THE BROWNS BOARD

attending any concerts this year?

MudratDetector

right now, i'm going to the 2 Furthur (surviving grateful dead) shows in north carolina next month. i planned on doing a chunk of the tour but vet bills have cut into that. i'll be going to quite a few Phish shows this year once they get their dates out as well. i'm also looking into going to the bluegrass festival in cumberland, md in may called Delfest.

what do you all have lined-up?

• 3 weeks later...

Hitting up Killswitch Engage w/ The Devil Wears Prada in feb, Silverstein w/ A Day to Remember and August Burns Red in April and probably both Cleveland and Cinci Warped Tours this summer and then wait n see what kind of fall tours happen, I love concerts

• 1 month later...

you seem relatively close to Bonnaroo, Mudrat. any plans to attend?

Rothbury got cancelled. :mad:

prolly do Telluride and various Red Rocks shows this year. Maiden is coming through so gotta do that. so far just been hitting up my standards like Kool Keith, Aes Rock, Lif, RJD2, Flobots, Kid Koala, STS9, Furthur, Lez Zeppelin...

you seem relatively close to Bonnaroo, Mudrat. any plans to attend?

Rothbury got cancelled. :mad:

prolly do Telluride and various Red Rocks shows this year. Maiden is coming through so gotta do that. so far just been hitting up my standards like Kool Keith, Aes Rock, Lif, RJD2, Flobots, Kid Koala, STS9, Furthur, Lez Zeppelin...

no. bonnaroo is too big for me.

just got my phish ticket for cuyahoga falls. can't wait to rage.

• 2 weeks later...

Saw Tool at Red Rocks, what a show. 60 mph guts of wind from all direction, heat lightning, no rain and Maynard in a leather Speedo.

Saw the B-Boys, Primus and Phish there. For the Beastie Boys they took a 10 minute break and came back out in powder blue tux's and the whole stage turned 180. Played shit off Check Your Head.

Sorry fellas I hate Phish, I left half way through and got ripped in the parking lot. They are great musicians no doubt, but some of the cheesiest bubblegum jazz wanna be shit on the planet.

I saw Flogging Molly on St. Patty's Day and they were incredible. Going to see the Drive-By Truckers on Cinco De Mayo and considering going to see the Robert Cray Band later in May.

I'm itching for a Metal show.

Doug

lol. convincing argument there. phish is miles beyond that beasties boys shit.

i'm doing 2 nights of furthur in philadelphia now and probably roger waters in columbus.

slow year for me considering that i saw over 20 shows last year.

As a musician, I see Phish's stuff as musical masterbation. It's really funny, I get the exact same response from every Phish fan I say that to. I am not joking, every single one. "So who do YOU like, then". They belittle other art because deep down they know they know without Phish's 80,000 obscure scales and the A#m suspended chords in the f*ck all key of bullshit, they suck. Each and every one responds that way, it's pretty funny. Anyone can sit in a room, snort coke for 3 days and learn 300 scales. Sure Phish's music is "miles beyond" The Beastie Boys "shit", in terms of musical prowess. And you say this like you and other Phish fans are only ones privy to musical knowledge or music theory, lol. I would rather listen to someone talking about the Gratitude for the people they love instead of some self-righteous, drug induced, choose your own adventure lyrics like, "And the famous mockingbird swooped down out of the sky and landed on Icculus's shoulder, and Icculus whispered into the bird's ear, and it flew off toward Wilson's castle in the valley below."

So yes Phish sucks.

p.s. huge Roger Water fan.

I'll be attending the following in Hartford. Of course I will be a beertender. But, I will be there.

Dave Matthews Band (twice)

Phish (twice)

Brooks & Dunn: Last Rodeo Tour with special guest Gary Allan

Jack Johnson: To The Sea Tour 2010

Lynyrd Skynyrd God & Guns Tour w/ Bret Michaels of Poison & 38 Special

2010 Vans Warped Tour

Southern Voice Tour: Tim McGraw with special guest Lady Antebellum and Love and Theft

O.A.R. (…of a revolution)

THE ROCKSTAR ENERGY DRINK MAYHEM FESTIVAL featuring KORN, Rob Zombie, Lamb of God, Five Finger Death Punch

Lilith

Kings of Leon

John Mayer

Green Day with special guest AFI

Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers and Crosby, Stills and Nash

As a musician, I see Phish's stuff as musical masterbation. It's really funny, I get the exact same response from every Phish fan I say that to. I am not joking, every single one. "So who do YOU like, then". They belittle other art because deep down they know they know without Phish's 80,000 obscure scales and the A#m suspended chords in the f*ck all key of bullshit, they suck. Each and every one responds that way, it's pretty funny. Anyone can sit in a room, snort coke for 3 days and learn 300 scales. Sure Phish's music is "miles beyond" The Beastie Boys "shit", in terms of musical prowess. And you say this like you and other Phish fans are only ones privy to musical knowledge or music theory, lol. I would rather listen to someone talking about the Gratitude for the people they love instead of some self-righteous, drug induced, choose your own adventure lyrics like, "And the famous mockingbird swooped down out of the sky and landed on Icculus's shoulder, and Icculus whispered into the bird's ear, and it flew off toward Wilson's castle in the valley below."

So yes Phish sucks.

p.s. huge Roger Water fan.

I guess Mudrat has no response. Figures.

I guess Mudrat has no response. Figures.

no, i have a response, i just don't spend my entire life on a browns forum.

funny that you bring up the musician thing since i'm have played music for 15 years. it's just my thing (phish). i just lol when people start throwing out mainstream acts and saying how much better there show is.

as far as musical masturbation, the biggest tool that i've ever met describes all music like this that isn't indy shit (even zepplin, floyd, etc)

ps: I <3 roger waters.

pps: nice icculus shout-out.

no, i have a response, i just don't spend my entire life on a browns forum.

funny that you bring up the musician thing since i'm have played music for 15 years. it's just my thing (phish). i just lol when people start throwing out mainstream acts and saying how much better there show is.

as far as musical masturbation, the biggest tool that i've ever met describes all music like this that isn't indy shit (even zepplin, floyd, etc)

ps: I <3 roger waters.

pps: nice icculus shout-out.

Really? Mainstream acts, sorry Mr. underground. My brother was on an underground label, called Touch and Go, lol. Good music is good music popular or not. So yea I've sort of kept up with "underground" acts. I never compared shows, just the music. I've never said anything about Phish "shows". Too funny, now the billion dollar franchise band Phish is "underground", lol!

Indy? Dude I love Zepplin, Floyd, Bob Dylan, Boston (one of Trey's guilty pleasures), Pantera, Black Sabboth, Mark Bolan and T-Rex, BOC, all classic rock with a few exceptions, etc. So no I don't describe ANY of those bands as such. Just shit bands like Phish. Shit I'd even listen to Workingman's Dead 100 times before listening to Phish.

I saw Flogging Molly on St. Patty's Day and they were incredible. Going to see the Drive-By Truckers on Cinco De Mayo and considering going to see the Robert Cray Band later in May.

I'm itching for a Metal show.

Doug

i assume Iron Maiden at The Blossom will be in your future then. don't sleep on your tickets, you might be hard pressed to get them now as it is.

i just decided to catch them here at Red Rocks, along with finally seeing Tom Petty, and also a show consisting of Styx, Foreigner, and Kansas. these should all be fun, nostalgic times (i hope).

phish covers "roses are free". that may have something to do with it. i enjoy mostly the really old stuff that is really rough around the edges like godweensatan that is just the duo with the drum machine.

oddly enough, the only other time that i saw ween, they opened for trey anastasio

phish covers "roses are free". that may have something to do with it. i enjoy mostly the really old stuff that is really rough around the edges like godweensatan that is just the duo with the drum machine.

oddly enough, the only other time that i saw ween, they opened for trey anastasio

Well Phish also covers Smells Like Teen Spirit. I don't see too many Nirvana fans liking Phish, lol....

Yea I have godweensatan, great album.

I think they write most of their shit with 5, 8 Balls and a drum machine.

Baby Bitch could be one of my favorite songs of Ween.

• 3 months later...
saw phish on friday @ deer creek (indianapolis). it ruled per usual.

Come on they suck, lol. You know we don't see eye to eye on it. But I am sure you had fun. I saw the Dead at Deer Creek way long ago.

A band you got to see, Fu Manchu, Sept 9th at the Grog Shop.

deer creek has changed so much. it's not the little laidback cornfield mecca for camping concert-goers anymore. xxxxing malls and development everywhere. from the time that i started seeing shows there (2002) through today, it's like night and day :(

:end of hippy/nostalgic rant:

Nah, man I am the farthest from a hippy their is. I have experienced it all (except for my nemisis, lol). I saw the dead in 1998, I believe. And as far as I remember, all their were there were windmills and jellybean animals.

Archived