THE BROWNS BOARD

Running Backs for Sunday?

velvetdawg

With Harrison and Jason Wright both sitting out practice due to injuries (as well as FB Vickers), who backs up Lewis on Sunday in the event that these guys are unable to play?

Thoughts?

Cribbs?

I think Harrison plays tho.

No offense to the guy, but i think we need to replace Jason Wright. He is supposed to be our 3rd down back, but I saw him whiff on some blocks he should have made. Plus he takes playing time away from Ghost. I never got the point in having him. Why not just put Ali(when Vick is healthy) back there to block, or else whats the point in him on the roster?

BTW, Wright is the best I have ever seen at getting one yard short on third downs. Seems every time Jason Wright runs the ball, we have 4th and 1.

With Harrison and Jason Wright both sitting out practice due to injuries (as well as FB Vickers), who backs up Lewis on Sunday in the event that these guys are unable to play?

Thoughts?

Geez, I was hoping Lewis would be doing the backing up. It's amazing how all his 2 yard runs became much longer gains when someone else carried the ball. I saw one 2 yard run where Lewis must have made 25 Travolta 2 steps. On the replay, there was elusive daylight from some good blocking. He looks washed up all of a sudden. I don't seen any resemblance to last year at all.

This is one of those TOUGH decisions that we as a fanbase rely on from our brass. I FEEL like we're being held hostage to the salary commitment in this one. Isn't that the type of thing that put Butch Davis back in college?

- Tom F.

hamstring pulls can be tricky! my son came back to soon and ending up pulling it from the bone. and to this day it still haunts him. he is 21 and stopped playing at BW because of it.

Yep, that's a nasty hammy, but luckily it is uncommon.

Geez, I was hoping Lewis would be doing the backing up. It's amazing how all his 2 yard runs became much longer gains when someone else carried the ball. I saw one 2 yard run where Lewis must have made 25 Travolta 2 steps. On the replay, there was elusive daylight from some good blocking. He looks washed up all of a sudden. I don't seen any resemblance to last year at all.

This is one of those TOUGH decisions that we as a fanbase rely on from our brass. I FEEL like we're being held hostage to the salary commitment in this one. Isn't that the type of thing that put Butch Davis back in college?

- Tom F.

Yeah, but unlike QB, its widely accepted to mix backs in, for now at least. So, lets worry about the big salary after the season and mix in some J Harrison!

Archived