THE BROWNS BOARD

Would WR Demaryius Thomas Help the Browns?

nfldraft2010

Mohammad Massaquoi impressed, but Brian Robiskie was extremely disappointing as a rookie. Thomas is the most physically gifted receiver in the draft, and has a chance to eventually be an Andre Johnson or Calvin Johnson type player in the NFL. Even though the Browns spent two second round picks on receivers last year, it might be hard to pass him up if he's still available in the second round.

See for yourself:

http://www.pressboxonline.com/blog.cfm?ID=2015

Really guys draft a reciever? nooooooooooooooo... why to much time worring about Wide f u cking Reciever

Free Agency is the only place to get a reciever, whomever has to be the best one on our team and a draft pick will only set back the other two guys.

Brandon Marshall is the ticket here. He is the guy you expected Edwards to be.

Spend the money why are we always so stingy with checkbook? Jerry Jones needs a guy he goes and gets one of best active in the game via trade or free agency.

You need to build a team not develope one. You can't strip a team like you did and build from the draft nobody does that. oh wait the f u cking cowboys what 2 decades ago, different era.

You are literally too stupid to insult.

Thomas is very raw, but he's got impressive physical tools. Not sure he's got great speed, even though he was an excellent vertical threat at GTech.

The Combine will very important for him.

That drop at the end of the Georgia game killed me.

Really guys draft a reciever? nooooooooooooooo... why to much time worring about Wide f u cking Reciever

Free Agency is the only place to get a reciever, whomever has to be the best one on our team and a draft pick will only set back the other two guys.

Brandon Marshall is the ticket here. He is the guy you expected Edwards to be.

Spend the money why are we always so stingy with checkbook? Jerry Jones needs a guy he goes and gets one of best active in the game via trade or free agency.

You need to build a team not develope one. You can't strip a team like you did and build from the draft nobody does that. oh wait the f u cking cowboys what 2 decades ago, different era.

Ya that worked out great for the Cowboys. Roy Williams floundered while Miles Austin, who they developed on their team through the draft, went on to be their #1 receiver.

And you are aware that the two super bowl teams with the best offenses in the league had starting receivers that were drafted, not signed via FA

Thomas is very raw, but he's got impressive physical tools. Not sure he's got great speed, even though he was an excellent vertical threat at GTech.

Very true. He's raw, but I don't question his speed as much as some other people do. I actually think his speed is underrated, and he has a chance to be a very effective vertical threat in the NFL. It wouldn't surprise me at all if he ran in the 4.45 range at the combine. Like you said though, he's very raw, and needs a lot of work as a route runner.

Very true. He's raw, but I don't question his speed as much as some other people do. I actually think his speed is underrated, and he has a chance to be a very effective vertical threat in the NFL. It wouldn't surprise me at all if he ran in the 4.45 range at the combine. Like you said though, he's very raw, and needs a lot of work as a route runner.

Getting in under 4.5 would be a big win for him. I'm not sure many of the big receivers in this draft (Bryant, Benn, LaFell) will manage to do that.

After watching the hilight real, he looks like a 2nd or 3rd rounder, unless he decides to run a 4.2 40 in the combine, I would like to see what his shuttle speed is. You dont run straight lines in the NFL and he wont beable to push off to get seperation from defenders like he was able to do in college.

The receiver in this class who deserves a mechanical nickname is Missouri wideout Danario Alexander. After multiple ACL injuries, the 6'5" receiver moves like a robot. Once he builds up speed, he's pretty impressive, but he can't get separation when facing press coverage.

Some think he could be the next Marques Colston, but I'm not sure he'll ever be more than a slot receiver/red zone target.

Mohammad Massaquoi impressed, but Brian Robiskie was extremely disappointing as a rookie. Thomas is the most physically gifted receiver in the draft, and has a chance to eventually be an Andre Johnson or Calvin Johnson type player in the NFL. Even though the Browns spent two second round picks on receivers last year, it might be hard to pass him up if he's still available in the second round.

See for yourself:

http://www.pressboxonline.com/blog.cfm?ID=2015

Until you get a consistant,accurate QB drafting a WR in round 2 makes no sense.There are more pressing needs,CB,S,OT,OLB,QB,OG,RB.

Thanks for the video Alo! This kid runs some really good routes, has good size and fights for the ball in traffic. Aside from that - the commentator announced that receivers that CAN'T block at Georgia tech don't get onto the field. Simultaneously with the comment - Thomas lays a nice block on the Georgia corner #3.

The drop against Georgia was a forgettable moment so when it was replayed 3 times - it made it a little tougher to forget. Keep in mind that guys like Brandon Marshall and Terrell Owens have dropped quite a few passes in recent years.

Good stuff. This kid might be a good pick for someone in round 2 or 3.

- Tom F.

I had this kid in my mock, getting him in the fourth round. With a great combine, he is long gone by the fourth round....

" BROWNS FOURTH ROUND PICK

BPA I think, who could easily start as #1 wr eventually.

This guy is a huge steal here, well, if he IS here:

Demaryius Thomas* WR 6'3" 229 Georgia Tech "

Demaryius Thomas hurt??

Training for the combine has seemingly taken its toll on a top player today as several sources on the scene have told us Georgia Tech receiver Demaryius Thomas severely hurt his foot while practicing the three cone drill. It looks as though Thomas has broken a bone in his foot. The big receiver, who is training in Scottsdale, Arizona, has been tearing it up recently. Sources have told us after weighing in at 220-pounds Thomas had been timed as fast as 4.38-seconds in the forty. This afternoon Thomas was scene on crutches. We will have more on this story as it breaks.

Archived