THE BROWNS BOARD

Browns dismiss two executives...

BrownsBacker85

Cleveland Browns dismiss two top executives

Tony Grossi The Plain Dealer

BEREA, Ohio -- "Mike Keenan and Dawn Aponte, two of the highest-ranking officers of the Browns until the arrival of Mike Holmgren, have left the organization, a league source said.

Keenan joined the Browns in 2006 and was appointed president in 2008. He answered only to owner Randy Lerner and accompanied Lerner during the coaching search that produced Eric Mangini a year ago.

Keenan was demoted to chief financial officer when Holmgren was named president on Jan. 5. Keenan's official biography was removed from the club's Web site on Friday.

Aponte joined the Browns a year ago as vice president of football administration. She was the club's chief contract negotiator and manager of the salary cap. Aponte is expected to join the Miami Dolphins, said the source.

The fate of both executives were sealed when Holmgren named Bryan Wiedmeier executive vice president of business administration on Monday"

New deal for Cribbs??

looks like 'ol "1.4 M in August" just learned an expensive lesson.

and beef jerky i thought the same, she's kinda cute in the pic and i could envision her as a pretty chipper gal...but pics can be deceiving. still, some of these young bucks don't realize what happens when the breeding stock stays twenty-something and we don't...so enjoy the view while it lasts fellas. pretty soon you'll just be viewed as a pervert watching the herd from the hill with the rest of us. B)

so Weidmeier is like a "two-for-one" then? fine by me. let the general council handle the legalities.

Archived