THE BROWNS BOARD

Gocong and Brown

You almost have it

The Cleveland Beaglets *fixed

Needed to add the jets to the other part. As long as where getting solid players and starters, I do not care who we are getting them from. Today's additions where a great trade for us.

Confirmed by Schefter

Cant wait to see this from our newely aquired CB

Im getting really excited about our team this year, cant wait for the draft

Ooh, that is what you call a slobberknocker!

I guess we should ask: does this trade mean they may be looking elsewhere besides cornerback in the draft?

roth was a huge reason for us winning the last 4 games. i consider him a playmaker. just because he isn't a marquee name doesn't mean he isn't a playmaker.

[/quote

I really like what Roth showed over the course of the last 6 games with the Browns. And I agree that he was a reason why the Brownies won there last 4 games. But, to simply judge him on his las 6 games though and call him a playmaker based solely on that when he has been in the league since like 2005 though is a little far fecthed to me. Granted he has a ton of potential and could be a diamond in the rough kind of find it is hard for me to say that now. To me right now he is no better or worse then the rest of linebackers. This team needs an elite playmaker on the defensive side of the ball before this team will have a great defense though. Thats all I am saying.

Since 1999 we have had a bunch of "good" linebackers (and defensive players) and it has translated to 2 winning seasons and medicore defenses at best (most of the time bad defenses) which is why I don't really want to settle for a guy like Matt Roth being our marquee defensive player. Again ... I like Roth. I jst want to see a stud defensive player leading the charge on Sundays and a guy like Roth being a really good complimetray player.

I think this trade really changes things.

First off, instead of using a fourth and fifth round pick on two players hoping they might be able to play...we now have two guys that we KNOW can play (one a former Pro Bowler). It also frees us up to take "best available players" if we want to. There are still needs but I think they need to be revised now. What's more, Adam Schefter reported that the Browns didn't pay Brown any more money, they just extended him.

I was thinking that if neither Clausen or Bradford fall then we either take:

1) Berry if available

2) An offensive lineman/RT (not likely)

3) Trade down. Imagine this....we trade down to #14 (Seahawks)and take S Earl Thomas. Then we trade back into the #28 spot (San Diego) and pick up WR Golden Tate.

OPTIONS! OPTIONS! OPTIONS! Gotta love it!

First off, instead of using a fourth and fifth round pick on two players hoping they might be able to play...we now have two guys that we KNOW can play (one a former Pro Bowler). It also frees us up to take "best available players" if we want to. There are still needs but I think they need to be revised now. What's more, Adam Schefter reported that the Browns didn't pay Brown any more money, they just extended him.

1) Berry if available

3) Trade down. Imagine this....we trade down to #14 (Seahawks)and take S Earl Thomas. Then we trade back into the #28 spot (San Diego) and pick up WR Golden Tate.

Certainly such a scenario is not beyond the realm of possibility. Maybe not that specific deal, but something on that order.

I was upset at first that we gave up Hall in the deal, then quickly realized I was an idiot and came around to what a hell of a deal this is! I love this trade! Now we just need to pick up Flozell Adams on a one year deal to be our Right Tackle, and then we'll realy be able to either pick up Berry or the best player available. I'd have to give Holmgren a solid B+ to an A right now. We'll have to see how he does in the draft now.

1) Berry if available

This trade definitly does give us options. If we aren't able to land Berry I agree about trading to get a pick midway through the first round and possibly a second rounder as well. I would love to see us bring in Earl Thomas with the first rounder or a good pass rushing linebacker and then I would love to see them score a top guard prospect with a second rounder.

I would much rather see them sign a vet WR as we spent 2 second rounders on WRs last year. Problem is I have no clue as to who they can sign as far as vets go ... I wouldn't really want TO brought in ... after that there isn't too much. I guess maybe Torry Holt if no one has signed him yet. I also wouldnt have hated to see them keep furrey.

A little side note ... to help tighten up the secondary later on in the draft I would love to see Myron Rolle get picked in the fourth/fifth if he is available. Not really to sure where he will get picked.

Confirmed by Schefter

Cant wait to see this from our newely aquired CB

Im getting really excited about our team this year, cant wait for the draft

Man he looks like he is in some dizzy pain when he is crawling. I dont think they have used that play ever again.

Browns restructure Sheldon Brown's contract

Posted by Michael David Smith on April 2, 2010 4:12 PM ET

This morning the Cleveland Browns acquired Sheldon Brown in a trade with the Eagles. This afternoon the club made sure its new cornerback would be a happy camper.

Adam Schefter of ESPN reports that Brown has already restructured his contract with the Browns.

The new deal doesn't give Brown any more money than he was already scheduled to get paid, but it converted a some of the money Brown had remaining on the final three years of his deal and turned it into guaranteed money that will be paid right now as a signing bonus. The Browns also added incentives to Brown's new contract.

The 31-year-old Brown started all 16 games for the Eagles in 2009 and has started every game except one over the last six seasons. He's expected to be a starter in Cleveland as well.

It's possible Brown may be moved to free safety and Haden is still in the mix. Philly had thoughts of doing this.....

Berry and Haden are right back at it. If Berry is there, leave Sheldon at corner. If not, take Haden and move Brown to safety.

Archived