THE BROWNS BOARD

DA has been cut!!!!

PlaygroundLegend

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Looks like in the big battle, just as many people said it would be

Brady Quinn, for the win!!!

better hurry back over to BH before the rest of the gang thinks you defected on them.

oh but thanks so much for stopping by to gloat, we were really beginning to miss you!

No doubt. DA was good in '07, but let's not deify the guy. He still had plenty of substandard games that season. Oakland, Arizona, and the second Cincy game come to mind.

The fact remains that DA is just a tremendously inaccurate passer who has a tendency to try and force the issue with a lot of his downfield throws. He will get a look from a lot of teams and sign with one rather quickly, but he's never going to match the numbers he had in '07.

I don't get all the over-the-top Quinn hating on here, either. It's hard to look good with little experience and receivers that aren't complete NFL players. Massaquoi and Robiskie were rookies, Stuckey came over mid-season, and we all know how bad the TE position was. Not to mention he had a rookie OC. It's really too bad he got hurt in KC, because against Detroit and San Diego he had some good showings. After that, the Browns' running game just dominated, allowing the offense to thrive on the ground.

At worst, his grade is an incomplete. Barring any other major changes, he's the starter next year.

Wallace will be used as part of our WildDawg package with Cribbs.

while i noticed a lot of absolutes in your post, what i wanted to respond to were your examples of DA's substandard games. and i guess by some definitions they were. it's a slippery slope and i'm not trying to defend the guy as much as trying to keep it honest, well from my perspective at least.

as i remember the Oakland game it was a nail-biter. on back to back kicks (redo via T/O called) as time expired Dawson's second kick was miraculously blocked, costing the Browns the win...i believe they would have won because first off 40 yards is a chip shot for Dawson. secondly since he split the uprights with authority on the first kick as they called the time out we have every reason to believe he'd make the second as well, successful snap/hold willing.

didn't seem like DA cost us anything in that game to me.

this is grasping at straws but Arizona was a good enough team to lose to the cheats in the Superbowl the following year.

had Kellen Winslow gotten his inside leg down we'd have won that game. when DA made that throw i thought no friggin way, and then K2 caught it and promptly got pushed out of bounds. with the outside foot planted just inbounds, i've never been able to figure out why Kellen chose to lift his inside leg and touch his foot to his ass as he secured the ball when he simply could have put his foot on the ground and won the game. too much happening at once while being pushed i guess. still a rookie mistake that cost the game imo.

Chud's desire not to run in 50 mph wind gusts in Cincy2 EVEN AFTER seeing the Bengals adjust and shut down their passing game makes a person wonder what he was thinking about that day. it's certainly added a few pages to this board.

this is not a free pass by any means but a gunslinger trying to carry his team from behind can only go two ways. and well, it didn't go one way.

these losses stung because they were winnable and winning any one of them would have guaranteed us a playoff berth>>>for the first time in a very long time. are you sure we don't resent Derek just a little bit more due to this?

in my mind, he almost got us there. not the other way around.

and what would a farewell DA thread be without one more parting Quinn jab for the road? i think Horseballs would have wanted it that way.

don't worry i'll go easy, "because against Detroit and San Diego he had some good showings". B)

later Derek. you were fun to root for.

now who's the next underdog and/or patsy?

Archived