THE BROWNS BOARD

Screwed By The Browns

TopDawg31

I just got notice that my seats are affected by the stadium renovations. They replaced my section 344 with section 505 5 rows from the top. BULL FUCKING SHIT I say FUCK YOU BROWNS I QUIT.

let me know if you want to cut your losses

completely unacceptable, too late to call and bitch, probably a good thing I found out late gives me a chance to cool off before I talk to someone. How the fuck do you go from Mezzanine to sitting on the roof?

I just got notice that my seats are affected by the stadium renovations. They replaced my section 344 with section 505 5 rows from the top. BULL FUCKING SHIT I say FUCK YOU BROWNS I QUIT.

I don't know...You might not have been 5 rows from the top....but you were stuck in a endzone pretty high....looks like you are now more sideline at the 5....not a bad trade IMO.

But....if you liked the seats, I feel for you, but the seats are no more. Just the way it goes I suppose.

completely unacceptable, too late to call and bitch, probably a good thing I found out late gives me a chance to cool off before I talk to someone. How the fuck do you go from Mezzanine to sitting on the roof?

I don't know what you were expecting, but top 20 rows of a endzone seat might sound great to call mezzanine section for marketing puroposes, but they are still top row endzone seats.

Did your PSL value remain the same? You do have PSL's I assume?

I don't know...You might not have been 5 rows from the top....but you were stuck in a endzone pretty high....looks like you are now more sideline at the 5....not a bad trade IMO.

But....if you liked the seats, I feel for you, but the seats are no more. Just the way it goes I suppose.

From my seats you could read the names on the jerseys, Any seats in the 500's are impossible to read jerseys without binoculars. There are 32 rows in the 500's they gave me row 27 as a replacement.

I don't know what you were expecting, but top 20 rows of a endzone seat might sound great to call mezzanine section for marketing puroposes, but they are still top row endzone seats.

still well below the 500 sections

funny part about it though is my row is still in the pictures of the stadium cam, maybe they ran an escalator through my seat.

to give you an idea of my view, I was directly over the browns tunnel and when I looked left I was staring directly into someones loge.

still well below the 500 sections

If is is you made out, you now have better seats. As I read it, you went from chaper seats to better seats.

OK....maybe I am picking......I feel for you man....I understand. But, you knew this was possibly headed your way....call your ticket rep.....maybe you can chip in a few more bucks and get some really good seats

If is is you made out, you now have better seats. As I read it, you went from chaper seats to better seats.

OK....maybe I am picking......I feel for you man....I understand. But, you knew this was possibly headed your way....call your ticket rep.....maybe you can chip in a few more bucks and get some really good seats

I will, If I must I will have to pony up. I want to get closer to the field not further away.

I will, If I must I will have to pony up. I want to get closer to the field not further away.

Check and see if there might not be a lot more choices once the Browns officially know who's not renewing. I think folks have to commit by April 1st.

Yup, Row 27, 500 level is pretty high up. Tell them that was a unilateral move on their part, without consulting your wishes, you're not happy about it- so what can you do to make me happy? I'd suggest lobbying for lower in the end zone if that's your preference, there have to be a few seats open there. It's not like the lower deck between the 25 yard line that is totally accounted for. I will say when the PSLs were initially sold, they had a damn weird idea of what was a "better" seat- apparently they still do- you might mention that also- politely. On initial PSL sale we literally got the last row in the upper deck on the 50. Ballpeen will tell you it's utter BS to say that's a better seat than row 10 on the 10 yard line.

They are adding some seats to the lower bowl in the endzones. As how those are distributed?

Lot's of unknowns, like how long have you had tickets, are they PSL tickets. All of that can factor in to you ability to find different seats.

This link will show you how they selected 505 for you. It's all based on price levels. Unless you pay more i don't see anywhere else they can put you....except, see if you can get to the other side (north) of the stadium, like sect 537. That is the sun side and the worst weather comes out of the north. That south side is in the shade almost the whole game. That works for the opener, but the rest of the season, if there is sun out, you want it.

http://www.getbrownstickets.com/content/seating-pricing

I've been thinking about upgrading seats myself. Right now I'm in section 513. They are actually nice seats IMO, but I wouldn't mind being a bit closer to the field. You do get some sun, but facing the lake you can get the weather right in your face. I don't want endzone seats though. Thanks for the link ballpeen. Moving down into the 300's is obviously the best place, and pricing reflects that. A buddy of mine is in the 340-343 sections (mezzanine level section E). Only a little more than what I pay now, but it is farther into a corner. Looks like I may just stay put!

If you like endzone seats, I can see where you don't want up higher in the 500's. I would think you could move back to endzone seats. Surely there are some available, or if you don't mind paying about $100 more, you could move into that mezzanine section E. Section 343 was right next door to your original seats. But moving in as far as possible, like section 340, would be better IMO.

Actually, if you look at the virtual seating viewer (upper right hand corner to the webpage ballpeen posted a link to), you can find out what sections have seats available. When you go in to view a section, it will say whether it is sold out or you can "buy now". Your original section shows seats available, both lower and upper rows.

Yup, Row 27, 500 level is pretty high up. Tell them that was a unilateral move on their part, without consulting your wishes, you're not happy about it- so what can you do to make me happy? I'd suggest lobbying for lower in the end zone if that's your preference, there have to be a few seats open there. It's not like the lower deck between the 25 yard line that is totally accounted for. I will say when the PSLs were initially sold, they had a damn weird idea of what was a "better" seat- apparently they still do- you might mention that also- politely. On initial PSL sale we literally got the last row in the upper deck on the 50. Ballpeen will tell you it's utter BS to say that's a better seat than row 10 on the 10 yard line.

I can tell you that it's that way at least in Panther Stadium too. I went with my brother when he bought some PSLs last year and they swore that row 29 uppers on the 50 would be better viewing that row 3 on the 20 (which he bought for basically the same price). I guess I get the basic logic, but I'd MUCH rather not hike and have a smaller view.

I do feel for you OP, but I have a strong feeling they'll work with you in some way or another. God bless you all who keep season tickets though, even if I lived in the area I know I wouldn't be spending money on those right now.

I can tell you that it's that way at least in Panther Stadium too. I went with my brother when he bought some PSLs last year and they swore that row 29 uppers on the 50 would be better viewing that row 3 on the 20 (which he bought for basically the same price). I guess I get the basic logic, but I'd MUCH rather not hike and have a smaller view.

I do feel for you OP, but I have a strong feeling they'll work with you in some way or another. God bless you all who keep season tickets though, even if I lived in the area I know I wouldn't be spending money on those right now.

They do that because generally speaking most people put a permium on being centered on the field v at the end of the field. You find that in any stadium site you want to visit. Sections split by the 50 cost more than sections split by the 40, and so on.

There may be some exceptions, but upper deck seats in the last row on the 50 are almost always more expensive than 1st row endzone seats directly placed between the goalposts.

At some point everybody has to make a choice on what they want...unless you are on the first row, on the 50, you start to give up something....yes, I know Larry, you need to be about 12 rows up, but in a perfect world, I am sure you understand my point. :P

They do that because generally speaking most people put a permium on being centered on the field v at the end of the field. You find that in any stadium site you want to visit. Sections split by the 50 cost more than sections split by the 40, and so on.

There may be some exceptions, but upper deck seats in the last row on the 50 are almost always more expensive than 1st row endzone seats directly placed between the goalposts.

At some point everybody has to make a choice on what they want...unless you are on the first row, on the 50, you start to give up something....yes, I know Larry, you need to be about 12 rows up, but in a perfect world, I am sure you understand my point. :P

oh yeah I mean I understand the thinking, I just don't get it personally. I've had the opportunity to sit all around Panthers stadium including high up on the 50's, and at least IMO a lower row upper seat on the 30/20 yard line is objectively better. Oh well, to each their own though. I can't complain because all the ticket costs me to see the panthers is two overpriced beers and staying sober to drive my brother home haha.

I think it's more a prestige thing than anything else Russ. "I got seats on the 50!!!" Too bad they're a mile away. In the lower deck sideline (and to the OP, sorry- that's totally sold out with PSLs unless someone moves or dies and doesn't renew) it's the opposite. You get too low, the field flattens out and you lose perspective. We're currently in Row 9, 100 level, and every year we put in for seat improvement- higher in the 100, no farther from the 50, we've done that 4 seasons now, with no luck. Incidentally, during some of the many blowouts when the stands cleared- we've done extensive seat research. At least from my POV the "Best Seats in the House" outside of Club Level which I don't think are worth the premium- are the last row in the lower deck (25 on the south side). They're under cover, and you can reach up and knock on the floor of the 200 level owner's box. About the same view for a few $100k less. :)

I love sitting on the endzone seats. You can see the plays develop and holes open up for the running backs and kick returns. And you can see the Wr's getting open.The only downside is when they are at the other end of the field. But now with the new scoreboards the picture will be way better.

My seats are in section 149. They are high enough to see the entire field and low enough were I can get from the Southwest gate to my seats in 1 minute. No ramps and about 15 stairs

I think it's more a prestige thing than anything else Russ. "I got seats on the 50!!!" Too bad they're a mile away. In the lower deck sideline (and to the OP, sorry- that's totally sold out with PSLs unless someone moves or dies and doesn't renew) it's the opposite. You get too low, the field flattens out and you lose perspective. We're currently in Row 9, 100 level, and every year we put in for seat improvement- higher in the 100, no farther from the 50, we've done that 4 seasons now, with no luck. Incidentally, during some of the many blowouts when the stands cleared- we've done extensive seat research. At least from my POV the "Best Seats in the House" outside of Club Level which I don't think are worth the premium- are the last row in the lower deck (25 on the south side). They're under cover, and you can reach up and knock on the floor of the 200 level owner's box. About the same view for a few $100k less. :)

I've got 17th row seats on the 5 yard line I would trade for those 9th row if there closer to the 50 lol

I love sitting on the endzone seats. You can see the plays develop and holes open up for the running backs and kick returns. And you can see the Wr's getting open.The only downside is when they are at the other end of the field. But now with the new scoreboards the picture will be way better.

My seats are in section 149. They are high enough to see the entire field and low enough were I can get from the Southwest gate to my seats in 1 minute. No ramps and about 15 stairs

My seats are a pita to get to, not that it's a really big deal unless we're late to a game. I guess with the upcoming improvements that will all change though.

Talk to them. They'll work with you.

Zombo

I did, they told me 6000 seats were displaced. At my current price level 505 was best they could do. People with more seniority got moved in first. I put in for section 127 any row and 532 row 1-5 for relocation. If I'm stuck in the 500's , it might as well be as close as possible.

Archived