THE BROWNS BOARD

We get to quit paying one of our former coaches

bjh2130

Romeo is causing a hoopla in my fridge right now since he has agreed to become the Chiefs defensive coordinator and we can stop paying him.

I didn't know you had access to the teams contracts.

It would be highly unusual for us to be released from our obligations because the guy took another position.

I am not sure you know what you are talking about and fairly confident I do.

I thought most contracts had clauses in them stating that if a coach took another job, his former team would be relieved of it's duties to pay him. Maybe that's not the case when you get fired, though. I don't really know.

But, I did hear something on First Take about this, and they were debating whether or not Romeo should take this job, or sit at home and receive the 8(?) million he was supposed to receive from us for the duration of his contract. The way they were talking, they made it sound that if he were to get a job elsewhere, he would immediately stop getting the money from us. I wasn't paying too much attention, because outside of Jay Crawford I have no loyalties to that show.

I thought most contracts had clauses in them stating that if a coach took another job, his former team would be relieved of it's duties to pay him. Maybe that's not the case when you get fired, though. I don't really know.

But, I did hear something on First Take about this, and they were debating whether or not Romeo should take this job, or sit at home and receive the 18(?) million he was supposed to receive from us for the duration of his contract. The way they were talking, they made it sound that if he were to get a job elsewhere, he would immediately stop getting the money from us. I wasn't paying too much attention, because outside of Jay Crawford I have no loyalties to that show.

that wouldn't make any sense, because then fired head coaches would never take jobs as an assistant right after(who get paid less than the previous contract obviously).

that wouldn't make any sense, because then fired head coaches would never take jobs as an assistant right after(who get paid less than the previous contract obviously).

yes they would, because they love the game. I can get fired and collect unemployment, maybe more for what I could get with another job, doesn't mean I want to sit around and do nothing all day.

The recent hirings of coaches Romeo Crennel and Charlie Weis not only gave the Chiefs coaches with experience, but also left them with a coaching staff that outweighs their defensive line. Most Kansas City fans are unsure about the addition of Crennel, but the localKrispie Kream stores are unanimously in favor of his presence. The local ChineseBuffets have taken a different approach by switching menu's in order to prevent a possible Weis-Crennel buffet perfect storm. When a reporter asked a Chinese buffet owner why the switch, the owner replied, "I can barely serve Godzilla, no serve two." The combination of Weis and Crennel will likely lead to less wins for the Chiefs and a Big Mac famine for Kansas City. Cranes are the only thing that can get these big boys out of the city, good luck.

Taken from http://hotsauceinmybag.blogspot.com/

I thought there was a clause about that to cuz I heard that John Gruden didnt wanna coach this upcoming season cuz then the buccaneers stopped paying him if that was the case and he isnt happy w/ them so he wanted to make them keep paying but idk if its true or not

yes they would, because they love the game. I can get fired and collect unemployment, maybe more for what I could get with another job, doesn't mean I want to sit around and do nothing all day.

That sounds great.

I had a pretty good work ethic, but I wouldn't take a job paying less than unemployment until unemployment ran out.

The whole purpose of unemployment is to give you the opportunity and time to find something better.

To do anything differently is stupid.

I didn't know you had access to the teams contracts.

It would be highly unusual for us to be released from our obligations because the guy took another position.

I am not sure you know what you are talking about and fairly confident I do.

Coach Romeo Crennel signed a two-year contract extension with the Cleveland Browns, his reward for helping turn around a NFL franchise in disarray for most of the past decade.

The 60-year-old Crennel still had two years remaining on the five-year deal he signed in 2005. The extension, believed to be worth about $4 million (2.7 million) per season, takes Crennel through the 2011 season.

So if he accepts this job in Kansas City, Randy Lerner saves about 4 million dollars.

That all depends on what the Chiefs sign him for though. If they sign him to league minimum which is close to 900k a year then we will have to pay him the difference per year so 3.1 (1.8) million. Again they could sign him for more than that though.

I am fairly confident I know what i am talking about also.

Coach Romeo Crennel signed a two-year contract extension with the Cleveland Browns, his reward for helping turn around a NFL franchise in disarray for most of the past decade.

The 60-year-old Crennel still had two years remaining on the five-year deal he signed in 2005. The extension, believed to be worth about $4 million (2.7 million) per season, takes Crennel through the 2011 season.

So if he accepts this job in Kansas City, Randy Lerner saves about 4 million dollars.

That all depends on what the Chiefs sign him for though. If they sign him to league minimum which is close to 900k a year then we will have to pay him the difference per year so 3.1 (1.8) million. Again they could sign him for more than that though.

I am fairly confident I know what i am talking about also.

+1 that's my understanding of the situation- the Browns are still on the hook for his HC salary, minus whatever KC pays him. BTW, I heard somewhere the money RC got for doing those Coors Lite commercials deducted what he got from the Browns too.

KC now known as "the krispy cream chiefs" are going to be hell to deal with after adding weiss and crennel as coordinators both these guys are excellent coordinators just not HC material..randy will still have to pay romeo's difference in pay and rightfully so ,hopefully this has served as a lesson and randy has learned NOT to hire GMs and HCs on his own! ;)

While the Krispy Kreme express will enjoy solid coordinating on both sides of the ball im not so sure that daboll will provide the browns with the same ,it may be a wasted year unless mangini rids himself and us of this somewhat uncreative newbie OC before TC begins..

when you have millions of dollars, I would think that most people would find something better to do than "sit around and do nothing all day".

OK now, if you don't think Romeo and Weis haven't already checked it out, here is a link to send to them for what they really want/need in KCMo:

http://kansascity.about.com/od/restaurants...BBQTopPicks.htm

:lol: I've been to Arthur Bryant's- a long time ago. Interesting place for having a national reputation. A hole in the wall joint in a bad part of town. They just toss your ribs directly on a plastic cafeteria tray. But you should see the stuff hanging on the wall from people who have eaten there- including a couple of presidents.

These guys had better start upping their beef order too. Best KC Steakhouses

I've eaten at the Golden Ox & Hereford House (checking out the best steak joints in town is one of my avocations) and I'll attest to their quality.

:lol: I've been to Arthur Bryant's- a long time ago. Interesting place for having a national reputation. A hole in the wall joint in a bad part of town. They just toss your ribs directly on a plastic cafeteria tray. But you should see the stuff hanging on the wall from people who have eaten there- including a couple of presidents.

These guys had better start upping their beef order too. Best KC Steakhouses

I've eaten at the Golden Ox & Hereford House (checking out the best steak joints in town is one of my avocations) and I'll attest to their quality.

Well, you know it is not totally unlike Hot Sauce Williams here in Cleveland which has a great reputation for barbecue. Even Anthony Bourdain went there when he was in Cleveland.

OK now, if you don't think Romeo and Weis haven't already checked it out, here is a link to send to them for what they really want/need in KCMo:

http://kansascity.about.com/od/restaurants...BBQTopPicks.htm

There you go....I have actually had Oklahoma Joe's ribs....good stuff.

I still think Dreamland in Tuscaloosa or Birmingham, Ala is better, but Joe's is pretty darn good.

http://www.dreamlandbbq.com/

Archived