THE BROWNS BOARD

My Stupid Take

Guest ATENEARS

Guest ATENEARS

I think a better running game puts that game away an hour early. Converting only 6-9 points on 4 turnovers is weak. We gotta start moving the chains on the ground and open and compliment the passing game.

Why in the World don't teams just line up against our arm-tackling sissy defense and just run the ball 70+ times?

Defense? I'm all for it ... and can't wait until we get one besides on paper. (not really worth even talking about).

Braylon Edwards dropped way too many passes or Brady don't have a winning drive.

What's the difference between Kellen Winslow and Kevin Johnson? ANSWER: Kevin Johnson had more yards after the catch, and got sent packing for not having more.

Why didn't Stallworth play? Oh he did? What's with the chemistry between Boy wonder and him?

What's with the Squibb kicks?

Harrison deserves plenty of more carries ... that's obvious to everyone, right? (apparently not).

Thank God the Bills DB's can't catch.

Brady had two good back-to-back passes to BE, another in the open flat to BE (which was a nice pattern finding space) and he had a couple nice throws to Winslow, but probably the best of all was the one down the sideline to Harrison.

Brady & Chud need to find something that works in the Red Zone though. we thought the DA lead offense was bad in the Red Zone, tonight was horrible not capitalizing on the early turnovers. Although nice execution on the Cribbs Run-TD, made the play call look good.

I thought this might be one of the better games our Lb's have played ... and we got ran on like a bitch. But Winbley (a pick, almost two and saw him seal the corner well), Mcginest (a pick and "didn't quit") & Andra Davis (Stops behind the line and a pick, are you kidding me?), they all made some good plays ... but a ton of plays were still to be made.

It was one of Braylon Edwards best games, and he dropped what seemed like 4-5 passes.

I was glad Brady progressed from locking onto Winslow to getting attemps at catching for Braylon. Can we expect Stallworth & Steptoe to get in on the action soon?

Brady didn't exactly handle the blitz well. Brady hasn't exactly put DA away yet, but it's early and he looks 'safe'.

How many did we lose to injury in this game?

Did I give Phil Dawson his proper stroking yet? That guy has reall emerged. (Steroids?)

Eric Wright was the pussy that McDonald was last week. We can't tackle.

A Win is a win ... ugly ... on the verge of blowing the lead all game long ... but a win.

Gotta suck to be a Bills fan this morning. Thanks for having Browns day for us about nine years ago though! xxxooo

A win is a win.

Agreed.

Special teams were a major disappointment tonight. How can you actually call a squib kick when you are kicking WITH the wind and protecting a 2 point lead? Amazing.

JL is finished. I'm a big backer of his. Love his heart, etc. However, he simply has lost the ability to hit holes at the speed necessary in the NFL. He's a liability as a 20+ carries per game guy. We have to go to committee and split his carries with Harrison.

We flat out can not tackle.

Corners came to play in pass defense tonight. Nice to see BMac involved in a number of key plays. EWright must have played well. Why? I don't think Lee Evans caught a pass?

LB's get caught out of position way too much. Yes, a few good plays from our ILB's, but overall same old story. Gashed for huge runs.

Quinn played like a rookie. Missed a number of passes and threw 2 picks that didn't get caught. Also threw some nice balls. Stayed calm in the pocket the entire game. No happy feet there.

Edwards? What can anyone say. He has a major mental block at this point. Its in his head and he flat out can't catch balls thrown at his body. They need to be off target (high, outside, etc.) for him to focus in. Its hard to watch.

Winslow played well. Caught some key, drive extending passes and contributed on a few running plays. I remain a fan.

Dawson. Game ball obviously. The guy is flat out money. Really gutsy performance by him.

Worth stating again: a win's a win.

Stan, you are dead on the money regarding our run defense.

Why does ANYONE bother to throw the football on this team? Almost any opponent could come in here and rollup 250+ yds/game rushing against our D and have an easy win. I don't even understand how the defense can continue to get WORSE each week? This week, they started giving up plays in the 2nd quarter.

4 years into the 4 year plan, and our rushing defense looks worse than it did at year NEGATIVE 1.

I agree on this post, Stan.

Leon Williams? Worthless. How about some Bell & Orr, RAC? Holy hell. And yes, speaking of, Andra Davis had a hell of a game.

On offense, let Cribbs replace Stallworthless & Sanders replace Edwards <_< . Like you said, it's bad when BE plays his best game of the season and still drops 4-5 gimmes.

And Greythan-

great take on Winslow. I completely agree.

I have never seen a DT get such push as Rogers. Go to a 4-3 and turn this guy loose. Wow he is a beast.

Loved the wheel route to Harrison. Corner route to BE. Two skinny posts to BE. The pass to KW2 to set up the game winner.

Harrison - nuff fooking said.

Jamal runs hard, but the BAL people know what I mean when I say he tip toes too much.

BMac redemmed himself a little but.

Safeties? Do we have any?

LB's. Ugh. They are horrible. Jackson is okay. The rest blow.

Message to E Wright - - it's okay to strip the ball, but lets not use that concept as a tackling strategy. M'kay?

Quinn played okay. 2nd start with tons of blitzing, I thought he hung in the pocket well. How many turnovers? ZERO!

Fire the coaching staff and hire Cowher. Period.

I agree also...here's another take....

Why don't we throw a screen pass every once in a while? Every team we face from here on out is going to blitz up the middle like the Bills did, we need to counter that. Another observation is that we seem to be surprised to play offense after turnovers- why don't we go for the throat and throw a bomb after Wimbley's pick?

Sure feels good to actually stay up late for a win. After that last squib kick, I think all of us thought we'd lose. Let's win our last 3 home games!!!!

I agree on this post, Stan.

Leon Williams? Worthless. How about some Bell & Orr, RAC? Holy hell. And yes, speaking of, Andra Davis had a hell of a game.

On offense, let Cribbs replace Stallworthless & Sanders replace Edwards ;) . Like you said, it's bad when BE plays his best game of the season and still drops 4-5 gimmes.

And Greythan-

great take on Winslow. I completely agree.

Are you kidding???? Hell of a game??? dude made three plays maybe four all-game....the rest he got swallowed up in the abyss never to be seen from again...Atrocious lb play...as my coach used to say...PUTRID!

Are you kidding???? Hell of a game??? dude made three plays maybe four all-game....the rest he got swallowed up in the abyss never to be seen from again...Atrocious lb play...as my coach used to say...PUTRID!

Compared to the 3, 4 plays he's made over the past 20 games, yes, he played a hell of a game.

Guest Masters

Stan, got to give you props. Pretty fair and balanced post there. Considering the recent ones ;)

I could nit pick, but pretty on quick take of the game.

I'd like to add WTF with the play calling. Especially on the last drive. They get to position for the 56 yard field goal, have 1:30 on the clock and 2 TOs left, yet stay in the gun and pass 3 straight downs? Run the ball at least once. Use the PA pass in there, it worked most of the game. That is just dumb. They had time, time outs, and you reduce the amount of time BUF has to drive. Just bad.

Guest Masters
Amen!

It drove me even more nuts when I see the Bills do what? Run the damn ball. Ugh. I don't care if the QB is DA, BQ, or KD, you do not ask the guy to sit in the gun and pass on every down once you got on the other side of the 50 with that much time on the clock. You just don't.

It drove me even more nuts when I see the Bills do what? Run the damn ball. Ugh. I don't care if the QB is DA, BQ, or KD, you do not ask the guy to sit in the gun and pass on every down once you got on the other side of the 50 with that much time on the clock. You just don't.

GREAT post, Masters. Our playcalling there was only saved from "worst ever" by Buffalo's on their final drive.

What's even more baffling and frustrating is that drive would have been the PERFECT time to pound JL, as opposed to the rest of the game when we didn't need to. 2 or 3 yards a carry there would have been perfect.

So, of course, we pass. 3 times.

Ugh.

Archived