THE BROWNS BOARD

Colt McCoy Impresses during ProDay, Rams to work out McCoy

kamac19

Which McCoy is this: Colt McCoy or the DL McCoy from Oklahoma?

Post edited cheers, but yes you could be right might end up with both McCoy's on there roster

For those wondering, he threw about 60 passes. He completed all of them.

He threw the whole route tree on the left and right. He threw from 3 and 5 step drops and rollouts to simulate the pull away from center.

12 throws were over 40 yards. Mike Mayock commented that his deep touch was very good.

Pete Carroll termed his arm strength "solid". Gil Brandt commented that his footwork was excellent.

Todd McShay thought he was average. Then again, Todd McShay has been knocking everyone not named Bradford so I kind of wonder if this guy is really believable.

So what kind of shakeup would it be if the Rams dont draft Bradford??? Everyone keeps saying Washington would draft Bradford if he falls to 4 but i have my doubts about that. I see Buffalo being the darkhorse trading up with Kansas City or Seattle. It would be smart for Cleveland to trade down later in the first and pick up Clausen when he drops down to mid first.

Is it just me or do most of you not have that "Colt" confidence?

He's really not shown me much and ever since he bailed in the championship game I've really lost faith in the guy. Hell I feel Tebow has more moxy and fight than this guy.

I just don't see his "competitive" side. He's soft.

I still like Pike in the 3rd and wouldn't hate Tebow in the 2nd. Tebow's a winner and a fighter and that will translate in the NFL.

I really don't think Mike would spend a first round pick on any of these QB's. ESPECIALLY since he got Delhomme and Wallace. C'mon ~THINK!

He's really not shown me much and ever since he bailed in the championship game I've really lost faith in the guy. Hell I feel Tebow has more moxy and fight than this guy.

I still like Pike in the 3rd and wouldn't hate Tebow in the 2nd. Tebow's a winner and a fighter and that will translate in the NFL.

I really don't think Mike would spend a first round pick on any of these QB's. ESPECIALLY since he got Delhomme and Wallace. C'mon ~THINK!

I'm not saying he's first round material. I trust Holmgren to decide.

To say he "bailed" suggests to me that you know nothing of medicine and to say he's soft clearly indicates that you probably haven't seen more than that BCS Championship.

Colt McCoy has started 54 straight games. He's found ways to win. He's led his team to fourth quarter comebacks even when he didn't have his best stuff. Is his game flawed? Probably so. Is he a work in progress? Definitely. Is he soft? Hell no. Colt McCoy never gave up on a game ever. Anyone who suggests he didn't want to come back in the BCS Championship is really full of $hit. The kid grew up dreaming of leading UT to a championship and came back to school for his senior year to do so. To imply that he bailed on that game is preposterous.

So what kind of shakeup would it be if the Rams dont draft Bradford??? Everyone keeps saying Washington would draft Bradford if he falls to 4 but i have my doubts about that. I see Buffalo being the darkhorse trading up with Kansas City or Seattle. It would be smart for Cleveland to trade down later in the first and pick up Clausen when he drops down to mid first.

:blink: Clausen..? REALLY? Clausen...? C'mon man!

I really think we should stay away from that kid.

I really don't want us to trade down either. Remember last year's draft? We passed on Clay Jr., Maualuga, & Raji...Remember how it felt passing on those guys?ALL those guys could have helped us in Cleveland this year...We've got what..12 picks now? We need to load up this year! We've got the cash, let's get the players! Let's play to win this year!

Let's get some top tier picks who can help us NOW!

I'm not saying he's first round material. I trust Holmgren to decide.

To say he "bailed" suggests to me that you know nothing of medicine and to say he's soft clearly indicates that you probably haven't seen more than that BCS Championship.

Colt McCoy has started 54 straight games. He's found ways to win. He's led his team to fourth quarter comebacks even when he didn't have his best stuff. Is his game flawed? Probably so. Is he a work in progress? Definitely. Is he soft? Hell no. Colt McCoy never gave up on a game ever. Anyone who suggests he didn't want to come back in the BCS Championship is really full of $hit. The kid grew up dreaming of leading UT to a championship and came back to school for his senior year to do so. To imply that he bailed on that game is preposterous.

Well you got me...I'm NOT a doctor. But I'll wager you're not one either. In this AP artictle printed just yesterday:

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/articl...FFEzyQD9EPRVC01

It states that his arm was numb due to a pinched nerve. If you watched the whole game it appeared he had a full range of motion before the evening was through. True maybe I haven't seen enough film on the kid and shouldn't base my judgement solely on the performance of that one game. But from what I have seen of him, he played behind a talented line with talented recievers and I've really never seen him take a big hit until that game.

Ask yourself this....If you really dreamed of leading your favorite college team to a BCS championship...and you really were a football player....wouldn't you leave your left nut out there for the everlasting glory?

Well you got me...I'm NOT a doctor. But I'll wager you're not one either. In this AP artictle printed just yesterday:

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/articl...FFEzyQD9EPRVC01

It states that his arm was numb due to a pinched nerve. If you watched the whole game it appeared he had a full range of motion before the evening was through. True maybe I haven't seen enough film on the kid and shouldn't base my judgement solely on the performance of that one game. But from what I have seen of him, he played behind a talented line with talented recievers and I've really never seen him take a big hit until that game.

Ask yourself this....If you really dreamed of leading your favorite college team to a BCS championship...and you really were a football player....wouldn't you leave your left nut out there for the everlasting glory?

a) Yes, I am a doctor

B) Colt McCoy's injury was a stretched brachial plexus. That doesn't mean he can't move his shoulder. The brachial plexus innervates the arm and carries both motor and sensory fibers. I was at the game and I watched him on the sideline in front of me.

c) Mack Brown refused to jeopardize him by putting him back in. He said there was NO way he was going back in no matter how much he begged and my source told me he begged plenty.

a) Yes, I am a doctor

B) Colt McCoy's injury was a stretched brachial plexus. That doesn't mean he can't move his shoulder. The brachial plexus innervates the arm and carries both motor and sensory fibers. I was at the game and I watched him on the sideline in front of me.

c) Mack Brown refused to jeopardize him by putting him back in. He said there was NO way he was going back in no matter how much he begged and my source told me he begged plenty.

Yeah...Really? Well I'm the f#%king pope....You think you can take time from your busy schedule of seeing patients and perusing "The Browns Board" to write me a perscription for bullshit in my ear?

And if you were at the game you really know what a puss willer he is.

Oh...And stew on this...The backup put up 21.....The backup.

Yeah...Really? Well I'm the f#%king pope....You think you can take time from your busy schedule of seeing patients and perusing "The Browns Board" to write me a perscription for bullshit in my ear?

And if you were at the game you really know what a puss willer he is.

Oh...And stew on this...The backup put up 21.....The backup.

I wouldn't waste my time on you. You're nothing but an agenda-filled troll. The backup putting 21 on Bama has nothing to do with Colt McCoy. You're just pissed because your theory of him wussing out isn't supported by any evidence and now you're crying.

I don't see QB in the first round. I could see Teebow in the 2nd and i wouldn't hate that idea as much as I used to think I would. I think the guy is a winnner and someone who works hard and would probably be a winner in the NFL.

I wouldn't waste my time on you. You're nothing but an agenda-filled troll. The backup putting 21 on Bama has nothing to do with Colt McCoy.

The "agenda" here sir is discussing what I feel is in the best interest of the Browns. I have my opinion as I'm sure you have yours. The point about the backup that you failed to see is that you could plug in a QB at Texas with the talent that they have and put up 21 on the NCAA champs. I feel McCoy hasn't been tested. By your login name I assume you watch quite a bit of UT football and you have a right to disagree with me....Just don't fill me full of crap along the way. I say he lacks guts...I'm entitled to my opinion. This is America last time I checked.

The "agenda" here sir is discussing what I feel is in the best interest of the Browns. I have my opinion as I'm sure you have yours. The point about the backup that you failed to see is that you could plug in a QB at Texas with the talent that they have and put up 21 on the NCAA champs. I feel McCoy hasn't been tested. By your login name I assume you watch quite a bit of UT football and you have a right to disagree with me....Just don't fill me full of crap along the way. I say he lacks guts...I'm entitled to my opinion. This is America last time I checked.

If you haven't watched him play through adversity and injury then you have no clue as to what kind of guts he does or doesn't have...but you're right. We'll just agree to disagree. You're entitled to that.

What a joke! Gotta agree with Earl here. There was no way Mccoy was coming back into that game. Gotta love the armchair quaterbacks that have no clue. Not a big texas fan and not really sold on drafting him either but to call mccoy soft not competitve is just utterly stupid and makes one look like they really have no clue. Guts and charactar is probably one of the best things that mr. mccoy has. This is the same kid who swam across a lake to rescue a drowning neighbor who was having a seizure. Then in the same post it goes on to talk about Pike who i hope to god we stay far far away from who had major problems staying healthy all through his career in college yet Mccoy is the soft one. Not to mention that Pike is a system qb at cincinnati who was basically out of the shotgun every down. No thanks.

What a joke! Gotta agree with Earl here. There was no way Mccoy was coming back into that game. Gotta love the armchair quaterbacks that have no clue. Not a big texas fan and not really sold on drafting him either but to call mccoy soft not competitve is just utterly stupid and makes one look like they really have no clue. Guts and charactar is probably one of the best things that mr. mccoy has. This is the same kid who swam across a lake to rescue a drowning neighbor who was having a seizure. Then in the same post it goes on to talk about Pike who i hope to god we stay far far away from who had major problems staying healthy all through his career in college yet Mccoy is the soft one. Not to mention that Pike is a system qb at cincinnati who was basically out of the shotgun every down. No thanks.

I love the way you say that you "love the armchair quraterbacks" when that is exactly what you are too...Anyway..You compare McCoy's heroism at the lake (which I think was awesome as well) with his mentality on a football field. (Fallacy) He plays well when things are his way and when he plays college players. I believe he was scared in that BCS game and that's the type of talent he's going to face in the NFL. I'm not sold on getting him. He is an accurate passer when left untouched, but after Cleveland spent all that cash on Delhomme and Wallace I don't think we should persue a QB in the 1st or 2nd. THUS, the choice of Tony Pike as our 3rd QB in the 3rd round which he should be the best availible. He's a tall, strong kid who can see the field and may be groomed to be something better. You have to look at what's happened and look at what we need.

Heck he still may be damaged goods anyhow. Check out this article.

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/article/20...-tweak-injuries

Mike Mayock disagrees (as do Pete Carroll and Mike McCarthy for that matter..):

http://blogs.nfl.com/2010/03/31/mccoy-is-a...ound-draft-pic/

Earl34 I'd like to say that I'm glad we're having this debate. It can only make us both wiser.

That being said...The headline of the article is "McCoy is a solid second-round draft pick" If he were still available in the 2nd that may be something to look at but I still feel that we would be better served helping ourselves elsewhere. My concern is that we would try to make a move to get him in the first which I don't think would serve us practically considering the moves we've already made. And again everybody looks good at those workouts when a 240 lb linebacker isn't bering down on you.

Thanks for the info though. How do you like Shipley in the 3rd?

All you folks who think McCoy is going to be around in the second have no clue about football. He may go before our 7 pick. The Browns have stunk at QB since Bernie and stunk as a team. Coincidence NO!

I watched McCoy throw a perfect pass a year plus ago with 17 seconds left in the game to beat the Buckeyes in the bowl matchup. That is what championship QB's do win games when needed.

As for all the nonsense about him wussing in the Championship game last year.......If you arm is numb it does not matter what range of motion you have you cannot have the feel to throw the prescribed speed and distance.

Colt McCoy is a winner and Sam Bradford is a winner

I am tired of the Browns losing and not going after franchise QB's. Brady Quinn was a loser in college and stupid choice. We Sewage running the team then flushing us of talent. The new regime is doing good things so far. My guess is they are smart enough to make the play to get one of these two guys.

I am so sick of this fan base wanting to draft OL guys and DB's and DL's with one picks and having the worst offense in football year after year.......mind boggling stupid

Archived