THE BROWNS BOARD

McNabb to Cleveland?

DAWGPOUND16

Winning does not come 1st for Mcnabb. I've never seen a guy smile during a loss as much as he does. Again, I'm from Philly and have watched this guy on a weekly basis for like 10 years now. He's not a winner, and is far from a leader on the field. I've never seen a QB call less audibles than Donny. He can't read a defense, and is one of the mose inaccurate passers in the game. We may win LESS games next season with him behind Center.

I have to agree with you on this. Ever since he started vomiting in the Super Bowl and lost the game for his team, I've been watching him pretty closely. I really think he is the most over-rated QB in the league. No other QB in the league wastes as much time yelling at refs, laughing and smiling when the game is lost, dancing after making a play while the game clock ticks down, and fails in big games. That's why I am lobbying for Kolb. I mean, I'll take McNabb considering our current situation here, but I would want him replaced in two years max once the new QB is ready to play. And I don't want to give up too much to get him. I have to believe Heckert won't get jobbed in any deal, especially one involoving a player he knows inside and out. I am willing to deal Rogers for Kolb but not for McNabb, no way. If they'll take Williams and a 3rd round pick, I'll do it. But not for anything more.

I hear that if Favre retires, McNabb is a possibility to be traded to the Vikings to replace him. They run essentially the same offensive system in Minn. as in Philly.

Agreed- if Farve retires, the only place McNabb is going to is Minnesota.

It will be interesting to see what Holmgren decides- if he thinks Quinn isn't "it" (we know DA isn't) I see no point in bringing is a stopgap qb like McNabb, unless MH thinks he sees the next Bret Farve in this draft (I don't).

Agreed- if Farve retires, the only place McNabb is going to is Minnesota.

It will be interesting to see what Holmgren decides- if he thinks Quinn isn't "it" (we know DA isn't) I see no point in bringing is a stopgap qb like McNabb, unless MH thinks he sees the next Bret Farve in this draft (I don't).

I'll have to re-think that- Assuming Warner retires today, put Arizona in the mix.

Archived