THE BROWNS BOARD

Farve

Kosar_For_President

I'll start off the discussion by saying I am a huge Brett Farve fan and congratulate him on an awesome game today. 4TD's, I mean the dude is 40 years old! Through the season dude had a 107.2 QB rating and 33 TD's. I have stated before that if the Browns were no longer (and when they were out of the league), I would be a Packers fan hands down (lived there a while during the Don Majkowski years).

I don't understand why so many people hate this dude, especially Packer fans. I understand the whole situation in Green Bay and New York. But to also understand that he knew he couldn't win on those teams. I think he has earned the right to play where he wants. Many people forget that many other QB's did the same thing at the end of their careers (Montana, Moon's contract holdout, my man Kosar, etc). In my books when the Vikings win the Superbowl, he will go down as the best QB in NFL history.

I'll start off the discussion by saying I am a huge Brett Farve fan and congratulate him on an awesome game today. 4TD's, I mean the dude is 40 years old! Through the season dude had a 107.2 QB rating and 33 TD's. I have stated before that if the Browns were no longer (and when they were out of the league), I would be a Packers fan hands down (lived there a while during the Don Majkowski years).

I don't understand why so many people hate this dude, especially Packer fans. I understand the whole situation in Green Bay and New York. But to also understand that he knew he couldn't win on those teams. I think he has earned the right to play where he wants. Many people forget that many other QB's did the same thing at the end of their careers (Montana, Moon's contract holdout, my man Kosar, etc). In my books when the Vikings win the Superbowl, he will go down as the best QB in NFL history.

Man I was hoping like hell he was going to come to Cleveland last year. The guy belongs in the HOF for sure.

I hope he can take down the aints next week.

I have several friends who are cowboys fans, sucks to be them right now. What is funny is a few years back they divoriced their team.

Did you notice during the game how Farve would walk over to the other QB's and explain to them what and how he accomplished his success on the field. Maybe we could get him as a QB coach if he wants to stay around the game after he goes into another early retirement.

i like him but he has a recent history of choking when it counts

2008:

Jets only need to win 3 out of the last 5 games

they lost 4 out of 5 with Favre 9 INTs to 2 TDs out of playoff by 2 games

2007:

throws an INT vs NY in OT that sets up the GM FG for the Giants winning the playoff game

2004:

throws 4 INTs vs Minnesota to 1 TD and Fumbled once in a playoff game

2003:

yet again Favre losses the game in OT to this time the eagles thanks for another INT in the playoffs

2002:

in the playoffs farve throws 2 INTs, completes less then 50% of his passes, and fumbled twice

2000:

in 2 games threw INTs on potential gam winning drives, those 2 wins wins them the division

1999:

see above exept the 2 wins puts them in the playoffs 1 game away from winning division

i like him but he has a recent history of choking when it counts

2008:

Jets only need to win 3 out of the last 5 games

they lost 4 out of 5 with Favre 9 INTs to 2 TDs out of playoff by 2 games

2007:

throws an INT vs NY in OT that sets up the GM FG for the Giants winning the playoff game

2004:

throws 4 INTs vs Minnesota to 1 TD and Fumbled once in a playoff game

2003:

yet again Favre losses the game in OT to this time the eagles thanks for another INT in the playoffs

2002:

in the playoffs farve throws 2 INTs, completes less then 50% of his passes, and fumbled twice

2000:

in 2 games threw INTs on potential gam winning drives, those 2 wins wins them the division

1999:

see above exept the 2 wins puts them in the playoffs 1 game away from winning division

As for the Jets in 2008, if you look at the scores they gave up something like 120 points in those 5 games and he played hurt. Yea your going to throw 5 picks when you are down 27 points in the 4th quarter. With that being said, I would take all of these mistakes for a ring.

Many of those Packer teams had horrible defenses and he alone carried them on their back for many years.

As for the Jets in 2008, if you look at the scores they gave up something like 120 points in those 5 games and he played hurt. Yea your going to throw 5 picks when you are down 27 points in the 4th quarter. With that being said, I would take all of these mistakes for a ring.

Many of those Packer teams had horrible defenses and he alone carried them on their back for many years.

and why do you think they scored so much? because Farve kept giving the other team the ball leaving his D out to dry

The hate I believe comes from the drama that has surrounded the guy for the last few years. The tearful "I'm retiring" press conferences followed by I'm coming back are just tired and lame.

I'm rooting for the Saints to sack him 8 times next week and send him back into retirement.

I agree with MarkO, people are tired of seeing the "I'm retiring/I'm not retiring" circus.

It has got to be difficult to walk away from playing at the level of football that he enjoys. To see the door closing and he knows he can still do it at least one more year.

If his skill was in decline you could say he was being selfish by continuing to play but have you seen the man play? He has exceptional skill and I hope he goes all the way, he deserves this.

The hate I believe comes from the drama that has surrounded the guy for the last few years. The tearful "I'm retiring" press conferences followed by I'm coming back are just tired and lame.

I'm rooting for the Saints to sack him 8 times next week and send him back into retirement.

+1. I don't know if it's Bret, or the media circus. Just STFU, and play football- or not. I'm retired- I'm not- I'm retired- I'm not.

Based on today's game Farve certainly still has "it". that first TD pass was incredible, and (almost) nothing I like better than to see Jerry Jones and "South America's Team" take a severe ass whuppin' on national TV.

It has got to be difficult to walk away from playing at the level of football that he enjoys. To see the door closing and he knows he can still do it at least one more year.

If his skill was in decline you could say he was being selfish by continuing to play but have you seen the man play? He has exceptional skill and I hope he goes all the way, he deserves this.

I agree wholeheartedly, but it's like having to go to work and hearing the same thing from the same guy year in and year out. You just get tired of it.

I don't hate Favre, I just am getting tired of seeing the drama surround him over retirement every off-season.

1) A man once asked Brett Farve if his real name is "Brett". Brett Farve

did not respond, he simply stared at him until he exploded.

2) Brett Farve recently had the idea to sell his urine as a canned

beverage. We know this beverage as Red Bull.

3) Brett Farve can make a woman climax by simply pointing at her and

saying "booya".

4) Brett Farve does not sleep. He waits.

5) Brett Farve once shot a German plane down with his finger, by

yelling, "Bang!"

6) The chief export of Brett Farve is pain.

7) After much debate, President Truman decided to drop the atomic bomb

on Hiroshima rather than the alternative of sending Brett Farve. His

reasoning? It was more "humane".

Archived