THE BROWNS BOARD

We will draft a QB!!!

PlayoffsIN09

At this point with DA released and BQ given away for next to nothing and the pathetic signing of delhomo its obvious and inevitable that we will need to draft a QB fairly high rather fans like it or not, if it were anyone but MH i would demand a 1st round pick to justify the housecleaning and Retarded crybaby delhomo signing but MH has proven he can pull the rabbit out of the hat even in the 3rd round, lets just hope MH and heckert have done their homework and bring us a winner for once...

From the guy who predicted "This rostor is going to get flipped in the offseason" as well as "We will be making headlines in the 2nd week of FA" and who can forget "We we will trade Quinn" as well as some yet to transpire suggestions such as "trade Harrison for a 3rd round pick!" comes my latest Cleveland Browns shot-in-the-dark,

"We will not take a QB before the 4th round and it will be someone none of us are talking about! Two words for you....Levi Brown!!!!"

The Genie, has spoken!

***predictions are not coming from a real genie. any and all accurate predictions are completely based on what the genie would do if he were in charge. fake genie admits he did not see the wimbley trade happening and expects the rogers trade was nixed because of the interest in wimbley. fake genie will not admit to any false predictions he may have had in the past. such as jamal isn't washed up yet. he will be fine once the season starts.***

I don't think Tebow would be that bad in the 2nd but I really feel our best value is Tony Pike in the 3rd. With the recent aquisitions at the QB position we really need to address the issues at LB, WR, or DB in the 1st and 2nd. Tony Pike has a strong arm, is a tall kid and sees the field well. We need to keep people from scoring on us and someone to get the ball to! Tony is someone who could learn and really turn out to be a hell of starter if groomed right.

Holmgren didn't dump both of our QB's, bring in a kid that knows his system (mentor) but doesn't have the physical attributes to be a starter in this league, then bring in an aging starter, and set the table perfectly to groom a drafted 'franchise' QB, only to roll the dice in round #3 ...

... I believe we are taking a QB at the top of the draft.

Strap on the chin straps boys ... here we go again ...

Well one can't believe he's thinking big with the two choads he has now.

Anyway lets hope he gets lucky with whatever kid he picks.

If he isn't going to coach then his QB guru talent means zip.

If his finding a gem in a rockpile rep is what ya like, he's never really done it.

Hasslebeck, just like Delhomme is an OK player who can do the job if the team is rocking.

And who suck canal water if it isn't.

Like a million guys.

Favre is an elite player. Lightning might strike twice who knows?

ove him or not.

I say 8 and 0 by November or Holmgren gets the sack.

:lol::lol::lol:

WSS

If Holmgren drafts a QB in the 1st or 2nd it will be the first time he's done so. He's taken 2 QBs in the third round (Brock Huard and David Greene). After that Seneca Wallace in the 4th is his next highest pick.

Actually, the QB guru label might not be all that fitting when you look at the players Holgren drafted:

"When Holmgren was head coach at Seattle, quarterbacks drafted by the Seahawks included Brock Huard (Round 3, 1999), Josh Booty (Round 6, 2001), Jeff Kelly (Round 7, 2002), Seneca Wallace (Round 4, 2003) and David Greene (Round 3, 2005). All five were “his guys.”" http://www.cantonrep.com/browns/x723442726...n-QB-at-Combine. Add in that he traded a sith rounder for Charlie Frye.

Holmgren comes from the Ron Wolf school of QB drafting. Pick 'em often and low. When Holgren was with Wolfe they drafted as follows:

Ty Detmer (Round 9, 1992), Mark Brunell (Round 5, 1993), Jay Barker (Round 5, 1995), Kyle Wachholtz (Round 7, 1996), Ronnie McAda (Round 7, 1997) and Matt Hasselbeck (Round 6, 1998).

I don't know about Pike. Cincy's offense didn't miss a beat when they brought in his baseball player back-up. I'm really not crazy about this draft class. My underdog in this class is Max Hall (BYU). I think he'll be available at the very end of the draft or even as a UFA and has the accuracy, mobility and leadership qualities to be a good (not great) WCO QB (compare Jeff Garcia). Even if we take a QB higher, I wouldn't mind Walrus signing Hall or Kafka to an UFA contract to stash on the practice squad.

Personally i think it would be dumb to take Bradford. I like the kid dont get me wrong but i think Eric Berry or a Joe Haden would be a better pick. Haden had a low 40 time but i think it will improve and also think his game speed is alot faster. Berry is a beast who can play safety or corner

If Holmgren drafts a QB in the 1st or 2nd it will be the first time he's done so. He's taken 2 QBs in the third round (Brock Huard and David Greene). After that Seneca Wallace in the 4th is his next highest pick.

Actually, the QB guru label might not be all that fitting when you look at the players Holgren drafted:

"When Holmgren was head coach at Seattle, quarterbacks drafted by the Seahawks included Brock Huard (Round 3, 1999), Josh Booty (Round 6, 2001), Jeff Kelly (Round 7, 2002), Seneca Wallace (Round 4, 2003) and David Greene (Round 3, 2005). All five were “his guys.”" http://www.cantonrep.com/browns/x723442726...n-QB-at-Combine. Add in that he traded a sith rounder for Charlie Frye.

Step aside Otto, the Walrus is in town.

:rolleyes:

Koo Koo Ka Choo

WSS

Holmgren didn't dump both of our QB's, bring in a kid that knows his system (mentor) but doesn't have the physical attributes to be a starter in this league, then bring in an aging starter, and set the table perfectly to groom a drafted 'franchise' QB, only to roll the dice in round #3 ...

... I believe we are taking a QB at the top of the draft.

Strap on the chin straps boys ... here we go again ...

I agree 100%. The only way we don't take a QB in the 1st is if they are 100% certain he will slip to the 2nd. He must like someone other than Bradford who won't be there for us

***predictions are not coming from a real genie. any and all accurate predictions are completely based on what the genie would do if he were in charge. fake genie admits he did not see the wimbley trade happening and expects the rogers trade was nixed because of the interest in wimbley. fake genie will not admit to any false predictions he may have had in the past. such as jamal isn't washed up yet. he will be fine once the season starts.***

SAY IT AIN'T SO GENIE!

didn't see the wimbley trade coming either. i'd like for them to hold onto harrison but at this point i think they know what they're doing. i think we are going to draft a qb, i just hope we don't xxxx up and trade up. i hope we get berry or haden, then get the qb.

Archived