THE BROWNS BOARD

Would you trade stability and consistency for a winning season?

AskMeLater

If say the Browns were to make a playoff run next year, but went back to sucking after that. Would you be happy with that? When Anderson had his good season a while ago. I got excited. I thought things were turning around. Of course we all know what has happened since.

As a Browns fan I would like to see some stability and some consistency. I"m not talking about consistently sucking either. I know many on here follow the Browns like a religion. I know that many of you have extremely high football IQs. However, as Gandalf once said, even the very wise cannot see all ends.

Whether Mangini stays or goes. Whether Cribbs stays or goes. There are many paths, players and personnel that can contribute to the Browns success. Change is never easy. We've had our fair share of uncertainty. What keeps me going and mellow is the prospect of what might be. The browns never fail to surprise me, both good and bad. I enjoy the fans and cheering for the underdog. The Browns are a great franchise with a storied past and hopefully a bright future.

Whatever happens I will watch the Browns whenever possible. I'll yell at the screen when they make a bad play or decision. I'll yell even louder when they perform as I know they can. I'm a Browns fan that has never seen them pay live, never been to Cleveland. Drawn by the fans, the fury and the fun. Happy new year to all Browns fans. The new year, as always, brings the promise of something great. So it is with our beloved Browns.

Absolutely not...almost everyone thought after we went 10-6 that we were back in the thick of things but it was only an illusion and i would take a stable consistent 8-8 or 9-7 team any day ,realizing that once we get stablized the playoffs are just around the corner..

you are asking if short term gains are worth sacrificing long term gains....... IF this was about Marketing hype than YES but this is about sustainment of a competitive product in a constantly shifting business warfare envirement. so NO.....

Or another similar argument would be of building massively thru free agency or building thru the draft and waiver wires,etc.... I think the answer lies that you build long term thru development and the draft along with picking up guys on waivers but sometime when you need and immediate injection Free agency is the answer.

The Browns needs a little of both, but much more on the long term sustainability.

Archived