THE BROWNS BOARD

2nd ROUND PICK???

beare

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
McCoy or Mays.

What other recent Notre Dame QB fell down the draft boards till we picked him...?

Good point ... scary. And to tell you the truth between Clausen & Brady Quinn, I think I'd favor Quinn. I mostly hated Quinns gay fan following ... that was cheessy drippy gay.

I'm hoping the Browns trade 1 or maybe 2 of their 2nd round FA tenders + a 3rd to add another early 2nd rounder. I would slobber all over myself if they did!!!

With almost 20 hours between rounds 1 & 2, a LOT can (and probably will) happen. We'll see.

Mike

Colt McCoy is going to be a Brown

Tim Tebow...... Brady Quinn is another race.... The Broncos moved up to get him they must not think much of Quinn

This is a great point because, frankly, it makes NO sense whatsoever.

You don't spend a first round pick on a project.

You spend a first round pick to make your team better now.

If you plan on using Tebow because he "intrigues" you as a WildDawg QB then he has to be your #2 on game day. Does that mean that you just gave up compensation for Brady Quinn who will be inactive/#3 on game day?...or....does that mean you just spent a first rounder on a guy who will be the #3 QB on game day and playing special teams?

Either way, it makes NO sense whatsoever but it DOES reinforce the incredible amount of hubris and ego that Josh McDaniels has that has already resulted in him saving face by trading away a Pro Bowl QB and a Pro Bowl WR. There's a pattern here folks and it may lead to unemployment.

im in training right now so im not sure if he got picked but Lamar Houston would be a dream pickup. Jerry Hughes is right up there too.

Id like to get McCoy but i would try to hold off until the 3rd it wouldnt break my heart if we didnt get him figuring I like Zac Robinson better.

Lamar Houston is a one-gap player. He doesn't fit the Browns' 3-4 (even though I love me some Houston). Zac Robinson isn't even in my top ten QBs. He makes horrible decisions under college pressure. His arm is average. Jerry Hughes went to the Colts (great player).

I would like to see us adress the OLB and Safety positions first, but if there is a DT that is a beast yet to be had we need to grab him.

If we want to win we will need a solid run stop defense to go with the shutdown corner we just picked.

After the defense is taken care of we need an O-Lineman and a QB.

We have to many needs to fill all of the cracks in this draft unless your able to trade somebody for multiple picks. preferably in the 2nd or 3rd round.

I still believe DQ is at his maximum value & the Rams need help at LB. Hopefully, we can work up a package to get their 1st 2nd round pick AND keep ours. Then we could get one of the guys nmills mentioned PLUS Colt & this draft would be a success with even MORE picks remaining.

Mike

Ive been thinking kind of the same thing. How awesome would it be to be able to pick up an early extra second round pick and keep ours. Land McCoy if Holmy really likes him as it seems to be the case and then use the other pick to help sure us the defense either at defensive end or Safety preferably! Talk about Happy Endings for everyone!!!! DQ and a pick or two are probably our pawn pieces to get this done. I say get it done Holmy!

The more and more i think about it the more i think i want mays really bad which surprises me because i wasnt that big on him before but now the circumstances have changed. With the talent at corner now we will be able to cheat a safety up a lot in the box. And how perfect could mays be for that role playing like a 5th linebacker which he already basically is but with the speed of a high end defensive back. With the mind of Ryan this would give him another nice piece. Im starting to think its the way we should go and would love to see it happen. I wouldnt mind seeing something happen at defensive end either!

Terrence Cody, Taylor Mays, Morgan Burnett, Ciron Black, Daryl Washington, Golden Tate I'd be happy with any of these guys.

I am thinking Cody myself.

Then that would free us up to trade Rogers for another 2nd round pick....I don't think his airport charges are going to create a big problem for the guy, so some team might be willing to make the swap.

That or go OL and take the OT from Indiana...can't think of his name at the moment.

.............. The more and more i think about it the more i think i want mays really bad which surprises me because i wasnt that big on him before but now the circumstances have changed. With the talent at corner now we will be able to cheat a safety up a lot in the box. And how perfect could mays be for that role playing like a 5th linebacker which he already basically is but with the speed of a high end defensive back. With the mind of Ryan this would give him another nice piece. Im starting to think its the way we should go and would love to see it happen. I wouldnt mind seeing something happen at defensive end either!

I agree that I now want Mays and I definately didn't want him in the first round, but the circumstances have changed because of our corner acqusisitions. Yes, DE help/stud is alaso a high goal.

I keep reading profiles on Mays...

and he doesn't fit. I don't think he fits the SMART player,

SUPER work ethic "mold".

Seems like, I can't tell if Mays Loves the Game... or not.

I'd pass.

I keep reading profiles on Mays...

and he doesn't fit. I don't think he fits the SMART player,

SUPER work ethic "mold".

Seems like, I can't tell if Mays Loves the Game... or not.

I'd pass.

Good point, and timely, especially after I just got done reading how Haden impressed the Browns brass at Berea with his love for the game, clean personality, and determination. I liked how they described it as they could feel the intensity in the room when interviewing Haden. Yes, you may be right, Mays doesn't fit this mold, I don't believe.

I just want to see Mays take Hines Wards head off ... but I guess I could take pleasure in that no matter what uniform he is wearing.

I think Kam Chancellor would be a good third round pick for the Browns.. maybe, there are other safeties....

but Brown moves to safety? Wow. Dynamic new secondary !

The Browns second pick, proving all my mocks completely doofus, except for the one or two I picked Haden, GGG

will be Colt. I have wanted an OT like Veldhees sp? ... but it seems that McCoy is meant to be a Cleveland Brown after all,

it seems Ballpeen has been right.

I thought he was very "short", and it seems he is actually 6' 3".

but, he has the arm Lefeavor sp? (it's early), Charlie Frye, etc, wishes they had.

I'm starting to figure that Holmgren and co, love this kid for GOOD REASON:

It's Colt McCoy, if he's even there:

http://www.mynfldraft.com/NFL-Draft-Profiles/2010/Colt-McCoy

I think Kam Chancellor would be a good third round pick for the Browns.. maybe, there are other safeties....

The Browns second pick, proving all my mocks completely doofus, except for the one or two I picked Haden, GGG

will be Colt. I have wanted an OT like Veldhees sp? ... but it seems that McCoy is meant to be a Cleveland Brown after all,

but, he has the arm Lefeavor sp? (it's early), Charlie Frye, etc, wishes they had.

His official draft height is 6'1''

His official draft height is 6'1'' Brownsbacker85

Yeah, that is what is says in my draft mag, too.

I don't know, but it seems he certainly played behind his oline like he was 6' 3"...

we just hafta go with this smart F.O. and coaching staff.

We haven't been used to being able to do that, I know. ;)

I just hope we realize to avoid Clausen. It should be a strong signal to any clausen lovers what the people who know the NFL most truly think of him. I bet for sure someone comes into the early 2nd and picks him up, but we shall see. It's hilarious to me that Kiper had Clausen as the 4th best prospect overall and yet this happened. S

I think good value at this point would be cody or sergio kindle (I don't think he'll be there) but the way this draft is going who knows. I wouldn't mind Mccoy but half of me thinks he'll be there start of the 3rd/late 2nd to scoop up.

Random side note: Did anyone else realize how much the Big 12 dominated the 1st round this year? five of the top 6 six were from the Big 12, and 9 picks overall.

I just hope we realize to avoid Clausen. It should be a strong signal to any clausen lovers what the people who know the NFL most truly think of him. I bet for sure someone comes into the early 2nd and picks him up, but we shall see. It's hilarious to me that Kiper had Clausen as the 4th best prospect overall and yet this happened. S

I didn't watch the ESPN coverage of the draft but I heard Kiper about went into cardiac arrest because Clausen didn't get picked last night.

I agree cal on your take on Mays. Those were kind of my feelings also on him and i too am not sure he is our front office's type of guy. As far as the hardwork goes i think he's one of the hardest workers in the draft when it comes to working out but i think the question on him for our front office is just how much of a student of the game is he? That i think is the big question on if they feel he will be a good fit. I do think though if he puts the time into his game and is willing to be coached up he is a great fit! We will see but i dont think it matters if Colt McCoy is on the board because i think he is almost definately ours if he is.

The other thing is this draft is so loaded at safety they can proabably wait till the 3rd or 5th also and still get a possible starter. As far as Kam Chancellor goes i have watched him a lot the last few years and always thought he would be a nice addition for us. But i havent been as high on him anymore after hearing most nfl scouts dont project him as a safety but as an undersized linebacker who needs to bulk up. He is projected to be a 5th or 6th rounder now due to the fact that most teams dont know if he will be a line backer or safety and his lack of speed in coverage. I think in the sixth or late 5th he is worth a chance but im not that big on him anymore. Another option at safety though that i wouldnt mind is major wright. Im starting to think that he may be a solid fit for us too.

Terrence Cody, Taylor Mays, Morgan Burnett, Ciron Black, Daryl Washington, Golden Tate I'd be happy with any of these guys.

I am thinking Cody might be one hell of a pick. Note first off that he did play in a power conference....he was the rock on the defensive line of the national champion......and he was schooled by a great defensive mind with pro connections: Nick Saban.

There are no guarantees on anyone, but, to me, this guy seems like a real prime choice right now at a position the Browns need.

I didn't watch the ESPN coverage of the draft but I heard Kiper about went into cardiac arrest because Clausen didn't get picked last night.

haha pretty much man. He basically defended himself for like 15 minutes despite no one calling him out about it. It was pretty pathetic.

Archived