THE BROWNS BOARD

DON'T TREAD ON US, UNAmerican "Pres Obama"

calfoxwc

A lot of folks around here are going to Washington. Should be huge.

the fringe leftists with their distortions and lies and quest for power...

Not here. Not in our house.

This is AMERICA, Mr. Obama. If you don't like it, impeach yourself.

At least have the dignity to listen to us, or resign.

You have already corrupted yourself far more than Richard Nixon ever did.

Resign NOW.

No, I stayed home, Heck. workin on two greenhouses.

But, I am going to go to a tea party April 15.

Come on over, I'll show you around, and I can take you for a hay ride...

while sitting on a 3 bottom plow.

You'll have more fun at that, than living with yourself

later for voting for Obammy.

Besides, I'm not all that fat, and I don't have a beard.

But, I do like the sign.

If you weren't so sarcastic and pointlessly boring, this would be a funny post.

You still fall short, shortie.

Besides, if I get in front of a camera, I would never say a lot of the things I do in here.

some things, absolutely, but phrased so that my concerns are put in a more

effective and literal manner.

In real life, I'm very soft spoken, much of the time.

Especially when I'm joking around.

Big diff between venting and public persuasion.

Obamao doesn't understand it, of course.

Yes, please! Cal, get in the car and go, go, go! Get in front of every camera you can find and scream everything that you write in here. And bring all of your friends.

Hurry! The vote is tomorrow.

Actually Cal I think these things are counter productive.

Heck's right but probably not for the reason he'd admit.

These politicians are truly arrogant.

They know this bill sucks and they know they have no intention of "fixing" anything.

Hell mnost of them are probably clue free about it anyway.

While I firmly believe republicans aren't much better (and mostly wish to hand Obama a well deserved defeat) the Dems don't give a shit what anyone thinks wants or needs.

It makes the scumbags feel important to stick it in the eye of the voters.

Like rednecks beating up hippies during the Viet Nam war. It's a game now.

They laugh at the public and why not?

This shit won't really make any difference to them or their families.

Power is intoxicating.

Anyway nothing anyone can do about it now. Hopefully we have another 25 or so years before the collapse.

WSS

Well, Steve, I think you are right, a bit. They certainly don't care. Who does care

when they are ignoring what the people think, and have an agenda to change things

dramatically, to create an environment that is in their favor to stay in power?

That is what a lot of Americans think now, regardless of whether they voted for

obaMao or not. History tells us a ton, and well, the libs want to quit teaching

old American history. It's a major subversionary subcultural movement.

Look at those who LIVED the history, and say it.

But yeah, overstating the issue doesn't serve well as a public persuasive argument.

Like, I HAD argumentation and speech classes back in the day.

I really WAS a speech major, English minor back then. B)

They know this bill sucks and they know they have no intention of "fixing" anything.

While I firmly believe republicans aren't much better (and mostly wish to hand Obama a well deserved defeat) the Dems don't give a shit what anyone thinks wants or needs.

Power is intoxicating.

Anyway nothing anyone can do about it now. Hopefully we have another 25 or so years before the collapse.

WSS

Power is intoxicating.

WSS

You really believe this? Yikes.

You really believe this? Yikes.

Unfortunately.

The key line is "power is intoxicating."

I think these Dems are sneering and laughing at the great unwashed and their protest.

I just read a Truthout article accusing the protestors of racism and homophobia.

I'll ask you this, as you're always offended at my take on the intentions of others.

Do you truly believe that the Bush Cheney administration had world safety and righteousness at the core of their reasons for the Iraq invasion and subsequent occupation?

Just a yes or no is OK.

WSS

I think they believed it was best for the security of the US and for the Iraqi people and would improve regional stability, yes. But, of course, it's not a binary question with a binary answer. It's a very complicated question with a lot of different answers, and a lot of different people with different interests, some grandiose, some grounded in reality, some provincial, some political, some horrible, some humanitarian. I don't think George Bush and Colin Powell and Richard Perle all had the same ideas or the same motivations.

It's your whole approach, Steve. Yes or no. Black or white. All or nothing. It's missing the trees and the forest. That's why I scoff at it.

I mean, this idea that the reason people spend their entire adult lives immersed in the minutiae of health care policy is not to devise a better system that works for more Americans, but because they lust for power is so cartoonish it's entirely useless.

I keep trying to give you the benefit of the doubt, but if this is a statement of your philosophy, and what you think government is all about, and what you think policy is really all about, rather than something to be contained, we really shouldn't bother.

Because it's "drunk at a bar" stuff. It really is. You can do better. I think.

Power is intoxicating.

WSS

These politicians are truly arrogant....... You hit the nail on thr head Steve. that is why so many people are pissed off.

Its time to clean house. They are supposed to work for us, not the other way around.

It's your whole approach, Steve. Yes or no. Black or white. All or nothing. It's missing the trees and the forest. That's why I scoff at it.

It seems to me that you intentionally overlook reality when it comes to your guys.

As for giving the "benefit of the doubt" I'd bet you know better.

I think many Dems really think socialized medicine is the right thing to do.

And that they believe they've been given a wink and a nod that this bill is the thin end of the wedge.

I think a great many just want to hand Obama a victory no matter if the bill sucks or not.

To quote Democrat spokesperson Elanor Clift "It's going to pass. Live with it."

And I do think there's a mob mentality to crush the enemy, ie Republicans.

The Dems make Cal and T look like Mother Theresa.

WSS

A lot of folks around here are going to Washington. Should be huge.

the fringe leftists with their distortions and lies and quest for power...

Not here. Not in our house.

This is AMERICA, Mr. Obama. If you don't like it, impeach yourself.

At least have the dignity to listen to us, or resign.

You have already corrupted yourself far more than Richard Nixon ever did.

Resign NOW.

My sister and her husband went, they said they had a great time and were able to check out the WW2 memorial.= while they were there. What a great generation we had back then before we had all the hippies changing everything so they could be lazy asses and have the government pay their way.

It seems to me that you intentionally overlook reality when it comes to your guys.

As for giving the "benefit of the doubt" I'd bet you know better.

I think many Dems really think socialized medicine is the right thing to do.

And that they believe they've been given a wink and a nod that this bill is the thin end of the wedge.

I think a great many just want to hand Obama a victory no matter if the bill sucks or not.

To quote Democrat spokesperson Elanor Clift "It's going to pass. Live with it."

And I do think there's a mob mentality to crush the enemy, ie Republicans.

The Dems make Cal and T look like Mother Theresa.

WSS

I should really take you on a field trip some day. You don't know anything about these people you despise so much - the ones you imagine are plotting against you with winks and nods. It's a lot more pedestrian than you imagine. It's always more pedestrian than people imagine.

I hear lots of people talking about the moral imperative they feel to extend affordable coverage to Americans who are devastated and bankrupted by the holes in our health care system every day, and very little about "crushing the enemy." That's because everywhere you go when you campaign, someone will come up to you or take the microphone at virtually every stop you make and tell you some horrible health care story. That's because the gaps in and problems with our health care system are so obvious that you have to be a total moron to ignore them, or to sit back and say "best health care in the world." So the goal is always universal coverage, not "socialized medicine", which doesn't really mean anything anyway. We have a combination socialized/mostly private system now, and all these reforms do is tilt the balance more towards the private end. I could also introduce you to wonks who could bore the living shit out of you with figures and actuarial tables, but couldn't produce anyone short of maybe Rahm Emmanuel who looks at this as pure political sport. But I wouldn't want to re-orient your worldview or anything. You can believe whatever you want.

And "Democratic spokesperson Eleanor Clift"? That's a joke, right? I hope.

I think they believed it was best for the security of the US and for the Iraqi people and would improve regional stability, yes. But, of course, it's not a binary question with a binary answer. It's a very complicated question with a lot of different answers, and a lot of different people with different interests, some grandiose, some grounded in reality, some provincial, some political, some horrible, some humanitarian. I don't think George Bush and Colin Powell and Richard Perle all had the same ideas or the same motivations.

I mean, this idea that the reason people spend their entire adult lives immersed in the minutiae of health care policy is not to devise a better system that works for more Americans, but because they lust for power is so cartoonish it's entirely useless.

I keep trying to give you the benefit of the doubt, but if this is a statement of your philosophy, and what you think government is all about, and what you think policy is really all about, rather than something to be contained, we really shouldn't bother.

Because it's "drunk at a bar" stuff. It really is. You can do better. I think.

Nah, it's more fundamental than that- do you want more government, or less? You just got more- congrats. Are healthcare costs out of control? Sure when it can cost 18-20k for a night in a hospital.

I've yet to see a new government entitlement program come in under budget- and the way I read this latest Obama shell game is we're gonna rob from Peter (Medicare) to pay Paul (32 million new [relative] freebies).

It won't work, without massive tax increases, inflation, or reduction in services.

I should really take you on a field trip some day. You don't know anything about these people you despise so much - the ones you imagine are plotting against you with winks and nods. It's a lot more pedestrian than you imagine. It's always more pedestrian than people imagine.

Who would those self sacrificing people be Heck?

Who are these self styled saviors who give of themselves for no reward save the betterment of mankind?

But yes, Heck it is more pedestrian.

It's as simple as the car (or real estate or appliance) salesman VS the customer.

A game, with a winner and loser. They don't get that sale it's a personal insult and they're angry that the mark didn't buy their speil.

I hear lots of people talking about the moral imperative they feel to extend affordable coverage to Americans who are devastated and bankrupted by the holes in our health care system every day, and very little about "crushing the enemy."

And you lovers of man write a bill that does little or nothing to change it. Even when you held every card and the ability to write and pass a bill that did. Why?

That's because everywhere you go when you campaign, someone will come up to you or take the microphone at virtually every stop you make and tell you some horrible health care story. That's because the gaps in and problems with our health care system are so obvious that you have to be a total moron to ignore them,

Well Heck you have to be a "total moron" to buy it.

I listened to a tearful rant by some Ohio Dem (Boccierri?) who'd made his decicision to carry the party water.

Oh my he wailed what if so and so hadn't had coverage when she got sick!!??

Yeah?

So what if your house burns down and you spent the insurance money on cigarettes? You feel sorry for the guy?

How about the guy without car insurance that gets drunk and kills somebody?

Weep for him?

C'mon.

or to sit back and say "best health care in the world."

Well the days making of that boast are numbered.

At least we'll still have the richest predatory legal system in the world.

So the goal is always universal coverage, not "socialized medicine", which doesn't really mean anything anyway.

Sure it does even if you pretend otherwise.

It's the goal of the harder left in your party.

But Obama promised it was on the way, this is just a first step.

We have a combination socialized/mostly private system now, and all these reforms do is tilt the balance more towards the private end. I could also introduce you to wonks who could bore the living shit out of you with figures and actuarial tables, but couldn't produce anyone short of maybe Rahm Emmanuel who looks at this as pure political sport. But I wouldn't want to re-orient your worldview or anything. You can believe whatever you want.

Like you said before there are wonks on both sides.

You believe the ones who support your own world view and call the others fools. We understand.

And "Democratic spokesperson Eleanor Clift"? That's a joke, right? I hope.

A joke?

It should be but...

So tell me Heck.

Lets say I buy into your idea that the Democrats only want whats best for me.

So why then (in your opinion) would every Republican vote against this panacea?

Just evil assholes? Just a coincidence it was a complete partisan rout?

C'mon Heck are these good and informed public servants who have our best interest at heart?

You think they honestly wanted to start over and write a bill without all the bullshit that even you admit is in it?

Or something more "pedestrian?"

Just being mean to poor Obama?

How generous are you wiht the enemy?

(BTW your overuse of words like "despise" and "always" are as useless as always, in case you thought I missed em.)

WSS

Wow. Steve, you're taking this hard. So imagine that everyone on the left is a deceitful, power-hungry asshole. And then congratulate yourself. You know what you are? You're Shep, but for the other side.

Translation: "Yeah, you're probably right and I won't deny any of it."

But I'm glad you now think I'm now qualified to be president.

Thanks Elanor.

;)

WSS

My sister and her husband went, they said they had a great time and were able to check out the WW2 memorial.= while they were there. What a great generation we had back then before we had all the hippies changing everything so they could be lazy asses and have the government pay their way.

That's not the hippies your describing in that sentence.

The list of states ready to challenge is growing as we type.....some estimates put it as high as 38 ready to challenge the constitutional merits of this bill.

The list of states ready to challenge is growing as we type.....some estimates put it as high as 38 ready to challenge the constitutional merits of this bill.

Awaiting the inevitable SC smackdown then, lol. Even Scalia wouldn't be Retarded enough to see this bill as unconstitutional.

Archived