THE BROWNS BOARD

Steelers did not make it to the play-offs

Jibz

A man goes to the Pittsburgh Steelers ticket office and inquires about purchasing play-off tickets. The ticket teller replies that there weren't any tickets for sale because the Steelers did not make it to the play-offs.

The following day the same man goes to the Pittsburgh Steelers ticket office and inquires about purchasing Steelers play-off tickets. The ticket teller politely replies that there weren't any tickets for sale because the Steelers did not make it to the play-offs.

This goes on for an entire week. The man goes to the Steelers ticket office inquiring about play-off tickets and the teller says none are for sale because the Steelers did not make it to the play-offs.

Another week of this goes by and the man still is asking the ticket teller about Steelers play-off tickets. Finally the ticket teller in a loud voice says, “I'VE TOLD YOU FOR THE LAST 2 WEEKS THERE WERE NOT ANY TICKETS AVAILABLE BECAUSE THE STEELERS DID NOT MAKE THE PLAY-OFFS!!!!!”

"I know!” said the guy, “I drive all the way from Cleveland just to keep hearing you say it!"J

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply
A man goes to the Pittsburgh Steelers ticket office and inquires about purchasing play-off tickets. The ticket teller replies that there weren't any tickets for sale because the Steelers did not make it to the play-offs.

The following day the same man goes to the Pittsburgh Steelers ticket office and inquires about purchasing Steelers play-off tickets. The ticket teller politely replies that there weren't any tickets for sale because the Steelers did not make it to the play-offs.

This goes on for an entire week. The man goes to the Steelers ticket office inquiring about play-off tickets and the teller says none are for sale because the Steelers did not make it to the play-offs.

Another week of this goes by and the man still is asking the ticket teller about Steelers play-off tickets. Finally the ticket teller in a loud voice says, “I'VE TOLD YOU FOR THE LAST 2 WEEKS THERE WERE NOT ANY TICKETS AVAILABLE BECAUSE THE STEELERS DID NOT MAKE THE PLAY-OFFS!!!!!”

"I know!” said the guy, “I drive all the way from Cleveland just to keep hearing you say it!"J

lol...I seen this but the Guy was from Baltimore. Enjoy it now.

We will enjoy it for a decade. same place same time next year deja vu. :lol:

LOL....NEVER had a DECADE in Decline before. But Dream on Bro... Oh sorry ... that would be Before we figuered out how to win. Back in the WWII KOrean War And VietNam eras. I forgot you guys are trapped in the "Old Days".

1989 NFL Pittsburgh Steelers* 9 7 0

1988 NFL Pittsburgh Steelers 5 11 0

1987 NFL Pittsburgh Steelers 8 7 0

1986 NFL Pittsburgh Steelers 6 10 0

1985 NFL Pittsburgh Steelers 7 9 0

1984 NFL Pittsburgh Steelers* 9 7 0

1983 NFL Pittsburgh Steelers* 10 6 0

1982 NFL Pittsburgh Steelers* 6 3 0

1981 NFL Pittsburgh Steelers 8 8 0

1980 NFL Pittsburgh Steelers 9 7 0

THREE Losing seasons ....ONE .500 season. So More Winning Records than Losing Records in a Decline decade. No So unbearable (yet we were Miserable) . Like I said you have to go to Ancient History to find those days. And yes they were in abundance. The track record says Pittsburgh has put that well behind them. Yap all you want there are the Numbers.

Lets look at some other "Numbers"

2009 NFL Cleveland Browns 5 11 0

2008 NFL Cleveland Browns 4 12 0

2007 NFL Cleveland Browns 10 6 0

2006 NFL Cleveland Browns 4 12 0

2005 NFL Cleveland Browns 6 10 0

2004 NFL Cleveland Browns 4 12 0

2003 NFL Cleveland Browns 5 11 0

2002 NFL Cleveland Browns* 9 7 0

2001 NFL Cleveland Browns 7 9 0

2000 NFL Cleveland Browns 3 13 0

1999 NFL Cleveland Browns 2 14 0

1995 NFL Cleveland Browns 5 11 0

1994 NFL Cleveland Browns* 11 5 0

1993 NFL Cleveland Browns 7 9 0

1992 NFL Cleveland Browns 7 9 0

1991 NFL Cleveland Browns 6 10 0

1990 NFL Cleveland Browns 3 13 0

What is that Three Winning seasons ? in 17 seasons. You would think you would know what "Decline" is.

I will give you that the Steelers Franchise sucked as the NFL Formed and Grew... but don't expect them to suddenly derail and disappear. If your speaking from "hope" ok ...i understand that. But No Evidence that its some kind of certainty ... You sound stupid.

Lets look at some other "Numbers"

2009 NFL Cleveland Browns 5 11 0

2008 NFL Cleveland Browns 4 12 0

2007 NFL Cleveland Browns 10 6 0

2006 NFL Cleveland Browns 4 12 0

2005 NFL Cleveland Browns 6 10 0

2004 NFL Cleveland Browns 4 12 0

2003 NFL Cleveland Browns 5 11 0

2002 NFL Cleveland Browns* 9 7 0

2001 NFL Cleveland Browns 7 9 0

2000 NFL Cleveland Browns 3 13 0

1999 NFL Cleveland Browns 2 14 0

1995 NFL Cleveland Browns 5 11 0

1994 NFL Cleveland Browns* 11 5 0

1993 NFL Cleveland Browns 7 9 0

1992 NFL Cleveland Browns 7 9 0

1991 NFL Cleveland Browns 6 10 0

1990 NFL Cleveland Browns 3 13 0

What is that Three Winning seasons ? in 17 seasons. You would think you would know what "Decline" is.

I do know what decline, douchebag.

Your squeelers win all the time, isn't it about time that they have a decline? Think about it.

You win so much, the law of averages say you will eventually lose. Rome was the leader of all the countries in europe, and it eventually fell, but it took a long time. Same thing with the Steelers.

None of that counts, like a mentally Retarded person, they have the ability to believe what makes them feel good. It's God's way of looking out for the mentally handicapped.

It counts, but it stings like hell, bitch. What about this past year for the squeelers? Does that count or are you still reeling from that and is mentally blocking it?

I love how these Steeler posers use the team's success as a determining factor of what kind of fans we all are.

It's God's way of reaffirming happiness for people with low self esteem. Hence, the biggest bandwagon bunch in the country. If you live in Ohio and aren't from Pitt in some shape or form, you are a bandwagonning puss by rooting for the Steelers, that's all there is to it.

The fact that we are all still here as fans shows the difference between fan bases, so I wouldn't be bragging about team success too much thinking it makes you better as a fan. If you want us to whine, be miserable and give up it ain't gonna happen, but Katie Bar the Door when this turnaround happens.

Screw the Squeelers and their stupid ass fans, you all reek and don't know football from your asses.

No, he's saying he's a classless ass with the brains and common sense of a worm! Just because his mom made her living on her back he thinks that's normal.

Sorry, I shouldn't have let the vermin cause me to stoop to his level.

Speaking of stooping to a level. How are your mom's knees doing?

It counts, but it stings like hell, bitch. What about this past year for the squeelers? Does that count or are you still reeling from that and is mentally blocking it?

It counts... it

sucked and we will just move on. Wont be that way forever.

I love how these Steeler posers use the team's success as a determining factor of what kind of fans we all are.

It's God's way of reaffirming happiness for people with low self esteem. Hence, the biggest bandwagon bunch in the country. If you live in Ohio and aren't from Pitt in some shape or form, you are a bandwagonning puss by rooting for the Steelers, that's all there is to it.

The fact that we are all still here as fans shows the difference between fan bases, so I wouldn't be bragging about team success too much thinking it makes you better as a fan. If you want us to whine, be miserable and give up it ain't gonna happen, but Katie Bar the Door when this turnaround happens.

Screw the Squeelers and their stupid ass fans, you all reek and don't know football from your asses.

Blaa Blaa Blaa... Bitter Bull S***. Seriously. WHO the Hell started this thread ?? Damn sure wasn't us. So we respond and your babies freakin Cry, Come on Riff. You guys have great fans , Supportive fans. We know that. These responses aint for ALL of you guys. But come on , we had a bad year ( Still 9-7 and sniffing the Playoffs in the last week) But all this BS about a Decade long decline. LOL... I had to respond to that.

I do know what decline, douchebag.

Your squeelers win all the time, isn't it about time that they have a decline? Think about it.

You win so much, the law of averages say you will eventually lose. Rome was the leader of all the countries in europe, and it eventually fell, but it took a long time. Same thing with the Steelers.

You know what ..THAT is a Reasonable response. I cant Argue that. This may not be the Time. But I understand that rational.

And another reason why the steelers may very well be in decline is that half of their players are 30 or more on defense.

Smith , Brett Keisel , Hampton , Farrior , Harrison , Clark. Hampton STILL a Beats ( But can we keep him) Ziggy Looked Ready to Step up in `10. Breet K and Harrison have Limited Mileage on them not too worried there. Farrior ? Still Strong , needs to step off Filed on 3rd downs and Fox ready to roll at LB. Clark will be replaced. Troy and Ike Still have several Good yrs left. We aint done yet. On D. The Offense is stellar... The Line the weak point , but better in `09 and I expect Better yrt in `10. Maybe I am Pie in the Sky, but i normally lean to ward the pessimistic side. I dent feel that way yet. We will see.

Blaa Blaa Blaa... Bitter Bull S***. Seriously. WHO the Hell started this thread ?? Damn sure wasn't us. So we respond and your babies freakin Cry, Come on Riff. You guys have great fans , Supportive fans. We know that. These responses aint for ALL of you guys. But come on , we had a bad year ( Still 9-7 and sniffing the Playoffs in the last week) But all this BS about a Decade long decline. LOL... I had to respond to that.

You guys are going to suck, I can feel it. Big Gay and Polly carry your whole team, and them's the facts.

Your oline is rancid anymore and in need of total revamping. Over half your offensive production isn't designed it is from Big Gay making plays out his ass. It's not a question of if but when he will get seriously hurt and your offense will be invisible.

Polly now has chronic knee issues and without him running around like a banchee you're only slightly above average on defense. The Steelers pass D is very vulnerable to the pass and teams are figuring out how to attack that zone blitz scheme. You guys overrate your players huge. Top to bottom they're not that great and since so many other teams are going 3/4 nowadays you won't be stealing tweener guys like Woodley and Harrison in the draft that you hit on for years.

It's going to happen, you guys have had the luck of God on your side for years and it's coming to an end. You may even start to get some bad calls go against you for once, but usually the Rooney's can fight that off.

Face it Stiller boys, it's coming to an end.

1989 NFL Pittsburgh Steelers* 9 7 0

1988 NFL Pittsburgh Steelers 5 11 0

1987 NFL Pittsburgh Steelers 8 7 0

1986 NFL Pittsburgh Steelers 6 10 0

1985 NFL Pittsburgh Steelers 7 9 0

1984 NFL Pittsburgh Steelers* 9 7 0

1983 NFL Pittsburgh Steelers* 10 6 0

1982 NFL Pittsburgh Steelers* 6 3 0

1981 NFL Pittsburgh Steelers 8 8 0

1980 NFL Pittsburgh Steelers 9 7 0

THREE Losing seasons ....ONE .500 season. So More Winning Records than Losing Records in a Decline decade. No So unbearable (yet we were Miserable) . Like I said you have to go to Ancient History to find those days. And yes they were in abundance. The track record says Pittsburgh has put that well behind them. Yap all you want there are the Numbers.

Oh yea, the steroid steeler era! :rolleyes:

Ya know what, 90% of your posts indicate you are an imbecile with your constant whining and jealousy. And to drive that point home even more you constantly resort to immature name calling and ignorance...............you're the guy who makes Browns fans look like morons!

Stoner you take the cake how cute you are.

Nothing like a stinky little Steeler troll to always pull out the intlelligent/morals card like you do.

You're a hoot.

Ya know what, 90% of your posts indicate you are an imbecile with your constant whining and jealousy. And to drive that point home even more you constantly resort to immature name calling and ignorance...............you're the guy who makes Browns fans look like morons!

This from the 53 year old that "recreated" the "measurement" in his moms basement,then posted it on a Cleveland Browns

message board as undeniable proof that the refs got the call correct!

Yea ...your opinion counts around here

Thanks Quiffer! At least you are low enough to know how to insult someone about intelligence and mis-spell intelligent while doing it.

You're not bad for a snot-nosed punk.

Leave it to Steeler fan to interpret misspellings from typos.

If I called you smart would you feel better about yourself?

Stoner is a really smart, witty and funny guy folks with the morals of a nun. What a........guy?

Archived