THE BROWNS BOARD

AT THIS HOUR: JAKE DELHOMME TO VISIT CLEVELAND

TheClevelandSound

Who said that? I never heard either Holmgren or Mangini say anything of the sort. Quinn was sat last season because of his contract escalators, and if you can't see that then you are blind. Then he goes back in and gets hurt, and we need Anderson once again. And Holmgren said himself that Quinn wasn't given a fair shake and 12 games is not near enough to judge a QB.

Don't believe me?

I will agree, though. He's been hurt too much.

Holmgren never said who he was referring to. Could've been talking about BQ or DA.

Kyle Orton went to a Super Bowl with the Bears. Do you want him too?

Oh, and Delhomme ain't no Brett Favre my friend.

Considering the fact that I had to live with DA and BQ; hell yeah I would rather have him. And his performance with the Broncos was not that terrible either.

Well 2 head coaches now don't see Quinn as a NFL starter. I got it. HE IS A BUST. get over it. He can't even stay healthy in 2 straight seasons. Count the losses and move on.

way way way to early to call anyone a bust

i guess that means we can call Mark Sanchez a bust since he had a worse season then Quinn while playing more games in his career by your logic

fail

also Mangini wanted Quinn as the starter but lerner made him bench quinn so he wouldnt get his bonus

How many losing seasons will it take before you wake up and see quinn as a failure? Based on what your saying we need to have another 4 and 12 season to find out Quinn needs to go.

yeah Quinn was the sole reason we lost all those games the last 2 years :rolleyes:

heres a hint

he broke our losing streak AND NFL record streak of most consecutive quarters scored without a TD

OOOOPS

yeah Quinn was the sole reason we lost all those games the last 2 years :rolleyes:

heres a hint

he broke our losing streak AND NFL record streak of most consecutive quarters scored without a TD

OOOOPS

Hey a loss is a loss. But you better take Quinns cock out of your mouth because he is leaving town. Buh bye

Hey a loss is a loss. But you better take Quinns cock out of your mouth because he is leaving town. Buh bye

So, instead of trying to produce a valid counterpoint, you're just going to resort to homosexual remarks?

I thought you were better than that. I know you're better than that.

So, instead of trying to produce a valid counterpoint, you're just going to resort to homosexual remarks?

I thought you were better than that. I know you're better than that.

Friend anymore I couldn't even care less. Im so sick of this team losing getting myself so pumped for nothing. I was so happy when we built Pittsburgh last year I was ready to buy a Quinn jersey. THEN HE IS HURT.................................AGAIN. Enough is enough. I say just remove the player and get rid of all doubts or questions. Let him be somebody else's problem. As for the homo remark, a lot of other people on here do it I wanted to fit in.

Didn't say he was. My point is that I believe Delhomme has some magic left in the tank. And don't worry, when/if he signs with the Browns and leads us to our first playoff appearance since 2002, ill be there to say i told you so :)

Kyle Orton did a very minimal thing to get the Bears to the Super Bowl. The Bears defense got them there.

Jake Delhomme was partially responsible for getting the Panthers there.

Are you guys talking about Orton or Grossman. I'd take Orton, but Grossman was the one who started for the Bears in the superbowl and no I don't want him. Orton is a decent QB.

Friend anymore I couldn't even care less. Im so sick of this team losing getting myself so pumped for nothing. I was so happy when we built Pittsburgh last year I was ready to buy a Quinn jersey. THEN HE IS HURT.................................AGAIN. Enough is enough. I say just remove the player and get rid of all doubts or questions. Let him be somebody else's problem. As for the homo remark, a lot of other people on here do it I wanted to fit in.

I know what you mean. It's frustrating. And I'm sick and damn tired of all the losing too. But in this case, I think the best action insofar is inaction. The way I see it, we're not going to get what we want for Quinn. We're definitely not getting anywhere NEAR what we gave up to bring him in. His salary is relatively small, and he has a year in the new offensive system. He's got some sort of camraderie with the team, however small, at least they're familiar with him. Plus, he's the face of the organization whether people want to accept that or not. Give him his shot. Bring a vet in here to mentor either Seneca or whomever we draft. Release Ratliff. That gives us 4 QBs, just like most of the rosters in the NFL. 3 QBs and an emergency QB.

If we can get a 2nd and a 4th for him, we take it. But I don't see that happening.

Are you guys talking about Orton or Grossman. I'd take Orton, but Grossman was the one who started for the Bears in the superbowl and no I don't want him. Orton is a decent QB.

Good catch Lebrent. I meant Grossman in my OP. The point was that just because a QB makes a super bowl appearance doesn't mean he is gold forever.

heres a hint

OOOOPS

Quinn either holds or is on the verge of holding the NFL record for career wins without throwing a TD pass..... yup, he's never thrown one in a win.

way way way to early to call anyone a bust

i guess that means we can call Mark Sanchez a bust since he had a worse season then Quinn while playing more games in his career by your logic

fail

also Mangini wanted Quinn as the starter but lerner made him bench quinn so he wouldnt get his bonus

too early? 3 years is too early? sanchez was a rookie last year dipshit.....quinns been in the league 3 years, and sucked in every one of them.

hell, even DA shined at various points...doesn't mean he's good either.

additionally, why pay the bonus when it was obvious he didn't desreve it? DA didn't get his bonus either.

look....this blind homerism has killed this team for 3 years. give it a rest, i dont want our next QB looking over his shoulder because a few idiots cling to their hope that the hometown boy will be a hero.

this isn't a xxxxing fairy tale.

"Quinn either holds or is on the verge of holding the NFL record for career wins without throwing a TD pass..... yup, he's never thrown one in a win. "

I could give a sh!t less if he ever throws a TD as long as we win. Give it to Harrison 100 times a game and let him set the rushing record every week, but give me a win. A QB can only do so much to win a game, but a QB throwing multiple pics (like Delhomme did last year) almost always guarantees a loss.

Sure it more fun to watch an air attack but give me win.

Don't forget the John Fox situation, he's not resigning with Carolina. If Mangini fails Fox has a very good chance to come in. Fox has a great relationship with Delhomme and is good friends with Holmgren. So Delhomme is a stop gap guy for a year, teach a rookie, and use as bait for John Fox if Mangini gets fired.

"Quinn either holds or is on the verge of holding the NFL record for career wins without throwing a TD pass..... yup, he's never thrown one in a win. "

I could give a sh!t less if he ever throws a TD as long as we win. Give it to Harrison 100 times a game and let him set the rushing record every week, but give me a win. A QB can only do so much to win a game, but a QB throwing multiple pics (like Delhomme did last year) almost always guarantees a loss.

Sure it more fun to watch an air attack but give me win.

i think we just saw that you can win solely on the running game, but you wont beat elite teams....ie, no playoffs.

lets set the bar above mediocrity this time....

None of this would be happening had Holmgren liked what he saw when he watched Quinns tape.

One only has to like back to Quinns draft where he was falling like a rock.

It is evident that there were many GMs who didn't like him, and it is also evident that they were probably correct in that assessment.

Archived