THE BROWNS BOARD

Browns getting very active, Fujita,Walters,Clark,Banan

HaydenFox

Heard that shit. xxxx, we need TALENT on this team and have money wtf is the holdup?

i guess the line at cc's buffet is longer than we thought. holmgren and mangini are waiting for the third round of twice-fried onion rings to come out. maybe if we send them a cab and some wet naps we could get something done. come on.

Thanks HaydenFox! I am guessing we wouldn't get off with just swapping picks, to me that would be too easy of a deal to make, since there probably won't be an immediate impact player for us at #7 (I did say probably, and it is the draft, anything can happen, but I doubt a player like Berry is still available). We could still fill a need and find a starter with good potential at #24. McNabb may not be the long term answer but he is a good short term solution! It would certainly allow more time to draft and/or develope a young franchise QB.

At 24 we could get Taylor Mays.

Fujita is another potential 30+ year old walking carcass that wants to play hard in camp and win the start all battered up only to be overpaid to ride the pine with an injury 3 games into the season...we need to avoid these zombies if at all possible..

Fujita leaves the Saints

Posted by Mike Florio on March 7, 2010 5:02 PM ET

The Bayou buzzkill officially has begun.

On the same day that word emerged of linebacker Scott Fujita's decision to donate half of his 2009 playoff earnings to New Orleans charities, Tony Grossi of the Cleveland Plain Dealer reports that Fujita has signed with the Browns.

Fujita has started at outside linebacker for the Saints since 2006. Grossi notes that, in Cleveland, Fujita possibly could move to one of the two inside positions in the team's 3-4 defense.

The eight-year veteran also has played for the Chiefs and the Cowboys.

Fujita is another potential 30+ year old walking carcass that wants to play hard in camp and win the start all battered up only to be overpaid to ride the pine with an injury 3 games into the season..we need to avoid these zombies if at all possible.

uh what the hell are you talking about?

he's only missed 8 regular season games in 9 years

its not like he's always injured

he also had over 80 tackles every year except 1

players on the team who can say that:

a big fat ZERO

so once again what in the hell do you honestly think your talking about?

uh what the hell are you talking about?

he's only missed 8 regular season games in 9 years

its not like he's always injured

he also had over 80 tackles every year except 1

players on the team who can say that:

a big fat ZERO

so once again what in the hell do you honestly think your talking about?

I think what he was referring to is Fujita and his injury issues last year. GOAT you make some good points, but why do you have to be so abrasive about it! People would take your comments much more serious if presented in a little different manner.

I think what he was referring to is Fujita and his injury issues last year. GOAT you make some good points, but why do you have to be so abrasive about it! People would take your comments much more serious if presented in a little different manner.

why do people make comments without doing the slightest bit of re-search? it took me a whole 30 seconds to google Scott Fujita ESPN and get all that info

Browns sign Fujita, Pashos

The Cleveland Browns today signed linebacker Scott Fujita and offensive lineman Tony Pashos to multi-year contracts as unrestricted free agents, the team announced. Fujita, an eight-year veteran, spent the past four seasons with the New Orleans Saints. Pashos, a veteran of seven NFL seasons, spent last year with the San Francisco 49ers.

"We are extremely happy that we were able to get Scott and Tony signed so quickly," said Browns General Manager Tom Heckert. "They are two players we had targeted from the start of free agency. Both are smart, tough and physical - the type of players that the Browns are looking for.

"Scott possesses tremendous size for a linebacker, and this will allow him to play inside or outside in our 3-4 defense. He has been a starter throughout his career, has been exposed to several different defensive schemes and has been successful in all of them. He is a great leader and played a big part in the success that the Saints achieved last year.

"We like the fact that Tony has started a lot of games in this league, and has been a part of some productive offenses with Baltimore and Jacksonville. Although he's started at right tackle, he has the versatility to play inside as well, and he will come in and compete at both tackle and guard with us."

The 6-5, 250-pound Fujita entered the league as a fifth-round draft choice of Kansas City in 2002. During his career, he has played with the Chiefs (2002-04), Dallas (2005) and the Saints (2006-09). He has appeared in 120 regular season games with 103 starts and has amassed 801 tackles, 19 sacks, five interceptions, 22 passes defensed, nine forced fumbles and three fumble recoveries. He has started a minimum of eight contests in each of his eight seasons, and has opened all 16 on three occasions (2003-04, 2006). He also has started each of the six playoff games in which he has played during his career, including all three in the Saints' postseason run to the Super Bowl XLIV title this past year. With New Orleans, Fujita served as a defensive captain in both 2007 and 2008.

Originally a walk-on safety at the University of California, Fujita went on to start 24 of the 39 games in which he played at linebacker during his four-year career for the Golden Bears (1998-2001), recording 124 tackles and seven sacks. He graduated with a degree in political science and went on to earn his master's in education. Born April 28, 1979, Fujita was a standout in football and basketball at Rio Mesa (Calif.) High School.

The 29-year-old Pashos originally was a fifth-round draft choice of Baltimore in 2003. He has spent four years with the Ravens (2003-06), two with Jacksonville (2007-08) and one with the 49ers (2009). During that time he has played in 74 games with 55 starts, all at right tackle. Over a three-year period from 2006-08, he started all 47 games in which he played. This includes 16 with the Ravens in 2006 and the Jaguars in 2008, and 15 for Jacksonville in 2007. In 2006, he was part of a Ravens line that allowed only 17 sacks, the second-lowest total in the NFL that year, while running back Jamal Lewis rushed for 1,132 yards. In 2007, he was a member of a Jaguars line which led a running game that averaged 149.4 yards per contest, the second-best figure in the league, led by a 1,202-yard rushing effort by Fred Taylor, who averaged 5.4 yards per carry. In 2008, Jacksonville averaged 4.2 yards per rush attempt as both Maurice Jones-Drew (824) and Taylor (556) surpassed the 500-yard rushing plateau.

The 6-6, 325-pound Pashos was a four-year letterman at Illinois (1999-2002) where he started 47 games at right tackle and was a first-team All-Big Ten selection as both a junior and senior. He graduated with a degree in history and a minor in political science. Born August 3, 1980, he attended Lockport (Ill.) High School, where he earned a total of nine varsity letters, including four in football, three in track and two in powerlifting.

good moves, more S.A.T. players. apparently that's what they've been quietly up to this past week. besides, caution>haste.

so Fujita, Bowens, D'Q J, Barton, Maiava?!? alright!

if there is any truth to swapping etc and getting McNabb i'm all for it. targeting DB's early gives them options should they not like Haden or Berry as much as the fan-base does and if either/both are off the board so i like hearing those rumors too.

**EDIT** it does make you wonder why a successful and versatile LB, just coming off a recent SB win--arguably at the pinnacle of his career--would sign a multi-year deal with CLE and decide to essentially finish his career there. 1) Mangini's street cred must not be so bad after all. 2)Scott Fajita must see what we see. 3)? none of the above?

he certainly signed fast and didn't seem to entertain many other offers. could go either way.

I guessing Fajita likes an element of a blue collar type of town and the concepts Mangini goes with as a coach. Oh and the big bucket of money never hurts.....

Seems like he should be sucessful and is very much a Ryan kind of guy.

i think you nailed it Bo'B. the Saints, due to rules imposed for winning the SB, may have been in a corner and forced to let him go. faced with a decision of having to find a new home Fajita may have liked what he saw/heard in CLE and just got it done, blue-collar style. or maybe even who he saw in CLE.

it could even be as simple as Rob Ryan is here. he's really smart and he knows football, maybe that's a lot of it...or he could like playing in a 3-4.

maybe he was watching the Cribbs situation and liked the way this new FO has handled players. he could like some of our blue-collar guys like Thomas, Steiny, Roth and Costanzo and who wouldn't want to have Cribbs as a teammate.

i'd say it's a given he likes the direction Mangini is taking the team in and he must not mind cold weather much either. one more tough SOB to set the tone of the team. A+

Im not impressed with either of our signings so far and Clark would be another one id be pretty disapointed in.

I believe Clark said he wanted to be one of the highest paid safteys in the NFL and I really dont believe he deserves it. He is an older saftey with limited range and I dont think he would be any better then Elam.

Pashos was decent with the Jags but they had a good Oline around him. I think we over paid.

Fujita has never played in a 3-4 but is a pretty underrated 4-3 LBer. This is one signing that has potential but I would have rather addressed it in the draft.

Im not impressed with either of our signings so far and Clark would be another one id be pretty disapointed in.

I believe Clark said he wanted to be one of the highest paid safteys in the NFL and I really dont believe he deserves it. He is an older saftey with limited range and I dont think he would be any better then Elam.

Pashos was decent with the Jags but they had a good Oline around him. I think we over paid.

Fujita has never played in a 3-4 but is a pretty underrated 4-3 LBer. This is one signing that has potential but I would have rather addressed it in the draft.

Bottom line is Good luck Buying a Football team. Additions via free Agency are nice but NOT what will make Cleveland Relevant in the NFL. Use those Draft picks Wisely ... THAT is the KEY.

Bottom line is Good luck Buying a Football team. Additions via free Agency are nice but NOT what will make Cleveland Relevant in the NFL. Use those Draft picks Wisely ... THAT is the KEY.

Holy $hit you talk football?

I thought your sole purpose on here was to defend your boyfriend of his rape charge.

Anyway I think we have learned to be more frugal with our draft pics from the last regime.

Big splash with no waves.

Holy $hit you talk football?

I thought your sole purpose on here was to defend your boyfriend of his rape charge.

Anyway I think we have learned to be more frugal with our draft pics from the last regime.

Big splash with no waves.

i'll be one browns' fan that has freaksofsteel"s back. i think the guy comes on this forum as a steeler fan without any predispositions on people's askewed points of view and does his best to keep the chatter to what he/we know best. afc north football. sure there are the little trolls that fly overhead once in a while and try to lay down some ground fire, but 95% of the time they are way off the mark. and in what i can decipher from alot of freekofsteel's posts he truly cares about the cleveland/pittsburgh rivalry and the power it could have going forward. when i first got into the nfl in the early seventies there was really nothing that matched the browns steelers hate fest. now you've got the whole nfc east cock-blocking everyone as the afc north has faded into obscuriy. hey man i hope ben get's through this dumb shit, and learns a life-long lesson from it. when we match up against you guys next year i want it to be full-strength no excuse football.

Archived