THE BROWNS BOARD

LT Released by Chargers

WebsterSlaughter

LT was a phenomenal RB, he could have maybe one or two more good years, but I don't think we should go after him.

Great RB, great guy, hell of an athlete. It wouldn't be the worst thing in the world to get him, if we could get him for cheap. But there's plenty of teams that actually want him, so it won't happen.

Great RB, great guy, hell of an athlete. It wouldn't be the worst thing in the world to get him, if we could get him for cheap. But there's plenty of teams that actually want him, so it won't happen.

If Harrison hadn't shown the explosiveness he did the last 4 - 5 games, I'd say get LT as a stop-gap for a couple years, I think Harrison can break out under this coaching staff.

Someone is gonna overpay for him this off-season and I don't think he's worth the money at this stage in his career.

If Harrison hadn't shown the explosiveness he did the last 4 - 5 games, I'd say get LT as a stop-gap for a couple years, I think Harrison can break out under this coaching staff.

Someone is gonna overpay for him this off-season and I don't think he's worth the money at this stage in his career.

I don't think Harrison is the answer by any means. I think people are looking into those last couple of games too heavily. But I do agree, LT won't come cheap, and he won't be worth whatever anybody pays him.

Great career. Best back of the decade. But once a running back hits the wall ... forget it.

Zombo

yeah nothing like goin gaga over over the hill Lewis and over the hill..............whatever his name was before............in the brain dead Sewage ERA.............but we have hope now

I don't think Harrison is the answer by any means. I think people are looking into those last couple of games too heavily. But I do agree, LT won't come cheap, and he won't be worth whatever anybody pays him.

by any means? Seriously?

Every time, no matter which year its been, that he's gotten more than 8 touches in a game, he's done very well. And even with limited touches, is career yard per carry average is pretty damn good.

I saw someone come up with some stats, that even in his 286 yard day, he only averaged like 2.2 yards per carry except for his several long runs.

Well when Jamal Lewis ran for 295 yards against the Browns, we had held him to like 35 yards rushing and a pedestrian 3 yards per carry until he started cutting back on us because of the over-pursuit.

Barry Sanders had a similar type stat progression.

Harrison is a long ball hitter. He will grind out tough yards, then hit the home run.

He's proven it in every start he's ever had.

So to tell me he doesn't deserve at least a look see in 2010 is ludicrous.

yeah nothing like goin gaga over over the hill Lewis and over the hill..............whatever his name was before............in the brain dead Sewage ERA.............but we have hope now

Yes Rich- for once we agree. Tomlinson would be Jamal Lewis redux. Get maybe one good year out of him, and then it's off to retirement- and Canton.

by any means? Seriously?

Every time, no matter which year its been, that he's gotten more than 8 touches in a game, he's done very well. And even with limited touches, is career yard per carry average is pretty damn good.

I saw someone come up with some stats, that even in his 286 yard day, he only averaged like 2.2 yards per carry except for his several long runs.

Well when Jamal Lewis ran for 295 yards against the Browns, we had held him to like 35 yards rushing and a pedestrian 3 yards per carry until he started cutting back on us because of the over-pursuit.

Barry Sanders had a similar type stat progression.

Harrison is a long ball hitter. He will grind out tough yards, then hit the home run.

He's proven it in every start he's ever had.

So to tell me he doesn't deserve at least a look see in 2010 is ludicrous.

When he carried the ball more than 8 times a game. Since 2006, that's been a grand total of 9 times. He's had 9 games since being drafted where he's gotten 8 or more touches a game. He's been out of games more often than he's been in them for this, that, and the other. He's hard a hard time staying on the active roster for us since he's gotten here, no coach seemed to want to give him the time of day. Although, nobody could really say why. Let's look at those 7 games in 2009 where he got 8 or more touches.

He started the season off with a bang, getting 16 carries against Baltimore for 52 yards. Not a bad start, I guess. He follows that game up with a 29 carry performance tallying 129 yards. Way to go, Jerome. You were the bright spot of that game, for sure. It was around this time I honestly believed he could be a viable NFL starting RB. Then he goes into Buffalo, and gets a grand total of 21 yards on 8 carries. Okay, the weather was terrible, and it ended up being a 6-3 barnburner. Whatever. At least his performance was better than DA's. Then he falls off the radar for 7 weeks. Chalk it up to whatever you want, fact of the matter is that he wasn't playing for some reason. Just like his previous 3 seasons. He returns against San Diego, touching the ball 10 times and getting 35 yards. Not a bad game, all in all. San Diego has a pretty tough defense. Then disappears against Pittsburgh, a team that had no answer for Chris Jennings. He returns against KC and rushes for an astounding 286 yards on 34 carries. Unprecedented, even against a terrible defense such as Kansas City's. Now boarding- the Jerome Harrison bandwagon. He follows this performance up by gouging Oakland for 148 yards on 39 carries. It's been so long since we've had a 100 yard rusher in back to back games! Let's forget the fact that it was against the cellar-dwelling Raiders, at home. Let's also forget that he managed to get 148 yards on over half of the offensive plays. It's fine, good job Jerome. Last game of the season. He burns the Jaguars for 127 yards on 33 carries. Now, the Jags aren't necessarily the strongest run defenders around. As a matter of fact, they're close to the bottom of the list. But,

back to back to back 100 yard games! It's unheard of in Cleveland. It's around this time everybody starts worshipping the ground Jerome walks on.

Now, keep in mind we're completely disregarding his 2 carries against Denver for 8 yards, his 3 carries for 7 yards against Green Bay, his 5 carries for 19 yards against Chicago, his 2 carries for 3 yards against Cincinatti, and his 7 carries for 9 yards against Pittsburgh. A Pittsburgh team that didn't have an answer for Chris Jennings, mind you. But those games don't count, because he didn't touch the ball more than 8 times. If he had touched the ball more than 8 times, watch out. Things would have been completely different. For those keeping track at home, that's a grand total of 20 carries for 46 yards. Through 5 games.

Remember, this is all 2009. His best statistical year. His best.

So, to answer your question- yes, I do think he should be given a shot in 2010. But I'm not worshipping the ground he stands on, like some people are. Nor am I trying to skew the data by throwing pointless qualifiers around.

Fact of the matter is, Jerome Harrison has been in Cleveland for 4 years, and has only 4 good games to his name. And 3 of them came against terrible defenses on cellar-dwelling teams that had not even an outside shot at making the playoffs. Not to mention he was shut down by a team that had trouble shutting down his practice squad replacement. The same team that lost to 2 of the aforementioned cellar-dwelling teams.

I wouldn't mind if he were traded. It's probably the best value we'll get from him. I want the guy to do well, I really do. I harbor no ill-will toward him at all. I'm just looking at the facts, and insofar he's proven nothing to me. I'm actually more excited to see what James Davis can do that Jerome can.

Yes Rich- for once we agree. Tomlinson would be Jamal Lewis redux. Get maybe one good year out of him, and then it's off to retirement- and Canton.

I don't really see a problem in going that route. If we really want another RB and it is not expected that this other RB is to be the stud RB to give us 25-30 runs a game, but rather a 10-12 rush guy per game, then LDT would perhaps not be that bad a choice....at the right price.

(but yea, I can see that he would want to go to a team that is considered to be more "in contention".

You hear it here first: Tomlinson plays for the Houston Texans this year.

Nahhh, I say it's with someone that's closer to championship status than the texans.

Jets

Green bay

Philly

Maybe New england.

I could really see Lt wearing the dark green Philly jersey with the blacked out visor.

Nahhh, I say it's with someone that's closer to championship status than the texans.

Jets

Green bay

Philly

Maybe New england.

I could really see Lt wearing the dark green Philly jersey with the blacked out visor.

What makes you think the Texans are "close to Championship" status. In 2008, the New Orleans Saints were 8-8, then won the SB. In 2009, the Texans were 9-7. In a sense, you could say the Texans are closer to "championship status" now than the Saints were last year.

Fair to say?

I ain't rooting for the DumbAssTexans or anything, but I am saying that that team is put together pretty decently, and we have had any number of teams go from 8-8 or 9-7 to SB champ. Perhaps I will document it in another thread.

What makes you think the Texans are "close to Championship" status. In 2008, the New Orleans Saints were 8-8, then won the SB. In 2009, the Texans were 9-7. In a sense, you could say the Texans are closer to "championship status" now than the Saints were last year.

Fair to say?

I think you meant to say are "not" close, but I am just going by my gut on this one.

If you take a poll on the teams I listed vs the texans on who has a better chance at seeing the S.B. next year I am willing to bet the texans are at the bottom of the list.

A dark horse no doubt but....c'mon.

I think you meant to say are "not" close, but I am just going by my gut on this one.

If you take a poll on the teams I listed vs the texans on who has a better chance at seeing the S.B. next year I am willing to bet the texans are at the bottom of the list.

A dark horse no doubt but....c'mon.

See my other thread if you haven't already.

WhenI wouldn't mind if he were traded. It's probably the best value we'll get from him. I want the guy to do well, I really do. I harbor no ill-will toward him at all. I'm just looking at the facts, and insofar he's proven nothing to me. I'm actually more excited to see what James Davis can do that Jerome can.

first games under this new regime, we had no running gane. zero. zilch. a couple of young guys get hurt. towards the end of the year we have a guy step up. big. the team cuts the ol'battleaxe which leaves us with what? jerome and a couple of guys who have played squadoosh because of injuries. so we should trade jerome? are you freaking out of your mind? just think what he could do with a right side of the oline? there are so many holes to fill on this team and i'm thinking right now the rb position isn't one of them. draft the corner or the safety first then shore up both lines. receiver and qb are needed more than rb at this point. LT was great but that's the life of a nfl rb. now he'll go to some team and get beat up for two years and realize he should have quit now. and as far as james davis is concerned: i think we all want to see what he can do, it's just kinda tough when he's sittin' on the bench all the time.

first games under this new regime, we had no running gane. zero. zilch. a couple of young guys get hurt. towards the end of the year we have a guy step up. big. the team cuts the ol'battleaxe which leaves us with what? jerome and a couple of guys who have played squadoosh because of injuries. so we should trade jerome? are you freaking out of your mind? just think what he could do with a right side of the oline? there are so many holes to fill on this team and i'm thinking right now the rb position isn't one of them. draft the corner or the safety first then shore up both lines. receiver and qb are needed more than rb at this point. LT was great but that's the life of a nfl rb. now he'll go to some team and get beat up for two years and realize he should have quit now. and as far as james davis is concerned: i think we all want to see what he can do, it's just kinda tough when he's sittin' on the bench all the time.

That's all well and good. But what happened the last three years? What happened against Pittsburgh? What happened against San Diego? What happened against Cincinatti? He's struggled against teams with good run defense, and exploited teams with bad run defense when he gets the ball 30+ times. I didn't say I want to trade him, I just said I wouldn't mind it. We'll have this conversation again at the end of next season, when he hasn't become the stud RB everyone expected.

And in James Davis' case: there's a difference between sitting on the bench, and being placed on IR. Don't try to make it sound like he wasn't playing through any fault of his own.

you've got to understand that the emphasis in the running game was jamal lewis. alot of us were screaming to go with the younger legs, but to no avail. i'm not saying jerome is the only answer, but give the guys we've already got a chance before bringing in another jamal, which in my opinion, would set the young guys back even further. i would have like to have seen the browns run the ball with jerome against the strong defenses you mentioned the way the oline finally came together at the end of the year. you'd probably be looking at better stats. i don't care who your running back is, it could be LT or JB, you won't succeed.

When he carried the ball more than 8 times a game. Since 2006, that's been a grand total of 9 times. He's had 9 games since being drafted where he's gotten 8 or more touches a game. He's been out of games more often than he's been in them for this, that, and the other. He's hard a hard time staying on the active roster for us since he's gotten here, no coach seemed to want to give him the time of day. Although, nobody could really say why. Let's look at those 7 games in 2009 where he got 8 or more touches.

He started the season off with a bang, getting 16 carries against Baltimore for 52 yards. Not a bad start, I guess. He follows that game up with a 29 carry performance tallying 129 yards. Way to go, Jerome. You were the bright spot of that game, for sure. It was around this time I honestly believed he could be a viable NFL starting RB. Then he goes into Buffalo, and gets a grand total of 21 yards on 8 carries. Okay, the weather was terrible, and it ended up being a 6-3 barnburner. Whatever. At least his performance was better than DA's. Then he falls off the radar for 7 weeks. Chalk it up to whatever you want, fact of the matter is that he wasn't playing for some reason. Just like his previous 3 seasons. He returns against San Diego, touching the ball 10 times and getting 35 yards. Not a bad game, all in all. San Diego has a pretty tough defense. Then disappears against Pittsburgh, a team that had no answer for Chris Jennings. He returns against KC and rushes for an astounding 286 yards on 34 carries. Unprecedented, even against a terrible defense such as Kansas City's. Now boarding- the Jerome Harrison bandwagon. He follows this performance up by gouging Oakland for 148 yards on 39 carries. It's been so long since we've had a 100 yard rusher in back to back games! Let's forget the fact that it was against the cellar-dwelling Raiders, at home. Let's also forget that he managed to get 148 yards on over half of the offensive plays. It's fine, good job Jerome. Last game of the season. He burns the Jaguars for 127 yards on 33 carries. Now, the Jags aren't necessarily the strongest run defenders around. As a matter of fact, they're close to the bottom of the list. But,

back to back to back 100 yard games! It's unheard of in Cleveland. It's around this time everybody starts worshipping the ground Jerome walks on.

Now, keep in mind we're completely disregarding his 2 carries against Denver for 8 yards, his 3 carries for 7 yards against Green Bay, his 5 carries for 19 yards against Chicago, his 2 carries for 3 yards against Cincinatti, and his 7 carries for 9 yards against Pittsburgh. A Pittsburgh team that didn't have an answer for Chris Jennings, mind you. But those games don't count, because he didn't touch the ball more than 8 times. If he had touched the ball more than 8 times, watch out. Things would have been completely different. For those keeping track at home, that's a grand total of 20 carries for 46 yards. Through 5 games.

Remember, this is all 2009. His best statistical year. His best.

So, to answer your question- yes, I do think he should be given a shot in 2010. But I'm not worshipping the ground he stands on, like some people are. Nor am I trying to skew the data by throwing pointless qualifiers around.

Fact of the matter is, Jerome Harrison has been in Cleveland for 4 years, and has only 4 good games to his name. And 3 of them came against terrible defenses on cellar-dwelling teams that had not even an outside shot at making the playoffs. Not to mention he was shut down by a team that had trouble shutting down his practice squad replacement. The same team that lost to 2 of the aforementioned cellar-dwelling teams.

I wouldn't mind if he were traded. It's probably the best value we'll get from him. I want the guy to do well, I really do. I harbor no ill-will toward him at all. I'm just looking at the facts, and insofar he's proven nothing to me. I'm actually more excited to see what James Davis can do that Jerome can.

Hmm… so that must mean that when Peterson or Tomlinson run for squadoosh against good Defenses, that they aren’t worth anything?

And anytime he ran less than 12 times, and he was averaging 2 to 3 yards per carry, you can’t count those days. Because he was either used as a 3rd down back, and ran on 3rd down for short yardage (as in, he only needed 1 to 3, so the play is set up to get 1 to 3) or on 3rd and long, which means he’s running out of the shot-gun and probably not getting a whole lot there either.

You can look at them as qualifications, but you HAVE to look at situations when using situational stats to serve your own opinions.

And how can you justify him getting 3 carries, one of which was for 12 yards, not playing any further that game, and then saying he sucks cause he only got 3 carries?

Now of course I’d like to see him for an entire season before I crown him the best rusher the Browns have or could get.

But lets give him the chance. He’s earned it based on his product on the field when he gets his chances.

you've got to understand that the emphasis in the running game was jamal lewis. alot of us were screaming to go with the younger legs, but to no avail. i'm not saying jerome is the only answer, but give the guys we've already got a chance before bringing in another jamal, which in my opinion, would set the young guys back even further. i would have like to have seen the browns run the ball with jerome against the strong defenses you mentioned the way the oline finally came together at the end of the year. you'd probably be looking at better stats. i don't care who your running back is, it could be LT or JB, you won't succeed.

I understand how much we relied on J.Lew. I get that. What I'm trying to say is JH didn't do much with the chances he was given. And, furthermore, there's been stretches of time under both regimes when he just wouldn't suit up for unsaid reasons.

I think you're misunderstanding me. I don't want us to bring in LT. I mean, if we could get him for cheap-cheap, then I wouldn't be opposed. But that will never happen, he's going to want way too much money. And wherever he goes, he won't be worth what he's being paid. The only thing I'm doing is trying to ground some of these die-hard Jerome fans. I'm only trying to point out that, outside of Jerome's last three games, he's done absolutely nothing for us. I would like to see what he has in him in 2010, but I also wouldn't rule out trading him if we get something we need out of the deal.

Hmm… so that must mean that when Peterson or Tomlinson run for squadoosh against good Defenses, that they aren’t worth anything?

And anytime he ran less than 12 times, and he was averaging 2 to 3 yards per carry, you can’t count those days. Because he was either used as a 3rd down back, and ran on 3rd down for short yardage (as in, he only needed 1 to 3, so the play is set up to get 1 to 3) or on 3rd and long, which means he’s running out of the shot-gun and probably not getting a whole lot there either.

You can look at them as qualifications, but you HAVE to look at situations when using situational stats to serve your own opinions.

And how can you justify him getting 3 carries, one of which was for 12 yards, not playing any further that game, and then saying he sucks cause he only got 3 carries?

Now of course I’d like to see him for an entire season before I crown him the best rusher the Browns have or could get.

But lets give him the chance. He’s earned it based on his product on the field when he gets his chances.

No, when Peterson or Tomlinson run for "squadoosh" against good defenses, they are still premiere runningbacks. You want to know why? Because they proved at some point in their career they could run against good defenses. They proved they can carry the load. JH hasn't. He's been off and on his entire career, with the majority of the time being "off".

And I'm looking at the game logs, not picking and choosing which statistics to use. If he ran less than 12 times, no matter the reason, he wasn't getting the job done. Do you think coaches say "Oh, AP. We're only using you for short yardage today. You'll get less than 12 carries, and virtually no yards." No, they don't do that. No coach does that. A viable runningback will never be used for just short yardage, never.

I'm not using situational stats to serve my purpose. You are. I simply went with the criteria you provided, and presented the stats. All of the stats. Not just the games where he touched the ball more than 8 times. I'm looking at the games where he touched the ball, and did nothing with it. Which, essentially, were the games against fair-to-good run defenses.

I'll justify him getting 3 carries, one of which for 12 yards, because he did just that. He got 3 carries, and that was it. He was sat in favor of another runningback. It's not like our air game took away from his carries. A stud RB doesn't get 3 carries a game on a team that has the worst passing offense in the NFL.

I want to see what he does in 2010, nobody understands this. I'm just not praising him or worshipping the ground he walks on. And if he gets traded, so be it. I hope we get something good from the deal.

No, when Peterson or Tomlinson run for "squadoosh" against good defenses, they are still premiere runningbacks. You want to know why? Because they proved at some point in their career they could run against good defenses. They proved they can carry the load. JH hasn't. He's been off and on his entire career, with the majority of the time being "off".

And I'm looking at the game logs, not picking and choosing which statistics to use. If he ran less than 12 times, no matter the reason, he wasn't getting the job done. Do you think coaches say "Oh, AP. We're only using you for short yardage today. You'll get less than 12 carries, and virtually no yards." No, they don't do that. No coach does that. A viable runningback will never be used for just short yardage, never.

I'm not using situational stats to serve my purpose. You are. I simply went with the criteria you provided, and presented the stats. All of the stats. Not just the games where he touched the ball more than 8 times. I'm looking at the games where he touched the ball, and did nothing with it. Which, essentially, were the games against fair-to-good run defenses.

I'll justify him getting 3 carries, one of which for 12 yards, because he did just that. He got 3 carries, and that was it. He was sat in favor of another runningback. It's not like our air game took away from his carries. A stud RB doesn't get 3 carries a game on a team that has the worst passing offense in the NFL.

I want to see what he does in 2010, nobody understands this. I'm just not praising him or worshipping the ground he walks on. And if he gets traded, so be it. I hope we get something good from the deal.

Sure you are using situational stats to serve your purpose.

Or, you really haven’t watched the games that Jerome has played in. To tell me that he hasn’t done anything other than 3 or 4 games his entire career is laughable.

It has been shocking, downright frustrating, and incomprehensible that Harrison would get a touch in the 1st drive of the 1st quarter of a game, bang off 7 or 9 yards, and then not see the field, let alone the ball, until midway through the 4th quarter when the Browns are in passing (gotta try and catch-up) mode.

Also, in those games where his rushing yardage wasn’t spectacular, did you look at his receiving yardage? I’d venture that 80 to 100 all-purpose yards is pretty good, even if his rushing wasn’t spectacular.

Sure you are using situational stats to serve your purpose.

Or, you really haven’t watched the games that Jerome has played in. To tell me that he hasn’t done anything other than 3 or 4 games his entire career is laughable.

It has been shocking, downright frustrating, and incomprehensible that Harrison would get a touch in the 1st drive of the 1st quarter of a game, bang off 7 or 9 yards, and then not see the field, let alone the ball, until midway through the 4th quarter when the Browns are in passing (gotta try and catch-up) mode.

Also, in those games where his rushing yardage wasn’t spectacular, did you look at his receiving yardage? I’d venture that 80 to 100 all-purpose yards is pretty good, even if his rushing wasn’t spectacular.

The only situational stats I'm using are the stats in which he played in a game and touched the ball 1 or more times. That's hardly situational, they are just stats. The term situational stats is just a weak way of saying "I'd like to skew the data in my favor, so here we go". And believe me, I've watched every game. Maybe not through rose-coloured glasses, like yourself, but I've watched. I've seen Harrison perform like a decent RB for a drive or two. Then we get in trouble, give him the ball, and he does nothing. Then he goes off the map for a quarter or two, he reappears in the fourth and does nothing again because it's too late. You think, if he were such a premier RB, the coaches would have relied on him a little more.

And I'm not doubting his receiving yardage. He's a great receiving RB, he's got great hands. But he just hasn't carried the load as an everydown RB, except for the last three games. Which, as I will point out time and time again, were against bed defenses on cellar-dwelling teams.

I'm not a JH hater, this is just ridiculous. We're probably the only fan base that would proclaim this guy a god, just because of what we've gone through the last 20 years.

I think you make excellent points and are being fair and objective.

Look, I like Jerome too but I still don't believe he is a feature back. I would like to see him, Jennings, and Davis share time. Maybe 25 for Davis and 15 for Jerome per game. But I really think that Jerome's greatest value to this team is on the trade block. Jennings can fill the role of Harrison plus he doesn't fumble and he is cheaper. Harrison will never have higher trade value than he does right now and I think Mangini will want to make a play for Leon Washington this offseason. Why not deal Harrison while his stock is high? You'll get another pick or two and bring in a proven RB. Granted he is coming off of a pretty significant injury, but he is proven. And he may come cheaper because of said injury. Plus, Harrison seems like he wants to go elsewhere. I think he's from Texas right? Well, the Texans are in need of a RB and they may want to save some cap space in this years draft. All hypothetical, again, but it sounds good to me.

The only situational stats I'm using are the stats in which he played in a game and touched the ball 1 or more times. That's hardly situational, they are just stats. The term situational stats is just a weak way of saying "I'd like to skew the data in my favor, so here we go". And believe me, I've watched every game. Maybe not through rose-coloured glasses, like yourself, but I've watched. I've seen Harrison perform like a decent RB for a drive or two. Then we get in trouble, give him the ball, and he does nothing. Then he goes off the map for a quarter or two, he reappears in the fourth and does nothing again because it's too late. You think, if he were such a premier RB, the coaches would have relied on him a little more.

And I'm not doubting his receiving yardage. He's a great receiving RB, he's got great hands. But he just hasn't carried the load as an everydown RB, except for the last three games. Which, as I will point out time and time again, were against bed defenses on cellar-dwelling teams.

I'm not a JH hater, this is just ridiculous. We're probably the only fan base that would proclaim this guy a god, just because of what we've gone through the last 20 years.

Where have you seen me declare Harrison a god, or spew something even remotely indicating that I’m viewing him with rose-colored glasses?

Just because I like Harrison, and I want to see how he will do, does not mean that I think he’s Peterson or Tomlinson, or even Jones or Benson. But he could be given an entire season as a starter.

We won’t know unless he’s given the chance, and I think he’s earned the chance.

It would be ludicrously stupid to trade him for a bunch of guys who are even more “what-have-we-really-got” than Harrison is.

I think you make excellent points and are being fair and objective.

Look, I like Jerome too but I still don't believe he is a feature back. I would like to see him, Jennings, and Davis share time. Maybe 25 for Davis and 15 for Jerome per game. But I really think that Jerome's greatest value to this team is on the trade block. Jennings can fill the role of Harrison plus he doesn't fumble and he is cheaper. Harrison will never have higher trade value than he does right now and I think Mangini will want to make a play for Leon Washington this offseason. Why not deal Harrison while his stock is high? You'll get another pick or two and bring in a proven RB. Granted he is coming off of a pretty significant injury, but he is proven. And he may come cheaper because of said injury. Plus, Harrison seems like he wants to go elsewhere. I think he's from Texas right? Well, the Texans are in need of a RB and they may want to save some cap space in this years draft. All hypothetical, again, but it sounds good to me.

ridiculous. jerome has shown more than jennings or davis. what do you have some type of college fascination with these guys? trade him for leon washington? you'll basically be getting back the same person. why get rid of someone that we drafted and groomed and is finally showing us something for another whatif? he's young and hungry. let all these young guys get some. bring in someone who's already gotten beat down for 3 years and then gets paid? no. too many "i just got paid, ain't doin' shit now" horror stories.

Archived