THE BROWNS BOARD

Schefter Reports Steelers trying to trade benny now

HaydenFox

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As much as I would hate seeing the Steelers with 2 first rounders, they would be losing their francise QB (who, all bias aside, is pretty damn good). As we have found out the very hard way, finding (or replacing) a francise QB can be very difficult and is pretty essential to a good football team. I guess the Jets and the Ravens were good exceptions this year, but without a solid QB and some aging players the Steelers look pretty vulnerable...

Ill be regretting this post if they pick Clausen and he turns out to be a stud, which I wouldnt be surprised about knowing our luck..

Oakland, Buffalo, Jacksonville seem to be the likely candidates. Oakland seems like the perfect fit. I could easily see Oakland or jacksonville with buffalo being a dark horse.

Previous speculation had the Rams interested. Personally, I think if the Steelers were to do a deal with the Rams for #1 overall, they would have to sweeten the pot. Rams could say, give us BR and your #1

In fact, I think any team that is in the top 10 would ask for that.

What do you think: Browns trade their #7 to Peetown for BR and for the Steelers #18 overall pick. Fair deal? Would you do it? Then BR would be our PR nightmare.

We would be worse than those apes if we took BR.

How ? Viewing with an unbiased eye some of the positives about Ben are

* Ability to keep plays alive by buying more time

* good height and arms with a nice vision + not easy to bring down

* not so prone to mistakes

* still young

* able to handle pressure in big games

And if we are interested, he is an Ohio native.

Right now he seems a bad guy cos of his character getting a bad rep with the things he did , but he is not that bad. I would not feel bad if we took BR. I would be kinda relieved that we have an answer for QB position.

* still young

Right now he seems a bad guy cos of his character getting a bad rep with the things he did , but he is not that bad. I would not feel bad if we took BR. I would be kinda relieved that we have an answer for QB position.

ummmm he obviously a shitty person. We criticize those roid monkeys constantly. We don't want their garbage. He is physically xxxxed as well. How many injuries does that guy have to play through? That won't last.

I wouldn't risk losing our first pick over someone who cant keep it in his pants. He'll more then likely rape a helpless young girl again and when he does his nfl career will be over. Spend that pick on someone who wont ruin our franchise name by sticking his wee wee in anything that's drunk, passed out, or just doesn't care.

Previous speculation had the Rams interested. Personally, I think if the Steelers were to do a deal with the Rams for #1 overall, they would have to sweeten the pot. Rams could say, give us BR and your #1

In fact, I think any team that is in the top 10 would ask for that.

What do you think: Browns trade their #7 to Peetown for BR and for the Steelers #18 overall pick. Fair deal? Would you do it? Then BR would be our PR nightmare

You're also outta your damn mind. You seriously believe the above? Seriously? If he's shipped off it better be for a first this year, a first next year and a player to contribute immediately this year or it's not worth it. The Rooney's are scaring Ben straight and the suspension is also conditional. 6 games with the possibility of 4. Still a pretty harsh penalty for no conviction but if QB's being the posters boys of the league and Rooney with such a prominent role a example was made. My vote is no way in hell he's traded and I question your overall football wherewithal by making a Retarded comment like Big Ben plus the Steelers first for a top 10 pick. Actually think about that for a second and then punch yourself in the face.

You're also outta your damn mind. You seriously believe the above? Seriously? If he's shipped off it better be for a first this year, a first next year and a player to contribute immediately this year or it's not worth it. The Rooney's are scaring Ben straight and the suspension is also conditional. 6 games with the possibility of 4. Still a pretty harsh penalty for no conviction but if QB's being the posters boys of the league and Rooney with such a prominent role a example was made. My vote is no way in hell he's traded and I question your overall football wherewithal by making a Retarded comment like Big Ben plus the Steelers first for a top 10 pick. Actually think about that for a second and then punch yourself in the face.

Ben is gotta get traded to Oakland. You watch Rorbotron. You watch, AL DAVIS IS MUTHA>>>F"N NUTS!

Am I out of my damn mind? Absolutely not. That is why I would not ask for anything less than BR plus the Steelers #18 pick for our #7. And I bet you that all other teams would be thinking the same way. It is you who are delusional if you think BR would return what you claim in a trade. You are looking at this with Urine colored glasses.

I agree that I doubt that he is traded, but if he is, I would wager it would be along the lines of what I suggest and no where near what you think. The Dude is now a liability and the owner may be willing to take whatever bargain basement price he can get. And if he asks for more, the other owners/GMs in the NFL will be trying to cut his throat on a deal. Earth to Rorbotron!

Am I out of my damn mind? Absolutely not. That is why I would not ask for anything less than BR plus the Steelers #18 pick for our #7. And I bet you that all other teams would be thinking the same way. It is you who are delusional if you think BR would return what you claim in a trade. You are looking at this with Urine colored glasses.

I agree that I doubt that he is traded, but if he is, I would wager it would be along the lines of what I suggest and no where near what you think.

Amusing. You are absolutely out of your mind or at the very least football Retarded. Absolutely NO WAY the Steelers trade the 18th pick and Big Ben to move up in to the top 10. The fact that you're even suggesting it really brings in to question how you evaluate anything whether it be football or every day dealings. Big Ben plus our 18th lmao.

2 firsts and a starter? That's funny...now who is overvaluing....

I suppose you think holmes was worth a first.

You don't seem to understand how devalued problem players are.

Umm the Steelers were going to cut Holmes so the Steelers organization devalued Holmes all on their own. Plenty of people on this message board labeled it "the biggest rip off ever" so who the hell are you trying to fool? 4 Franchise QB's in the league and Ben is one of them. If he's traded for anything less it's highway robbery.

* still young

i remember ben saying (during his rookie season) that even though he's an ohio native, he always hated the browns. f*ck him, i hope his serial sexual offending @ss gets traded to oakland.

Umm the Steelers were going to cut Holmes so the Steelers organization devalued Holmes all on their own. Plenty of people on this message board labeled it "the biggest rip off ever" so who the hell are you trying to fool? 4 Franchise QB's in the league and Ben is one of them. If he's traded for anything less it's highway robbery.

First there are more franchise quarterbacks in this league then just 4. You are kidding yourself. Look, to quote you you are "football Retarded" if you believe that. There are more than 4 in the afc alone. Second its all the other teams in the nfl that set the value for what benjamin is worth not the steelers. He has become damaged goods now that the dreaded charactar issues have piled up on him. No team in the NFL, (acception the raiders) will have him valued as being worth two first rounders and a current starting player. Now if i were a steeler fan and we were looking to shop our franchise quarterback i would want everything that i possibly could in return and would probably over value him too. But this is reality not what you would wish to have. Thats why from what schefter is reporting the steelers would want to trade him for a top ten pick and thats all in pretty much a heart beat. They realize what the realistic value is of him now. Now before everything then yes he would have been worth possibly 2 first rounders but now his value has decreased dramatically. A team that would take him on now would be taking a big chance.

First there are more franchise quarterbacks in this league then just 4. You are kidding yourself. Look, to quote you you are "football Retarded" if you believe that. There are more than 4 in the afc alone. Second its all the other teams in the nfl that set the value for what benjamin is worth not the steelers. He has become damaged goods now that the dreaded charactar issues have piled up on him. No team in the NFL, (acception the raiders) will have him valued as being worth two first rounders and a current starting player. Now if i were a steeler fan and we were looking to shop our franchise quarterback i would want everything that i possibly could in return and would probably over value him too. But this is reality not what you would wish to have. Thats why from what schefter is reporting the steelers would want to trade him for a top ten pick and thats all in pretty much a heart beat. They realize what the realistic value is of him now. Now before everything then yes he would have been worth possibly 2 first rounders but now his value has decreased dramatically. A team that would take him on now would be taking a big chance.

I should alter my terminology or at least my proposed definition of Franchise QB. Franchise QB's that have proven they can win the big game when the game is placed squarely on their shoulders. Yes I would consider Flacco a franchise QB, Palmer even though he can't muster a win when it matters most. You then have Matt Ryan, Rodgers etc. Yes I agree but there are only 4 QB's in the league currently with the hardware and the undeniable ability to win football games. As far as his value is considered no team in the NFL would be "taking a chance" by trading for Big Ben. He's not Pacman Jones or Micheal Vick. He can't keep his dick in his pants, all of which should all be corrected at this point considered the no doubt unexpected backlash. Teams want to say his value has decreased dramatically so they can rob him from the Steelers. The fact of the matter is this, the Rooney's aren't going to unload him for just a top 10 pick this year. They are fully aware that he's worth much more and a already went on the record in saying that he deserves a second chance and he's going to work to prove he deserves that chance. It was said in both Art Sr. and Art Jr's press conferences. He's not going anywhere. The Steelers are just putting the feelers out for a Hershel Walker esque trade, one that likely won't arrive. The end.

Amusing. You are absolutely out of your mind or at the very least football Retarded. Absolutely NO WAY the Steelers trade the 18th pick and Big Ben to move up in to the top 10. The fact that you're even suggesting it really brings in to question how you evaluate anything whether it be football or every day dealings. Big Ben plus our 18th lmao.

What's so funny? It doesn't seem out of the question. I am tired and sick hearing of Roethlisberger's name plastered over the headlines I wish the Steelers do trade him.

What's so funny? It doesn't seem out of the question. I am tired and sick hearing of Roethlisberger's name plastered over the headlines I wish the Steelers do trade him.

Of course it's out of the question. The Steelers AREN'T going to trade Big Ben and the 18th pick to move up in to the top 10. It won't be with the Rams, they've already said they aren't interested which takes Bradford off the table. I wouldn't be happy with Bradford under center which then leaves guys like Clausen who I also want no part of...If the Steelers trade Ben they will retain the 18th selection in the draft, to imply otherwise is absolutely ridiculous and only something that would exist the mouth of someone from Cleveland.

You say we're drinkin the koolaide?

You lost the little bit of respect I had for you. You inability to remain objective is why you're defending a rapist

Who is this directed towards? The message board is all jacked up for me, for whatever reason. I can see the OP post and then every post made after I have to physically click on to read.

Of course it's out of the question. The Steelers AREN'T going to trade Big Ben and the 18th pick to move up in to the top 10. It won't be with the Rams, they've already said they aren't interested which takes Bradford off the table. I wouldn't be happy with Bradford under center which then leaves guys like Clausen who I also want no part of...If the Steelers trade Ben they will retain the 18th selection in the draft, to imply otherwise is absolutely ridiculous and only something that would exist the mouth of someone from Cleveland.

You're ridiculous. You are telling you wouldn't take a first rounder for roethlisberger? Wow,what a f.uckin homo.

In a normal situation, you would be right. If BR did not have 2 rape accusations against him, didn't have a 4--6-more game suspension over his head, if he wasn't ordered to undergo a barrage of psychological evaluations, if he hadn't become the pariah that he has become...if he were a choir boy, an Eagle Scout....you would be right.

But all those things ARE happening to him. He is a pariah....even in the city he plays in.

He is a commodity, just like the housing market. And just like the housing market, BRs value has crash landed. He is being threatened with foreclosure and condemnation. He has become a ghetto unto himself.

Ain't nobody nowhere nohow gonna give what you think they should give for him.

And, if you believe what you say, I have a deal for you: See, there is this bridge.....

Archived