THE BROWNS BOARD

Team Quit?!?!!?

Guest Masters

Guest Masters

Ugh, so I will try not to rant too much, as that was the most putrid performance by a CLE team I have ever seen. So my blood pressure is up, and I generally try not to get to riled up.

This team flat out quit. Especially after Romeo decided to bench Quinn. If you were watching this game you saw it on every players face, down to even Winslow. Guys stopped running hard (those that were), trying for balls, blocking, tackling. Hell even Phil Dawson gave up. You cannot tell me Phil pushing a kick like he did. He doesn't do that normally. Any life left in this team went right with it when RAC benched Quinn.

Quinn by all means was not playing great. The first pick was a rookie mistake. He did read the DL guy dropping back (gee, why doesn't CLE ever do that with their 3-4 like every other team that runs it...), and made a bad read. On the second, I am with Gannon. That is on Edwards. You don't ever let the DB get inside position like that. Ever! But BE is soft, not that we haven't know that for a while.

Any one else see Quinn's cold shoulder to RAC when he walked past him? He should give him that. I get RAC is playing for his job at this point. I do. But you really think you will keep your team when two weeks later you now think again DA is your best chance to win? After you were on the fence several weeks ago regarding if he was (all the way back to the Cincy game where RAC says he almost benched DA)?

RAC is toast, and if Lerner is behind the scenes pulling strings like people think, than RAC is gone Monday morning (which he should be). Because those stands cleared as fast a someone running for the toliet after drinking tap water in Mexico after Quinn was benched for DA.

You know as a fan it is bad when life long die hard Browns fans around you are cheering against the team late in the game. RAC is an embarassement and his players are playing like they feel the same way.

I could rant more on how CLE telegraph's it blitzes, the O play calling, etc., but you all know. Hell you don't have to have ever followed football much to see it.

Ugh, so I will try not to rant too much, as that was the most putrid performance by a CLE team I have ever seen. So my blood pressure is up, and I generally try not to get to riled up.

This team flat out quit. Especially after Romeo decided to bench Quinn. If you were watching this game you saw it on every players face, down to even Winslow. Guys stopped running hard (those that were), trying for balls, blocking, tackling. Hell even Phil Dawson gave up. You cannot tell me Phil pushing a kick like he did. He doesn't do that normally. Any life left in this team went right with it when RAC benched Quinn.

Quinn by all means was not playing great. The first pick was a rookie mistake. He did read the DL guy dropping back (gee, why doesn't CLE ever do that with their 3-4 like every other team that runs it...), and made a bad read. On the second, I am with Gannon. That is on Edwards. You don't ever let the DB get inside position like that. Ever! But BE is soft, not that we haven't know that for a while.

Any one else see Quinn's cold shoulder to RAC when he walked past him? He should give him that. I get RAC is playing for his job at this point. I do. But you really think you will keep your team when two weeks later you now think again DA is your best chance to win? After you were on the fence several weeks ago regarding if he was (all the way back to the Cincy game where RAC says he almost benched DA)?

RAC is toast, and if Lerner is behind the scenes pulling strings like people think, than RAC is gone Monday morning (which he should be). Because those stands cleared as fast a someone running for the toliet after drinking tap water in Mexico after Quinn was benched for DA.

You know as a fan it is bad when life long die hard Browns fans around you are cheering against the team late in the game. RAC is an embarassement and his players are playing like they feel the same way.

I could rant more on how CLE telegraph's it blitzes, the O play calling, etc., but you all know. Hell you don't have to have ever followed football much to see it.

Great post. Did you notice DA didn't even try for that fumble. What a leader.

Guest Masters
Great post. Did you notice DA didn't even try for that fumble. What a leader.

No kidding. Then again, he barely tried to hand off the ball to Jamal (which we have all seen before). Not to mention, what happens quick when DA comes in? A false start..

Total capitulation ...That's what will fix the stock market and that is what will start to fix this franchise ...Let the purging begin ... I only hope it does not stop with the coaches ...There are a lot of players who need to be shown the door too :blink:

Guest Masters
Dawson didn't quit. No kicker would ever intentionally shank a field goal.

Find me one time where Phil has shanked a FG like that? The point is, when even your kicker is pretty much now phoning it in, you have seriously lost your team.

RAC needs to be fired Monday morning, no question.

Guest Masters
Total capitulation ...That's what will fix the stock market and that is what will start to fix this franchise ...Let the purging begin ... I only hope it does not stop with the coaches ...There are a lot of players who need to be shown the door too :blink:

Oh, there are players that need to be shown the door. But good coaches get the most out of their players, and RAC has never done that.

I almost forgot, once again, Harrison see's little to no playing time in the second half. Shocker!

Guest Masters
Jamal averaged 5.8 ypc

Jerome averaged 4.4 ypc

We had a TOTAL of 20 rushes. TWENTY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 17 between them (2 Cribbs, 1 DA). Why didn't we run more???

Because RAC messes with the play calling. The camera caught him plenty of times today on the damn headset during offensive calls. Dude is clueless. Clueless!!!

This team flat out quit. Especially after Romeo decided to bench Quinn. If you were watching this game you saw it on every players face, down to even Winslow. Guys stopped running hard (those that were), trying for balls, blocking, tackling.

GREAT post!

I am so mad. All those CARPPY performances RAC never once yanked DA for - he yanks the ONLY player putting people in the seats right now. The milli-second Quinn got yanked - that stadium emptied out like they were handing away money for the first people to reach their cars in the parking lots.

I hope they GUT this staff. It's not like it wasn't completely predictable that when Dumb Ass got in the completion percentage would lower and he'd throw at least 1 INT by throwing behind another close range target.

As least Quinn's INT was LEADING BE and it was where BE was supposed to be.

I'm sick of losing and I'm even sicker of fans telling me I'm a bad fan for expressing frustration over it. Ken Dosrsey should have gotten the nod if BQ was not making it happen.

This ENTIRE franchise and 70% of the fanbase (as depicted with empty seats) sees Dumb Ass as a white "we quit" surrender flag. It is what it is. The Oregon State Alumnii will drop in to tell us the only problem is BE. Then again, they ought to pay MORE attention to their newfound ability to MATTER in the Pac 10 in the ABSENCE OF DUMB ASS.

- Tom F. (I'm sure Lums made a nice homecoming Princess for Derek back in the day)

Guest Masters
Anyone watch "It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia"?

"I am going to slap everyone into tiny little pieces."

That's how I feel after watching this travesty of a game.

I watch that show. Perfect fit.

Guest Masters
Maybe we can be the first team where the QB is the coach. I think players would follow BQ more than they would RAC

I think these guys would sooner follow Dorsey than RAC.

As I have said before, RAC is a grandpa. When you do something wrong he says "it will be okay, here's a Worthers original"

Just a general observation here.......pointing out DA flaws isn't a defense for Quinn.

We are all frustrated here, but we need to keep the eye on the ball, even if the team isn't.

JMO

Guest Masters
Dawson didn't quit, yes he missed that field goal, but in the replay afterward, you can see his plant foot slide as he was planting it to kick the ball. he didn't quit, he's been the only constant on this team for the last decade...

I don't exactly mean he made a concerted effort to quit, but even he was mentally out of it IMO on that kick. I dont' blame him, shit who wouldn't be under RAC.

????

i was there. The players were pumped when DA came in. You couldn't tell that from TV? Weird.

roach (the idiot ND fan that sat behind me wasn't happy. i miss true Browns fans)

Guest Masters
????

i was there. The players were pumped when DA came in. You couldn't tell that from TV? Weird.

roach (the idiot ND fan that sat behind me wasn't happy. i miss true Browns fans)

TV did not show it all. Every face shot showed quit. Then the play after......

why would a players on a team that isn't going anywhere play hard for a lame-duck coach?

i understand that they're professionals, but they still don't want to get themselves killed/beaten up/mangled when there's nothing to be gained by doing so. they're already getting their money. it's up to the coaches to make them care.

i'd said before that nothing good can come from firing your coach in the middle of the season. it seems that nothing good can come from holding onto him, either.

TV did not show it all. Every face shot showed quit. Then the play after......

They just looked like they honored the surrender flag RAC was waiving and the fans honnored that move by leaving.

Now THAT is how you run a customer service business. You cram what they don't want right down their throats AFTER they have paid so you don't care if they ever show up again the rest of the season. After all, you already have their money and A team is better than NO team. Talk about WHORING off a tradition. The Lerners have SUCKED rat dong.

I'm really disappointed.

- Tom F. (DA had a completion percentage of 47 on the year so RAC says he wants to produce a spark by putting that piece of crap back on the field. He deserved the completion rate DA was only capable of back in his face. Sorry this act needs a gong and a pink slip other than the one Lummy is wearing)

Archived