THE BROWNS BOARD

No more salary cap?

Westside Steve

One of my main reasons I don't watch or like pro baseball is th general unfair nature of the economics and how they impact fair competition among the franchises.

IF the NFL does not keep this intact I have NO desire to watch a big market team dominate the playoffs every year by outspending other teams. Being a Browns fan is a test of fortitude as it is but to have the situation magnified even worse by economics.

from everything that i've seen people seem to see the loss of the salary cap as only lasting 1 season. which means most teams won't break the bank just to stack their team, because they'll be screwed the following season.

from what i've read its actually an advantage, because it allows teams to cut players without a hit to their salery cap, meaning people can get rid of dead weight.

from everything that i've seen people seem to see the loss of the salary cap as only lasting 1 season. which means most teams won't break the bank just to stack their team, because they'll be screwed the following season.

from what i've read its actually an advantage, because it allows teams to cut players without a hit to their salery cap, meaning people can get rid of dead weight.

The only team that would be likely to and can spend willy nilly in 2010 is the Redskins.

Reason, there is still a rule that the top 8 teams can only try to get free agents if they lose free agents and the other team that would be likely to spend willy nilly is Dallas.

Additionally, and something that I think the players overlooked in the couple years leading up to this point, is that there will also be no salary floor. So teams like the Jaguars, Buccaneers and Bengals can spend bare minimum to suit up a team if they wish.

Archived