THE BROWNS BOARD

Browns replace field surface

ATENEARS

For the record, I like our stadium, even if they forgot to put a roof on the place.

The sight lines are good and the traffic flows well except for the stairwells.

Concession lines can bog down, but it is that way at any stadium.

I do wish they had more taps with Dortmunder...there aren't any close to my section anyway.

I guess for the impossible wish...I wish when they designed these things they allowed even another 4 inches of leg room...there isn't a lot of room to maneuver around....especially if you have big winter boots on...which is about half the season since they forgot the roof.....OK...I am repeating myself. ;)

Denver's field is actually real grass with synthetic grass weaved in. The maintenance guy showed us a sign showing how it was constructed. The advantage is stronger turf during the cold or rainy months because the synthetic grass will hold the soil together; you don't get the clumps that you see on Heinz field. I'd venture that this would be ideal for CBS as well and I hope that's what they are installing.

"Playing Surface

The playing surface at INVESCO Field at Mile High is a 100% natural grass playing field made up of four different Kentucky Bluegrasses. The grass surface is stabilized by a network of polypropylene fibers that were sewn vertically into the sod every 3/4". This process took three weeks, with crews working 24 hours a day. This technology was developed by DD GrassMaster out of Holland, and has been used at over 100 stadiums worldwide.

Underneath the sod is a sand-root zone laid above an extensive drainage and soil heating system. After heavy rain, in a matter of minutes, surface water can be drained with a strong suction system called Sub-Air. The field will be heated during the winter months by a network of 21 miles of underground hot water tubing. "

http://football.ballparks.com/NFL/DenverBroncos/newindex.htm

Archived