THE BROWNS BOARD

DA Lover LOVES HIM SOME BQ!!!

WPB Dawg Fan

That's right....BQ is converting DA backer Chris Mortenson!

Majeed: What's so special about Brady Quinn that you are still bringing up his name when it comes to Miami not drafting him?

SportsNation Chris Mortensen: Browns fans will tell you that I am very high on Derek Anderson and opposed his benching. But after listening to all the critics during that pre-draft analysis of Quinn, I have seen enough from Quinn in practice, preseason and these two starts to see that he is going to be an absolute star in the NFL. I'm not just faulting the Dolphins - I'm saying a lot of teams blew it on Quinn. He prepares like Peyton Manning. Physically, he's big, strong & athletic. I can tell he knows how to play fast. His arm is actually stronger than advertised. His leadership is champion-like. You don't pass on QBs like that, so I assign this oversight to a lot of teams.

and Williamson says:

Jon(Ohio): What are your impressions of Brady Quinn's first two starts?

SportsNation Matt Williamson : First off-he is already far better than D Anderson. I like Quinn. Just think-this kid was a 4 year starter at Notre Dame-18/19 year old with the weight of the world on his shoulders. He handled that very well. Good athlete. Enough arm. Big strong body. Sees the field well. Still hesitant to let the deep one fly, but he is a keeper.

Other mentions in his chat include Harrison:

wayne va bch: Why don't the Browns play Harrison more? I've watched them a few times and Lewis has clearly lost a step or two. It should all be about production, right?

SportsNation Chris Mortensen: No question Harrison should and, I believe, will get more carries. Lewis & Harrison can be effective one one-two punch.

(not like any of US have said this)

and overall what the Browns are doing:

Dan (Buffalo, NY): Mort, In my opinion the Browns are on the right track and are just one more offseason (focused mostly on the defense) of being able to compete year in and year out. With that said, how many wins do they need to maintain the current coaching/front office staff?

SportsNation Chris Mortensen: Well, you don't change the personnel dept because there's a plan in the works. The roster is getting better. Keep building it. I'm a supporter of Romeo Crennel but I do sense his job is at stake, depending how they finish.

I agree...RAC needs at least 7 wins to keep his job. It is a young team and has young coaches...so I wouldn't be surprised to see a quantum leap forward next year with minimal changes. Remember, we get Tucker/Holly/Peek(maybe)/R.Smith/E.Young/Friedman all back from the IR to start the year...and that will go a long way to solidify the OL and the D....then add in a couple of pieces at LB....and this team will be vastly improved.

Guest 88fingerslewy
Former Pitt Panther waterboy Matt Williamson likes Quinn? Wow that's a shocker, he only ripped DA for a year and half. What you couldn't find a Tony Grossi comment or an OBR "insider" gem?

Apparently Mort loves everybody. He even loves RAC.

z....z....z....z....z....z

This is good stuff though i think 4 years is more than enough to show crennel is not a great or even a decent coach he sucks and most of his staff sucks tucker has more talent then grantham had to work with and yet our defense just looks like crap and the playcalling on D is awful tucker young yes gifted as a defensive coach..not really..in all honesty i could live with rac if he had the "IT" factor but this guy has a hard time making simple decisions and he has a real problem with teaching and preparing rookies and he has lost the locker room its over for him anywhere except maybe cleveland...

He fails to make the grade on so many levels he has poor evaluation skills at most positions he lacks the self motivated personnel needed to pick up the slack that his fat ass leaves on the field anyone for keeping crennel or tucker doesnt understand what it takes to win in the nfl and are obviously poor evaluators of coaching talent themselves..

I dont know how much more i can take of the poor way this club is run if RAC is still there next year i will not even waste my time getting the sunday ticket because we already know what happens even with quinn its deja vu all over again a lack of preperation and a slow start is racs trademark and why i will stop watching the browns until he is gone..

People, it's okay to get a excited about BQ. Not often does a CLEVELAND QB look like the real deal. It's okay to get a little excited.

The only reason we aren't MORE excited about Quinn's prospects for being great is the bitterness over the DA Experiment.

But it's over. He failed. Or, I should say, he succeeded at being DA: a nice guy with a big arm and a .500 record. Nothing against the guy but now we can finally enjoy the plan that was hatched in April 2007.

I think the DA-BQ talk has dampened the enthusiasm we BROWNS fans felt way back when. It's time to feel good again.

We got two top 10 talents in one draft. However they both finish up, it's okay to be excited about that.

We BROWNS fans deserve it!

No doubt shep, we sure did try every other way.

Makes you wonder how Couch would do on this team.

Bah who am I kidding. With this coaching, Quinn will do allright. With real coaching, we'd be superbowl champs in a year or two.

All you need is TWO games to know somebody is the ONE? And not even 2 good games. That is impressive. 22 stupid GMs, thank god for that. I do think that BQ has potential, that is not the issue. I also agree that DA is done in Cleveland, that is not the issue. The issue is that all the "fans" are ready to call BQ the golden boy because he has played one good game and one not so good game?

Shep I am glad that Mort agrees with you. Are you an evaluator of NFL talent for a living? Is that what you spend everyday doing? Is that what you get paid to do? Is your job on the line? Probably not. I think you do a decent job of defending yourself, but you do come across as the type that says that is the way it is because I said so.

Where is the wait and see attitude? Where is the prove it on the field? DA is done in Cleveland, true story. BQ may or MAY NOT be the answer. To say he is a franchise QB is just crazy. He has shown he can move in the pocket and he has shown he can complete the short passes. I want to see what he can do when NFL teams game plan against him.

I am not saying that he is not the ONE. I am saying I will wait and see. Seriously, the way people talk is LUM in the mirror. Let BQ prove he can be consistant. He has not remotely done that. You may be happy with what he has done, but I am not. He beat the Bills YES. But the Bills should not have even been in that game with the early turnovers.

I am in the wait and see crowd. As for DA I hope he goes to the Vikings. Would be a great fit for him.

Former Pitt Panther waterboy Matt Williamson likes Quinn? Wow that's a shocker, he only ripped DA for a year and half. .

Only you would know every person that ripped your beloved DA.

Look freakshow, if DA had played well this year you wouldn't be crying in your cereal. Fact is your boy let you down big time because if his suckage and you have a poor way of dealing with it.

Only you would know every person that ripped your beloved DA.

Look freakshow, if DA had played well this year you wouldn't be crying in your cereal. Fact is your boy let you down big time because if his suckage and you have a poor way of dealing with it.

Pay no attention to him man; he is a broken record and his act is really old

Archived