THE BROWNS BOARD

Ratbirds and Cards go home, are sports curses real?

Buck The Frowns

So the Flying Rats are home for the winter, how about that curse of Modell? Tonight Browns fans symbolically share a beer with the laughing ghosts of the 1925 Pottsville Maroons....... :D

Well, we saw how high is up tonight. Yeah, the RatBirds caught some bad breaks, but Manning would have beaten them regardless. One more SB win and he tops Joe Montana as best qb ever.

So the Flying Rats are home for the winter, how about that curse of Modell? Tonight Browns fans symbolically share a beer with the laughing ghosts of the 1925 Pottsville Maroons....... :D

I don't get it. Whats the whole thing with the 1925 Pottsville Maroons? Didn't they become the Lions?

Well, we saw how high is up tonight. Yeah, the RatBirds caught some bad breaks, but Manning would have beaten them regardless. One more SB win and he tops Joe Montana as best qb ever.

Manning is indeed phenomenal, but best ever? He's the best of his time, for sure.

I'd go with Otto Graham, our rival Terry Bradshaw, Johnny U, or Joe Montana as best ever. Certainly Manning is right up there, let's see how the rest of his career pans out.

If there was a curse of Modell, the Ravens would never have won that SB in 2000. No, I think that a team has to go at least like 40-50 years without winning for there to be a real so called "curse". (I don't believe there are any real curses...but you know what I mean in sports parlance.

And here is the deal: If every team in the NFL took turns each year winning a title, each team would win one only once every 32 years. (same in baseball, basketball, hockey where there are like 30 teams each.).

We could eventually end up with any number of teams like the Cubs who go over 100 years without a title.

I don't get it. Whats the whole thing with the 1925 Pottsville Maroons? Didn't they become the Lions?

Here is a link to an article about the 1925 Pottsville Maroons, who believe they are the legitimate champions of the NFL that year, not the Cardinals who were awarded the title. There was definitely funny business going on, and Pottsville has a case, but the NFL won't budge to recognize their claim.

http://articles.mcall.com/2009-01-18/news/...-oldest-brewery

Manning is indeed phenomenal, but best ever? He's the best of his time, for sure.

I'd go with Otto Graham, our rival Terry Bradshaw, Johnny U, or Joe Montana as best ever. Certainly Manning is right up there, let's see how the rest of his career pans out.

Bradshaw? Are you joking?

Archived