THE BROWNS BOARD

Uh Oh!

Thaak

From PFT:

Is the NFL ready for another Ryan as head coach?

Rob Ryan hopes so, and he made it clear that he hopes to be considered for the Raiders job if Tom Cable is let go.

"Hell, yeah, I'd have interest," Ryan told USA Today. "I haven't talked to Mr. Davis because he has a coach. Let's see what happens."

The Browns defensive coordinator doesn't lack for confidence. No surprise there.

"I will be a head coach in this league, and I will be damn successful, too. . . . There are a lot of good coaches out there, but there are only so many Ryans."

The words are a small surprise because Ryan seemed eager to leave Oakland a year ago. But he reportedly didn't burn any bridges and even had kind words for JaMarcus Russell a few weeks back.

He must really want that job.

From PFT:

Is the NFL ready for another Ryan as head coach?

Rob Ryan hopes so, and he made it clear that he hopes to be considered for the Raiders job if Tom Cable is let go.

"Hell, yeah, I'd have interest," Ryan told USA Today. "I haven't talked to Mr. Davis because he has a coach. Let's see what happens."

The Browns defensive coordinator doesn't lack for confidence. No surprise there.

"I will be a head coach in this league, and I will be damn successful, too. . . . There are a lot of good coaches out there, but there are only so many Ryans."

The words are a small surprise because Ryan seemed eager to leave Oakland a year ago. But he reportedly didn't burn any bridges and even had kind words for JaMarcus Russell a few weeks back.

He must really want that job.

Wasn't he with the Raiders before coming here? And isn't this jumping the gun? Cable hasn't been fired, has he?

Wasn't he with the Raiders before coming here? And isn't this jumping the gun? Cable hasn't been fired, has he?

Yes, he was D-coordinator over there. He left cause it was a mess. Actually I think Mangini wanted him when he started coaching the Jets, but the Raiders wouldn't let Ryan go.

Ryan may also believe that this would be his best or rather quickest chance to be a Head Coach since Al Davis is insane (dementia?). Because many folks look at stats, I doubt his performance as D-Coordinator for the Raiders and Browns wouldn't endear him as a HC yet. He first needs a well performing unit (ok, stop with all the jokes.)

Yes, it is perhaps jumping the gun, but Ryan was probably responding to a silly media question with the blunt candor he's known for.

Rob Ryan would make an excellent head coach he has that fire that gets players pumped and playin for him ,if cable gets canned i would hope he doesnt throw his career away by being the next one and out coach compliments of crazy al..i like him here..;)

Archived