THE BROWNS BOARD

Best Division of the Decade

WebsterSlaughter

I believe that the AFC North is the best division of the decade. The AFC North has produced 3 Superbowl teams, and has sent 6 teams to the AFC Championship game during the decade. Every team in the division has made the playoffs at least once in the decade. Further, its the only division that has had two teams from the same division face each other in the Conference Championship game. You thoughts?

You mean division, it's ok. Indy & New England would argue with you on that, but I know what you mean.

Yes, the AFC North has been tough; obviously our hated friends in Pitt & Balt have carried the load. It's amazing what can be accomplished by focusing on defense and a decent running game- you become a contender. Pittsburgh became pass happy this year, and they are sitting at home for the playoffs.

I think Mangini gets that. We were actually competitive in our division this year (Ratbirds beat us up twice). I think Holmgren & Mangini will get the offense on track, shore up some loose defensive parts, and bingo...we are a contender in our divison in 2010. I'm not saying we're going to win the AFC North, but I can see remarkable improvement coming.

new topic: best news conerence of the decade: jim mora sr.'s "playoffs" rant. it's hilarious. best news conference ever.

WHAT? Are you kidding me? News conferences? You're...you're talking about news conferences?

Hello! You talk to tell the story! You talk to tell the story!

new topic: best news conerence of the decade: jim mora sr.'s "playoffs" rant. it's hilarious. best news conference ever.

Funny stuff.

The NFL Network does a "Top 10" of something all the time. Jim Mora's rant was the #1 "coaches rant" of all time. I TIVOed it, really funny to see...I hope you guys all get to see it someday if you haven't already.

Archived