THE BROWNS BOARD

Survey Monday MLK Day

The Gipper

Here is this weeks survey. Give your opinions:

1. OK, it is down to a Final Four: Saints/Jets/Colts/Vikings. Who do you think is gonna win the Super Bowl?

2. What do you think the Browns record will be next year?

3. What current running TV show do you think has "jumped the shark". (i.e. outlived its usefullness)

4. Do you really think that God has punished Haiti for practicing Voodoo by bringing this earthquake down upon them as Pat Robertson claims?

5. If you can recall, what was your all time favorite Super Bowl Commercial?

Bonus: How do you plan on celebrating the Martin Luther King Jr. holiday?

1. OK, it is down to a Final Four: Saints/Jets/Colts/Vikings. Who do you think is gonna win the Super Bowl?

Colts

8-8

3. What current running TV show do you think has "jumped the shark". (i.e. outlived its usefullness)

Survivor

4. Do you really think that God has punished Haiti for practicing Voodoo by bringing this earthquake down upon them as Pat Robertson claims?

No

Polar Bears

Nothing special.

Vikings

10-6

Survivor

Ummm ... are you serious?

The two chicks fighting over the Miller Lite in the fountain or anything GoDaddy. Anything that graphicaly exploited women or boobs in general, actually.

By waiting until tomorrow to go to the bank.

Zombo

Jets vs. Saints....Saints win.

8-8

Family Guy

Uhh no...im an atheist...and thats just f*cked up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M8QZo4mybGA&NR=1&feature=fvwp

By having a day off to remember what he did for our country.

Colts

8 8

Boston Legal

Haiti is being punished by the international community over the decades.

Money pours in without any oversight and dissipates into the corruption.

And the fact that we traded Rocky Colavito.

If there were no Browns involved who cares?

Uh, no. I refuse to take the bait. :P

WSS

Vikings have the O and D.

8-8

Don't really watch TV. They have all pretty much outlived their usefulness.

No

The monkeys running the office.

Eating greens and cornbread

New Orleans

10-6

Survivor

No

Can't recall

Bowling

1. I'm hoping for New Orleans.

2. 9-7

3. I don't really know.

4. Absolutely not.

5. Honestly, I had to look these up. I liked "herding cats" and the Michael Jordan/Larry Bird basketball commercial.

Bonus: I wouldn't call it "celebrating" exactly. I'm finishing all the chores I didn't get done over the weekend.

Colts vs Saint...Colts win (although Favre's Vikings Vs Favre's old Jets would be interesting)

9-7

Survivor

Uh...No! That is just rediculous!

Office Monkeys

Well...I'm at work!

Vikings

9-7

I'll have to wait and see the actual shows, but American Idol reportedly is going to have Ellen DeGeneris as one of the 4 judges. If that's so, and with Simon's pending leaving after this season, American Idol is over.

After the first couple episodes of Chuck with the new Intersect 2.0, its still the same zany Chuck who can do more things after looking like he's taking a really nice crap. Not sure I like season 3 as much.

I'll get back to you as I did not catch the premier of 24 last night, and many other shows have a late 2nd half of the season premier in March.

Huh?! That's ludicrous.

Wow, has to be that commercial of that bland fat guy dancing in his apartment... I think it was a Miller commercial?

I won't, but then I'm not big on celebrating many other holiday's either.

How has Survivor "Jumped the Shark"? Now I know that Gips parenthetically added "outlived its usefulness", but typically Jumping the Shark is a phrase used when a show introduces an element that turns fans off and that moment is when ratings start dropping. Coined from when Fonzi literally jumped a shark on his motorcycle in Happy Days.

I like Survivor, but the last few seasons haven't had a real outstanding personality (usually just weird and strange lately.) Although I really liked Yao Man in both the series hew as in. But this last season, with Russel, it was fantastic.

1. Likelihood of winning- Colts- Vikings- Jets- Saints Pulling for Saints, though.

2. I'll drink the kool-aid 9-7

3. The Simpsons, Survivor is #2.

4. No

5. Thought the geese strafing the new car was pretty funny.

Bonus: I'm working today.

Colts

13-3

American Idol

Who knows? Maybe he allowed bad things to happen to Haiti for their evil ways.

Budweiser frogs

Im working, nothing special.

colts

2. What do you think the Browns record will be next year? 9-7

3. What current running TV show do you think has "jumped the shark". (i.e. outlived its usefullness) dog the bounty hunter

4. Do you really think that God has punished Haiti for practicing Voodoo by bringing this earthquake down upon them as Pat Robertson claims? i'll forgive you for

asking this question if you forgive me for not answering.........psych

5. If you can recall, what was your all time favorite Super Bowl Commercial? the joe namath ads when he was pitching panty hose

Bonus: How do you plan on celebrating the Martin Luther King Jr. holiday? get my rx refilled

Jets

8-8

I don't know.

No

Don't have one.

Doing nothing

Colts

8-8 with drastic improvements on the offensive side of the ball

LOST, that is if it was EVER a good show

No...that's ridiculous

The Budweiser commercial with the frogs....Bud-weis-errrrrrrherherherher

By working

the Favres

12-8

The Simpsons

I was going to say "Well, New Orleans is fine..." then I stopped myself

Always loved this one with the fighter jet birds (also it was funny when nissan's image was an old asian guy and his dog)

Wondering why my work doesn't acknowledge it

Usually I try to be one of the first to answer my own survey, but I am late today, as you will see:

I both wish for the Saints to win, and I think they are the best team and will win.

I go with 8-8

I never watch hardly any sitcoms, doctor shows, or lawyer shows, so to me these all jump the shark as soon as they start, so I will discount them all as not even counting in my world.

I do NOT think Survivor has jumped the shark. It has the same formula as ever, and the ratings are still strong. I do think Idol could suffer if Simon leaves, but the concept of this show still will probably make it #1 in the ratings.

I think CSI: Miami could be wearing a little thin (but not the original Vegas CSI).

I am a little concerned about Heroes. It is one of my favorite shows, but this business with this carnival guy is just a little too obtuse for my taste. As for 24, I thought it jumped the shark a few seasons back, but it may in fact have gotten out of the water and back on solid ground.

Of course I don't. Pat Robertson simply needs a lesson in geology. But that guy does say some of the dumbest things. They should put him into a sequel: He and one of the other bible thumpers on TV who proclaim such things: Dumb and Dumber, the Seminary years.

There was a weird 1984/Metropolis type commercial on many years ago that I thought was strange but good.

By taking my wife to the doctor's office for her broken arm, working some at the office, and making up surveys for the Browns board. But in an hour or so I will be able to proclaim: Free at last, free at last, thank God almighty I'm free at last!

Always loved this one with the fighter jet birds (also it was funny when nissan's image was an old asian guy and his dog)

That's a great commercial. I don't remember it. But what about that one on there with the bouncing boobs? Was that a real commercial?

I suppose I should add in why IMHO Survivor has outlived it's usefulness. OK, it's strategy & skin flick. Make it a real Survivor. Next twist- Survivor Antarctica, Survivor Siberia, Survivor Everest. Last one alive, or who doesn't wimp out wins. "Hey Bill, I'll bet you're going to pass out from hypothermia before I do." "Now just jump into the ocean with icebergs in it- the first one out goes home" .

Gee, Allison froze to death last night, Nickolai fell off the Kangshung Face in an oxygen deprived stupor at Camp Four, and Peter had to be airlifted off the mountain with multiple broken limbs after he fell in a crevasse trying to win the immunity challenge. Toooooo bad.

OK, sometimes I have a sick sense of humor. :)

I suppose I should add in why IMHO Survivor has outlived it's usefulness. OK, it's strategy & skin flick. Make it a real Survivor. Next twist- Survivor Antarctica, Survivor Siberia, Survivor Everest. Last one alive, or who doesn't wimp out wins. "Hey Bill, I'll bet you're going to pass out from hypothermia before I do." "Now just jump into the ocean with icebergs in it- the first one out goes home" .

Gee, Allison froze to death last night, Nickolai fell off the Kangshung Face in an oxygen deprived stupor at Camp Four, and Peter had to be airlifted off the mountain with multiple broken limbs after he fell in a crevasse trying to win the immunity challenge. Toooooo bad.

OK, sometimes I have a sick sense of humor. :)

Well, I don't think they should really put these people in mortal danger, but I do like the idea of putting them in "alternative" type settings rather than just tropical locations. I guess if they don't get put in tropical locations, you can't see some of the young chicks they put on their half naked.

Note though in this last season, they did have that one guy (the black Russell) that looked almost like his lights were going to go out. Probst said that him collapsing was the scariest moment they have ever had in the history of the show.

Archived