THE BROWNS BOARD

Camp Trade Josh Cribbs

Guest CardDawg

Guest CardDawg

punt & kick returners have a short shelf life. giving cribbs a new contract is not in the browns best interest, in my opinion. I think we should trade him now while the market is prime for him. if we could get a high draft pick for him (a 2nd+ or even a 1st rounder), I think we should let him go.

great guy, entertaining, explosive, good ... tradable.

-CardDawg

I don't think we should trade him at all. I think he can be an explosive playmaker that just needs to be utilized more. With more experience in this type of offensive gameplan he can be one of our best weapons.

All this talk comes from his agent, in my opinion, I think he does want a better contract but his agent is in his ear.

Guest CardDawg
Good luck w/ that, who would trade a first round pick for a kick returner?

Finding a medium of what he is worth is where we are at. what if we received a damn good receiver for him, or a defensive back? a starter?

Finding a medium of what he is worth is where we are at. what if we received a damn good receiver for him, or a defensive back? a starter?

Ooowwwwhhhhh ... a starter!

CardFag, did you happen to see Toni Grossi's player rankings? Josh Cribbs is the best player on the team. Right now.

Most exposive. Most versatile. Gives a viable running threat at QB/Wild Cat. Oh ... and is the greatest kick returner in NFL history.

So let's trade him for a "damn good receiver" ... or even a "starter"!

You are the worst, and most generic, of the new posters on the board (other than the trolls).

You usually have nothing to say, and when you do, it's just plain stupid.

You have some lame golf ball avatar that looks like it came with your internet starter kit ... and even your name "CardDawg" is vanilla and lame.

And now you want to trade Josh Cribbs ...

Zombo

--Brilliant!

Josh will be staying ,holmy will work it out..he said it himself "we want josh on the team we want him back" cribbs has at least 2 years of premium left and deserves to be paid for the way he turns it on full blast precisely because his head on approach will likely lead to a short career ,PAY THE MAN!

Guest CardDawg
Ooowwwwhhhhh ... a starter!

CardFag, did you happen to see Toni Grossi's player rankings? Josh Cribbs is the best player on the team. Right now.

Most exposive. Most versatile. Gives a viable running threat at QB/Wild Cat. Oh ... and is the greatest kick returner in NFL history.

So let's trade him for a "damn good receiver" ... or even a "starter"!

You are the worst, and most generic, of the new posters on the board (other than the trolls).

You usually have nothing to say, and when you do, it's just plain stupid.

You have some lame golf ball avatar that looks like it came with your internet starter kit ... and even your name "CardDawg" is vanilla and lame.

And now you want to trade Josh Cribbs ...

Zombo

--Brilliant!

Oh i'm sorry, i guess you have to call someone a fag or homo or write in colorful font to be big bad and smart in your little world. how long do kick returners last in this league? he is better than Hester only because he gets rest inbetween returns because he can't cut it as a starter, only a gimick tweener. it does us real good to have a kick returned for a TD in a 35-13 loss. lets keep sending attention deficit disorder patients out for passes, punt, and allow the other team to score so that we can put our best guy out there again. that's real smart Queerbo. what a tool.

Oh i'm sorry, i guess you have to call someone a fag or homo or write in colorful font to be big bad and smart in your little world. how long do kick returners last in this league? he is better than Hester only because he gets rest inbetween returns because he can't cut it as a starter, only a gimick tweener. it does us real good to have a kick returned for a TD in a 35-13 loss. lets keep sending attention deficit disorder patients out for passes, punt, and allow the other team to score so that we can put our best guy out there again. that's real smart Queerbo. what a tool.

Queerbo? ... really?

How long did guys like Brian Mitchell and Mel Gray stay in the league?

Cribbs is 26. Again ... greatest KO returner in NFL history. 500 yards rushing. Best tackler on coverage teams. Can run the WildDawg, play quarterback, receiver, running back ... oh hell, why even trade him at all, let's just cut him!

Zombo

--He really went "Queerbo"?

Guest CardDawg
Queerbo? ... really?

Cribbs is 26. Again ... greatest KO returner in NFL history. 500 yards rushing. Best tackler on coverage teams. Can run the WildDawg, play quarterback, receiver, running back ... oh hell, why even trade him at all, let's just cut him!

Zombo

Case in point, Mel Gray returned 0 Punts for TD's in his last 5 years. Brian mitchell returned 5 punts in his first 6 seasosn and only 3 in his last 8. It won't be long before cribbs is just returning kicks for $3-mil. hopefully we have a real offense by then and a QB that can play on 3rd downs. thanks for playing though special teams ace.

punt & kick returners have a short shelf life. giving cribbs a new contract is not in the browns best interest, in my opinion. I think we should trade him now while the market is prime for him. if we could get a high draft pick for him (a 2nd+ or even a 1st rounder), I think we should let him go.

great guy, entertaining, explosive, good ... tradable.

-CardDawg

CardDawg there is a part of this you are not weighing in, and that is the fact that he is this teams leader, heart, soul whatever you want to call it without him getting the rest of the team into it I guarantee they don't finish the season as strongly as they did.

All the good teams have a player like cribbs on it Brady in NE Lewis in Baltimore Tomlinson in San Diego just to name a few. Without those guys leading the way those teams would never be as dominant as they are.

Good luck w/ that, who would trade a first round pick for a kick returner?

:lol: Answer: Al Davis. He's used a first rounder on a punter & a place kicker, so why not complete the trifecta?

Based on yesterday's fallout, I don't think Cribbs is going anywhere, but it's not in the best interests of the TEAM to not even listen to offers, should they come our way (and they will).

Just like every person has a price so does every team. If you offer up a 1st and 2nd round pick i say tradem. But lets be honest we will only get a 3rd or a very slim chance of a 2nd so it is not worth trade him. He is a hard working player overall. We should payem but not the money he wants. I think 2.5 to 3 mill a year would be fair. He should be happy the browns are even willing to listen to his ass and renegotiate. Just because the browns got smart and signed him long term shouldnt make the browns the bad guys. Nobody put a gun to his head and said sign this 6 yr contract and oh by the way the max you will make a year is 1 million. I go back and forth.

CardDawg there is a part of this you are not weighing in, and that is the fact that he is this teams leader, heart, soul whatever you want to call it without him getting the rest of the team into it I guarantee they don't finish the season as strongly as they did.

All the good teams have a player like cribbs on it Brady in NE Lewis in Baltimore Tomlinson in San Diego just to name a few. Without those guys leading the way those teams would never be as dominant as they are.

CardDawg doesn't care that he is the heart and soul of the team, he thinks it would be good publicity for the Browns to trade the one guy that fans love, the one guy who has been great in a period of darkness, the one guy who stands above the rest of the league at what he does.

Zombo

--CardDawg's next thread: "Camp Trade Joe Thomas for a decent Safety"

Queerbo? ... really?

Zombo

I agree Zombo

I can't remember what year but I thought Cribbs lead the ST in tackles also.

So the guy can lay a lick on guys also... not just throw a hand out or body out there and hope the guy trips over him like a kicker would do.

I don't see the reason why we don't try him out in the secondary somewhere. The guy can tackle, has good speed, and is able to shed blocks, which is somewhat speculative with what we have had back there in years past.

Devon hester blows on offence period.

Was pretty good as a CB

But I would pick Cribbs any day as a player.

Hester has Speed going for him that’s IT.

But I have rarely seen hester shed a lot of tackle on returns like cribbs. We have all witnessed cribbs stopped dead in his tracks numerous times on the same return and still take it to the house.

Hester has to have a good lane and not be stopped or slowed that’s it he can't run through tackles like cribbs.

Is hester a threat... Yes. But Cribbs is the better athlete.

Pay the guy.

I'm in the trade CardDawg camp. :rolleyes:

That might be the best idea yet.

Let's send him to BarkingTard for some Amber pics, a "BQ looks great in the brown pants" thread and Shep's Ivy league sweater...

Zombo

Guest CardDawg

Let's send him to BarkingTard for some Amber pics, a "BQ looks great in the brown pants" thread and Shep's Ivy league sweater...

Zombo

Geez asshole, all i was alluding too was that we draw some trade offers for him. he ain't going anywhere anyhow, so why not stretch this thing out through the draft and make other teams tip their hand? i forgot the team has to check with hyou and dawgpound mike now before making a move that may better the all-around tem.

Zombo

Oh no you didnt! Now they're gonna have another 3-4 page thread about how strange atenears is and how all the new posters here are trolls and ass kissers lmao

Geez asshole, all i was alluding too was that we draw some trade offers for him. he ain't going anywhere anyhow, so why not stretch this thing out through the draft and make other teams tip their hand? i forgot the team has to check with hyou and dawgpound mike now before making a move that may better the all-around tem.

Oh, I'm sorry Card Dawg. You were just alluding that we draw some offers for him.

Whew.

Here I thought you meant "I think we should trade him now while the market is prime for him. if we could get a high draft pick for him (a 2nd+ or even a 1st rounder), I think we should let him go." because you wrote "I think we should trade him now while the market is prime for him. if we could get a high draft pick for him (a 2nd+ or even a 1st rounder), I think we should let him go.

Zombo

--You don't belong here, Cardfag, time to find a new home ... but you better hurry, BarkingTard, is offering a pack of trading cards if you sign up today ... two packs if you friend them on Facebook!"

Guest CardDawg

Queerbo

--You don't belong here, Cardfag, time to find a new home ... but you better hurry, BarkingTard, is offering a pack of trading cards if you sign up today ... two packs if you friend them on Facebook!"

Screw you! i have been reading this site for the past year and i know one thing - that you are a pompous ass. we should have traded you and your dumb game predictions for hiwaygals sweaty boot.

Zombo

A little hard on ole Card Dawg don't ya think Zippy? I get where the guy is coming from, I don't get your angle of attacking him though.

I hope Mom comes along and rips you a new asshole.

Screw you! i have been reading this site for the past year and i know one thing - that you are a pompous ass. we should have traded you and your dumb game predictions for hiwaygals sweaty boot.

Poor CardDawg, doesn't know that every post has the following information under his name:

1. "joined october 15, 2009"

Was that really a year ago? My, how time flies. Or maybe that is when all the Nancy Boys left and, just like clockwork, new Nancy Boys replaced them.

and...

2. "From: Sterling Hts. Michigan"

Let me guess: You are a Pistons fan, you hate Ohio St., Braylon Edwards was the reason you started following the Browns (at age 11), and you get all tingly inside when you watch George Clooney movies.

Zombo

Archived