THE BROWNS BOARD

Greetings from Saints Board

CantonLegend

hello browns fans. although i live in canton, ive been a life long saints fan. having said that ive always respected the browns for not only being my home team, but having to deal with all the same crap that the saints have had to deal with. Now that my saints have won im here to wish good will to the brownies. With scott fujita and jake delhomme just being named captains you can see how new orleans breeds leadership. i wish all the best to the browns this year. just kick the steelers ass cuz im so tired of hearing it from them. nobody gives a shit about how many championships they have because if it isnt this year it doesnt mean squat

oh yea and all of you are welcome at both of the sites i post at......... blackandgold.com and saintsreport.com

hello browns fans. although i live in canton, ive been a life long saints fan. having said that ive always respected the browns for not only being my home team, but having to deal with all the same crap that the saints have had to deal with. Now that my saints have won im here to wish good will to the brownies. With scott fujita and jake delhomme just being named captains you can see how new orleans breeds leadership. i wish all the best to the browns this year. just kick the steelers ass cuz im so tired of hearing it from them. nobody gives a shit about how many championships they have because if it isnt this year it doesnt mean squat

oh yea and all of you are welcome at both of the sites i post at......... blackandgold.com and saintsreport.com

welcome aboard. i like the saints and enjoy seeing them do well. where are you from in canton? i'm from jackson and teach in plain.

welcome aboard. i like the saints and enjoy seeing them do well. where are you from in canton? i'm from jackson and teach in plain.

i actually graduated from jackson high school which is pretty cool. great place to live. even with all the construction going on DAILY

^^ it's definately "who dat" , "who dey" is the gay version that the bungles ripped off of the saints.

"who dey" is the rip off? I thought it was the other way around?

Either way both are lame as hell.

"who dey" is the rip off? I thought it was the other way around?

Either way both are lame as hell.

OK, we can essentially agree on something there.

I have always been under the assumption that the "who dat" of the Saints came first. However, it is possible that it could be the other way around, as the "Who Dey" version of it came from the fact that when someone would order a Hudepohl beer (brewed in Cincinnati) they would say "Give me a Hu-dey". (I recall doing it myself at times in the 70s) It is even possible that Hudepohl was the beer served in the ballparks in Cinci, either the Reds or Bengals, and that the beer hawkers would yell out "Hu-dey, get your Hu-dey here".

Thus, people took to yelling out "Hu-dey". When the Saints started saying "Who Dat say gonna beat dem Saints" the Bengals fans followed along, using their well established cry for beer and simply extrapolating it to "Who Dey...say gonna beat dem Bengals" or whatever it is they say. Nevertheless "Who Dey" came from the cry for beer.

OK, we can essentially agree on something there.

I have always been under the assumption that the "who dat" of the Saints came first. However, it is possible that it could be the other way around, as the "Who Dey" version of it came from the fact that when someone would order a Hudepohl beer (brewed in Cincinnati) they would say "Give me a Hu-dey". (I recall doing it myself at times in the 70s) It is even possible that Hudepohl was the beer served in the ballparks in Cinci, either the Reds or Bengals, and that the beer hawkers would yell out "Hu-dey, get your Hu-dey here".

Thus, people took to yelling out "Hu-dey". When the Saints started saying "Who Dat say gonna beat dem Saints" the Bengals fans followed along, using their well established cry for beer and simply extrapolating it to "Who Dey...say gonna beat dem Bengals" or whatever it is they say. Nevertheless "Who Dey" came from the cry for beer

the bengals did actually have it first. but i dont know if it even means the same thing or represents something even remotely similar

after all. nobody calls it "who dey nation"

i got a lot of crap when i went to the bengals/saints game a few seasons back........they werent happy when i brought my voodoo doll of houshamazoli

finally, a class act guest to this forum! welcome aboard. saints are now a powerhouse and no longer a joke. love brees, followed him at purdue. sorry about the reggie bush distraction. not for nothing but the guy just oozes dumb. anyways, good luck this season.

welcome to the brownsboard and thanks for the classy post! i have alot of respect for the saints and they're a great nfl story. for them to have been a losing orginization and to turn things around (and win a superbowl) when that area was just coming out of one of the worst natural catastrophes this country has ever witnessed was something great to see.

thanks for stopping by and feel free to post anytime.

Life long Saints fan ...........huh . You mean since they won the big show . lol

Band wagon all the way

new era, why the heck are you attacking the guy??? with all of the damn trolls on this board, you should be glad someone from another fanbase has come here in peace. geez, dude. lighten up, man.

the bengals did actually have it first. but i dont know if it even means the same thing or represents something even remotely similar

after all. nobody calls it "who dey nation"

i got a lot of crap when i went to the bengals/saints game a few seasons back........they werent happy when i brought my voodoo doll of houshamazoli

Well, I don't know about who came first. I note in my research that it seems to be a constant argument.

I DO know that the the call for a "Hudy" was around long before this "Who Dey" thing popped up. How do I know? Because I went to a lot more bars and drank more beer in the 70s than I did in the 80s.

From what I also read the response to "Who dey say gonna beat dem Bengals"....which was "Nobody" came from a local car commercial in Cincy. Can't recall the guys name but he would get on TV and say "Who's gonna give you a better deal on a car?....NOBODY" So, the Cinci cry came from a combination of a beer and a car commercial. Pretty apt for a football thing, fair to say?

Though, I also recall that Bill Cowher gave his own reply to the "Who Day say gonna beat dem Bengals" when he was HC of the Steelers. His response was simply "We Dey". In reality, for many years the response could have been "Everybody instead of Nobody"

exactly! it's a breath of fresh air to have a decent convo with a fan of another team. it's a whole lot better than the alternative!

Have to agree there. It's always nice to talk to other fans from other teams minus all of the childish BS. I also agree with one of previous posts about the Saints winning the Super Bowl as a good story. It gives hope to us Browns fans. My son likes the Saints as a 2nd team. I constantly remind him though of where he lives, and where his loyalties should lie first and foremost! :) But at least they're an NFC team, so I can live with it. He is only 7, but he knows the drill. Root for your hometown first!

Gipper: I did a bit of research myself and it turns out that "Give me a Hu-Dey" originated shortly before Cinci was named "The Queen City" and was code for "homosexual favors". A Cinci man could walk down the street and if he saw a guy he liked he could say "Give me a Hu-Dey" and the guy, if gay, would know what he was referring to.

You can look this up on likipedia.cinci.org

Yea, I bet you often go trolling on that site as well, eh Smoochie? wink wink.

I just thought I would try to give you a run for the money on the "me-me-me bull $hit" meter........Smoochie :lol:

Except none of what I wrote about the "Who Dey" thing was BS. It was really just all straight info, straight data. I didn't make up any of it.

In fact I really did drink Hudepohl on occasion. It wasn't very good. Only a step above Iron City...a small step. But better than Stroh's.

Maybe for my next survey I will have to ask for your favorite and least favorite brands of beer.

Queers Lite is my least favorite

There are several favorites: Bourbon Barrel Stout, Maudite, Nocturnum, Trois Pistoles. If I'm going to drink a million of them I drink Miller Lite.

You're still more full of $hit than a Christmas goose!

I said I was going to ask the question in my next survey, not now! Are all of your ejaculations this premature?

And I do like a goose for Christmas....or at least a Peking duck:

I wish your team "who dat" good luck this year except when they play "why do we still suck" on 10/24...good luck tonight vs those pesky vikings, adrian peterson already guaranteed a viking win i hope the saints strip him of the ball 5 times and force favre to retire now..;)

I'd be interested in getting a Saints fan evauation of Fujita; how his loss will impact your defense and what we can expect. Thanks and good luck with Minny!

IMO Fujita was one of our biggest assetts on defense. he was one of the leaders on the team and he was a great person. I think he would be better at playing ILB in a 3-4 but he can control blockers and rush the passer so i think he'll help on the edge for you guys.

as i said before it was no surprise he was voted captain despite being a first year player. hes considered to be just above average but i feel like his contributions went above and beyond his statistical value

You're funny kid! Losers always hate winners! Win consistently for 40 years and then you can talk.

The Saints will come back to earth this year.......still a fair team but not a contender.

It's funny that your school used a Saints shirt for a dunce cap too!

lol how long did it take the steelers to win their first super bowl? oh yea, the same exact time it took the saints to win their first super bowl. while your team cant manage its own players, my team is involving its whole city. while your team suspends and trades its best players, my team cant hold all the players that want to play there

its funny that tomlin completely changed the formula that helped the steelers for so many years. the saints will compete for the super bowl for the next few seasons while the steelers will be fighting for a .500 season and trying to luck into a wild card spot

Well, I don't know about who came first. I note in my research that it seems to be a constant argument.

I DO know that the the call for a "Hudy" was around long before this "Who Dey" thing popped up. How do I know? Because I went to a lot more bars and drank more beer in the 70s than I did in the 80s.

From what I also read the response to "Who dey say gonna beat dem Bengals"....which was "Nobody" came from a local car commercial in Cincy. Can't recall the guys name but he would get on TV and say "Who's gonna give you a better deal on a car?....NOBODY" So, the Cinci cry came from a combination of a beer and a car commercial. Pretty apt for a football thing, fair to say?

Though, I also recall that Bill Cowher gave his own reply to the "Who Day say gonna beat dem Bengals" when he was HC of the Steelers. His response was simply "We Dey". In reality, for many years the response could have been "Everybody instead of Nobody"

after the saints started getting some attention last season a bunch of bengals fans started complaining about us taking their saying

while the sayings arent the same, it was obvious, and all the information pointed to them having their saying before we had ours

like i said, the saints didnt steal the saying, but the bengals did have it first

Archived