THE BROWNS BOARD

Super Bowl (mostly) trivia

The Gipper

Here is a set of trivia questions for you to try your hand at. Mostly Super Bowl type questions, but also a couple from some other current events:

1. We know that the New Orleans Saints are going after their first ever title of any kind. Name the other 7 NFL franchises which have never won a title of any kind in their history.

2. Somewhat related: name the 8 MLB franchises to never win a title in their history.

3. Name the NFL teams whose record in Super Bowls all time is 0-1.

4. Name the NFL teams whose record in Super Bowls all time is 1-0.

Note, for me to give you complete credit for a right answer, I am going to ask that all elements of some of these questions be correct!

5. Who has scored the most TDs in Super Bowl history?

6. OK, so Kobe Bryant has now scored the most points "AS A Laker". But, name the other people who have played for the Lakers who still have more overall career points than Kobe Bryant does.

7. What country has won the most medals in the history of the Winter Olympic Games?

8. Name all the Quarterbacks who have started in 3 or more Super Bowl games.

9. Who has the most rushing yards in his career in Super Bowl games?

10. What are the most points scored by the losing team in a Super Bowl game? (who, when?)

11. What Super Bowl in history matched up the two closest teams geographically?

12. Only 8 states have hosted a Super Bowl game. Name them.

Here is a set of trivia questions for you to try your hand at. Mostly Super Bowl type questions, but also a couple from some other current events:

1. We know that the New Orleans Saints are going after their first ever title of any kind. Name the other 7 NFL franchises which have never won a title of any kind in their history.

titans, texans, jaguars, panthers, seahawks, cardinals, and the bengals.

2. Somewhat related: name the 8 MLB franchises to never win a title in their history.

devils rays, nationals, rockies and i have no idea who else there is

cardinals, seahawks, titans, chargers, falcons, and panthers.

jets, ravens, chiefs, and buccaneers.

Note, for me to give you complete credit for a right answer, I am going to ask that all elements of some of these questions be correct!

lynn swan

6. OK, so Kobe Bryant has now scored the most points "AS A Laker". But, name the other people who have played for the Lakers who still have more overall career points than Kobe Bryant does.

kareem abdul kabar, shaq, and wilt chamberlin

7. What country has won the most medals in the history of the Winter Olympic Games?

germany

warner, brady, montana, bradshaw, kelly, tarkinigton?, and aikman

emmit smith

10. What are the most points scored by the losing team in a Super Bowl game? (who, when?)

jets vs colts in sb 3.

indiana, michigan, florida, louisiana, arizona, new york, georgia, and texas.

Texans, Panthers, Jaguars, Bengals, Titans, Seahawks, Vikings

Mariners, Rays, Nationals, Rockies,Padres, Brewers, Astros, Rangers

Cardinals, Seahawks, Panthers, Titans

Jets, Ravens

Jerry Rice

Kareem, Malone, Wilt

Norway

Griese, Bradshaw, Tarkenton, Montana, Aikman, Brady, Elway

Emmit Smith

Carolina Panthers 2004

Bears/Colts (second guess is Patriots/Eagles, but I think chi-indy is closer)

Florida, Texas, Arizona, California, Minnesota, Michigan, Georgia, Indiana

Now that I look at Andy's answers, I forgot about the Buccaneers being 1-0, but he is wrong about the Chiefs, they lost one.

I forgot about Shaq.

I forgot about Jim Kelly starting three or more SBs.

And jets/colts could be closer than Bears/Colts, good call..

1. Bengals, Titans, Panthers, Bills, Falcons, Seahawks, Az Cards

2. Padres, Rockies, Astros, Brewers, Devil Rays, Mariners, Rangers, Nationals

3. Titans, Seahawks, Chargers, Panthers, Falcons, Cards

4. Ravens, Jets, Bucs

5. Emmit Smith

6. Shaq, Wilt, West, Lew Alcindor

7. Norway

8. Griese, Staubach, Tarkenton, Bradshaw, Montana, Elway, Kelly, Aikman, Brady,

9. Franco Harris

10. 31, Cowboys, SB XIII

11. Super Bowl III

12. California, Fla, LA, TX, Mi, Minny, GA, AZ

Yosemite also got 7 completely correct answers.

If I replace "Indiana" with "Louisianna" that should give me eight right.

How could I forget about New Orleans? Indy was just a guess, and a wrong one, but I'm surprised they didn't go there since they went to Detroit and Minnesota. I hope they don't though, cause I don't like the Super Bowl in domes OR Northern cities.

They should just rotate it between Miami, Tampa, New Orleans, Phoenix and San Diego. Those are Super Bowl cities.

Zombo

If I replace "Indiana" with "Louisianna" that should give me eight right.

How could I forget about New Orleans? Indy was just a guess, and a wrong one, but I'm surprised they didn't go there since they went to Detroit and Minnesota. I hope they don't though, cause I don't like the Super Bowl in domes OR Northern cities.

They should just rotate it between Miami, Tampa, New Orleans, Phoenix and San Diego. Those are Super Bowl cities.

Zombo

I dunno, how many times should I give a person for "makeup" answers? Alex Trebek is merciless with his buzzer, should I be?

alright, whatever....i'll just wait until you post the "correct" answers....ain't no way in hell i only got 7 correct...this is an outrage

Well you missed on Karl Malone, he played for the Lakers and has more points than Kobe.

Can you find your other two mistakes?

The Gipper can...

Zombo

Yosemite, I will only give you this insight to one of your errors: Q#1 asks which franchises have never won a title of any kind. FYI, the Cardinals have won a couple of NFL titles in Chicago, and the Titans, as the Oilers in Houston won 2 AFL titles.

Yeah, get rid of the Cardinals and Titans and add the Vikings and Jaguars.

Now add Karl Malone and get rid of Jerry West

You should be at nine...

Zombo

Actually, upon further review I must take a point away from Zombo. I misread one of his answers that was wrong that I gave him credit for. Sorry about that Chief.

Yeah I figured. I just want to get Yosemite his ten before he shoots someone.

Zombo

Yosemite, I will only give you this insight to one of your errors: Q#1 asks which franchises have never won a title of any kind. FYI, the Cardinals have won a couple of NFL titles in Chicago, and the Titans, as the Oilers in Houston won 2 AFL titles.

I am NOT incorrect in stating that the TENNESSEETitans and the ARIZONACardinals have never won a title of any kind. Your interpretation of franchise was not fully explained in the original question. Henceforth, i demand that i be given for credit for a correct answer. Don't tread on Yosemite.

Can't wait until you reveal the other correct answers.

alright, whatever....i'll just wait until you post the "correct" answers....ain't no way in hell i only got 7 correct...this is an outrage

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

What would a half wit who "LISTENS" to a written post know about rational thinking?? Take another hit and try it again fuzz nutz.

I am NOT incorrect in stating that the TENNESSEETitans and the ARIZONACardinals have never won a title of any kind. Your interpretation of franchise was not fully explained in the original question. Henceforth, i demand that i be given for credit for a correct answer. Don't tread on Yosemite.

I'm sure Gipper's interpretation of franchise is the same interpretation that the NFL uses. The one that clearly states the Arizona Cardinals' franchise history back to 1920, and the Tennessee Titans' franchise history back to 1960.

Don't believe me? Read 'em and weep:

http://www.nflteamhistory.com/nfl_teams/ar...se_history.html

http://www.nflteamhistory.com/nfl_teams/te...se_history.html

And boom goes the dynamite. You mess with the bull, you get the horns.

What would a half wit who "LISTENS" to a written post know about rational thinking?? Take another hit and try it again fuzz nutz.

I was actually just quoting Billy Madison because I'm currently watching it, and I thought that quote fit the parameters of the situation quite perfectly.

After you remove your head from your ass, you should probably check that movie out. It's pretty good.

I know that sometimes these franchises play musical chairs and that is why I keep a compilation of championships won '"by city". Nevertheless, the NFL considers the Cardinals going from Chicago to St. Louis to Phoenix to Arizona to be one succesive franchise. Same for the Colts going from B-more to Indy. Same for the Tits going from Houston to Memphis to Nashville (remember, they played a year or 2 in Memphis). The Rams can galavant from Cleveland to LA to St. Louis.

That is the meritorious thing about the retention of the Browns franchise here when Modell tried to move them. He was ultimately told he could move, but the franchise stays. That worked out fine ultimately. Baltimore should have had its own franchise with its own identity all things considered (even if they were sneaking, lying, cheating, stealing bastards).

Given that explanation, your request/demand, is denied. If you don't stop bellyaching I will call in Bugs Bunny to frustrate you.

I know that sometimes these franchises play musical chairs and that is why I keep a compilation of championships won '"by city". Nevertheless, the NFL considers the Cardinals going from Chicago to St. Louis to Phoenix to Arizona to be one succesive franchise. Same for the Colts going from B-more to Indy. Same for the Tits going from Houston to Memphis to Nashville (remember, they played a year or 2 in Memphis). The Rams can galavant from Cleveland to LA to St. Louis.

That is the meritorious thing about the retention of the Browns franchise here when Modell tried to move them. He was ultimately told he could move, but the franchise stays. That worked out fine ultimately. Baltimore should have had its own franchise with its own identity all things considered (even if they were sneaking, lying, cheating, stealing bastards).

Given that explanation, your request/demand, is denied. If you don't stop bellyaching I will call in Bugs Bunny to frustrate you.

Ha, you said Tits.

Never underestimate my immaturity.

I was actually just quoting Billy Madison because I'm currently watching it, and I thought that quote fit the parameters of the situation quite perfectly.

After you remove your head from your ass, you should probably check that movie out. It's pretty good.

FYI, i have been checking out "Superbad" lately. there is a character in the flick call 'mcluvin'. something tells me that you two share a lot of similarities.

alright. that's my effing lesson for the day. let's move on to the next question.

FYI, i have been checking out "Superbad" lately. there is a character in the flick call 'mcluvin'. something tells me that you two share a lot of similarities.

Is it because I remind you of a guy who has sex with an insanely hot girl while I tell her stories about my Hawaiian escapades, only to be fake-arrested by badass cops who like hanging out with me? Or is it because I remind you of a guy who shoots up police cars in an abandoned parking lot until they explode whilst the aforementioned badass police officers cheer me on?

Or is it just because I remind you of a 17 year old who earns more in two hours than you do in a year's time?

Because I'm fine with being that guy.

Archived