The Leningrad Cowboys, Jorma Kaukonen, Ace of Base, Jewel (from Alaska), Rush, Bryan Adams, Loverboy, Anne Murray, Neil Young, Bachman-Turner Overdrive and Chilliwack. Special appearances were made by Ice-T, Ice Cube, and Vanilla Ice. Master of Ceremonies was William "The Refrigerator" Perry. And here is the hotel in which they all stayed (see the link):

http://travel.webshots.com/album/65902383qiVvot

Coolade, Cool Aid, Kool Aid, Schmool Aid, I'm excited and optimistic, you knew what I meant.

I just choked a bit on holmgrens kool-aid after seeing the pathetic offer they gave cribbs...come on MH the guy is sick of being jerked around by one regime after another...the fans are sick of cribbs being jerked around by one regime after another ,do whats right and PAY THE MAN!

everyone is on holmgren's bandwagon. why? what has he shown us? he's been in the league long enough to know how to schmooz reporters and the public at a news conference. big deal. how about those news conferences concerning how he couldn't corral favre in gb or why the seahawks suck? remember those? yeah. get ready, it's coming. leave mangini there or he's just another big blowhard with his own agenda, going to hire his pals and give them jobs with contracts for the next five years that lerner and the browns will be paying after they're gone.

im tentatively on the wagon.....keeping mangini was a start to get there, but i want to see if this is a charade first.

i figured MH would come in with the axe, but he surprised even me with his rationale. thats one good decision, so im on board. im not a fan of his system, the 4-3 especially, and with many of his draft picks. but he does offer specialty in one of our critical areas of need. so at best, im going in sceptically. if mangini gets the players he needs for his system, then im all in for holmgren. if we see the talent start to change on the defensive side of the ball, im gonna be real concerned.

holmgren should get the benefit of the doubt since he's proved he knows what he's doing, but his decisions should always be scrutinized. even he admits this is new territory for him, so no one should just assume he is right simply because he says so.

Archived