THE BROWNS BOARD

Steeler Fans Think They've Hit the Lottery

I was just over at a Steeler board and they are ecstatic with their pick of Pouncey. I will admit, he's a pretty solid pick up. We have no idea how he will work out though, just like with Mack. However, they are all talking trash about how he is loads better than Alex Mack and how they are all happy that we got Mack, just knowing that he will fail. A year ago, they were all crying that the Browns got him and hated that we traded down for him. Know, they think he is nothing. It's one of the most ridiculous things I have ever heard in my life. Then again, it is coming from bandwagon Steeler fans. I guess they all just jumped on the Pouncey bandwagon after falling off the one for Mack.

Also, did anyone else see the tape of Pouncey? He and his family look like the biggest bunch of hillbillies in the world. They will fit in nicely in Pittsburgh.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

our guy did OTA's, camp, preseason, and reg season--essentially a double season compared to what he was used to--and started every game with no significant drop-off from Fraley to him. by the end of the year it could be argued he exceeded Hank physically.

i'd say that's pretty damn awesome year one.

let's see how Pouncey handles it for them, cuz it CAN'T be easy to do that in the AFCN...especially with Shaun Rogers leading the welcoming committee.

Alex Mack is a stud. no discussion needed.

A center that can snap the ball and then pull around the edge and lead Cribbs is a beast. Not to mention he was mullllllling people while doing it.

The Steelers need line help, the pick makes sense, but he has big shoes to fill to be compared to what we have in A. Mack (In what he has shown and his potential moving forward).

our guy did OTA's, camp, preseason, and reg season--essentially a double season compared to what he was used to--and started every game with no significant drop-off from Fraley to him. by the end of the year it could be argued he exceeded Hank physically.

i'd say that's pretty damn awesome year one.

let's see how Pouncey handles it for them, cuz it CAN'T be easy to do that in the AFCN...especially with Shaun Rogers leading the welcoming committee.

Assuming Rogers doesn't miss half or most of the season. Either way you're hitting the wrong Steelers message board. Yes people like the Pouncey pick but no one, at least not on my primary board are throwing Mack under the bus. I definitely wanted Alex Mack and plenty of others felt the same. Two good centers.

Werent they making fun of us last year for taking a center that high, then this year they take one. Isnt it Ironic

What? Plenty of people wanted Mack last year and Toxic they'll start him at guard for a year so he can learn all the calls and move him to center next year. I also don't think we need more line help. Starks, Kemo, Hartwig, Pouncey, Colon. Sounds good to me.

EDIT: I'd also like Damien Williams and Legarette Blount at some point today, but I imagine they'll go corner and wait for Blount on Saturday.

Pouncey was one of the safest picks of the first round. As the draft grew closer, mocks had him going as high as 11 or 12 overall. He is a starter from day 1 reguardless of the team that drafted him, whether its at C or RG. He is 6'4 304 pounds, and doesn't turn 21 until the end of July, but still has 3 years of starter experience with the Florida Gators. Pouncey is another center in our long tradition of great, durable centers.

I was just over at a Steeler board and they are ecstatic with their pick of Pouncey. I will admit, he's a pretty solid pick up. We have no idea how he will work out though, just like with Mack. However, they are all talking trash about how he is loads better than Alex Mack and how they are all happy that we got Mack, just knowing that he will fail. A year ago, they were all crying that the Browns got him and hated that we traded down for him. Know, they think he is nothing. It's one of the most ridiculous things I have ever heard in my life. Then again, it is coming from bandwagon Steeler fans. I guess they all just jumped on the Pouncey bandwagon after falling off the one for Mack.

Also, did anyone else see the tape of Pouncey? He and his family look like the biggest bunch of hillbillies in the world. They will fit in nicely in Pittsburgh.

blaaaaa blaaa.... They were ALL crying ? lol... And I am pretty Sure most of us were NOT Happy at all about not getting Mack. seriously this post is stupid bs !

blaaaaa blaaa.... They were ALL crying ? lol... And I am pretty Sure most of us were NOT Happy at all about not getting Mack. seriously this post is stupid bs !

So is the fact that you spend more time over here on a different team's board anymore than you do shagging your sister...

Jes H Che-rist... get a damn hobby. U have issues.

So is the fact that you spend more time over here on a different team's board anymore than you do shagging your sister...

There you go Keep Rolling out the same tired response. You Brain-dead jackal. AGAIN ,,,did you know you too can Open MORE Than one window at a time ?? And Post on More the one Board ??? Yes seriously , you can. and my 3.74 posts a day are Blistering .... Dumbarse of the day Goes to You BBF.

All the good Steeler discussions are on this board, since Browns fans obsess about the Steelers more than Steelers fans do. I am not kidding, look at the number of threads about the Steelers on here and look who starts them, is all I'm sayin.....

Now back to football! Pouncey pick made sense, though I don't like him as much as I liked Mack before the draft last year but he could be damn good. They do like linemen who can play more than one position. Pgh likes a long apprenticeship but their OL stinks so my bet is Pouncey does not get one.

All the good Steeler discussions are on this board, since Browns fans obsess about the Steelers more than Steelers fans do. I am not kidding, look at the number of threads about the Steelers on here and look who starts them, is all I'm sayin.....

Now back to football! Pouncey pick made sense, though I don't like him as much as I liked Mack before the draft last year but he could be damn good. They do like linemen who can play more than one position. Pgh likes a long apprenticeship but their OL stinks so my bet is Pouncey does not get one.

DING DING DING !!! Thank you. Stinking losers like to whine that we >Invade> their precious space. Yet as you stated all these discussions about Pittsburgh. If you dont want us here , just stop talking Pittsburgh Football. Otherwise. I dont come here and Run the Browns into the Ground. I talk football. By the way I Like the McCoy Pick... good fit.

Actually, this simply indicates that all the Steeler fans think about and talk about are the Browns. This is the Browns Board, and all these Steeler trolls can think about the Steelers is how they relate to the Browns. Otherwise, the Steelers are vapor and are not worth discussing, so apparently they must all come here for validation.

Actually, this simply indicates that all the Steeler fans think about and talk about are the Browns. This is the Browns Board, and all these Steeler trolls can think about the Steelers is how they relate to the Browns. Otherwise, the Steelers are vapor and are not worth discussing, so apparently they must all come here for validation.

No offense man. But the Browns have been a Joke and Laughing stock for a long time now. We come here to see all the ridiculous accusations , whining , and the ever present Green Monster. Now You guys love football and all... But quit acting like your team is Cutting edge and ultra relevant. On the Path ?? I think probably so ...but the thought process that we are obsessed with Your team ...lol. Now we might be somewhat obsessed with your Insane observations and all , but go to our Boards you dont see 4 and 5 Threads running the Browns into the ground. Gezz you hardly ever see ONE. Obsess away boys... it is You very Identity. And I dont mean each and every one of you just that Large handful of you who act insane daily. We ALL Know who you are.

No offense man. But the Browns have been a Joke and Laughing stock for a long time now. We come here to see all the ridiculous accusations , whining , and the ever present Green Monster. Now You guys love football and all... But quit acting like your team is Cutting edge and ultra relevant. On the Path ?? I think probably so ...but the thought process that we are obsessed with Your team ...lol. Now we might be somewhat obsessed with your Insane observations and all , but go to our Boards you dont see 4 and 5 Threads running the Browns into the ground. Gezz you hardly ever see ONE. Obsess away boys... it is You very Identity. And I dont mean each and every one of you just that Large handful of you who act insane daily. We ALL Know who you are.

Here is my point: I have NEVER been to your boards, because I don't care about the Steelers. I come here to talk Browns. Anyone and everyone who comes here comes here to talk Browns. Ergo, as far as I am concerned you care about the Browns if you are here.. The Browns are the only relevent team associated with this board. Every other team is "just an opponent". Nothing more, nothing less.

If you were not obsessed about the Browns, then do what I do with the Steeler boards...not give them one thought in your mind. If the Steelers are being run into the ground, it is the national media that is doing it far more than anyone here is.

If I see a Steeler thread, or a Raven thread, or a Bengal thread, or any other teams thread, I will discuss those teams, being Browns opponents after all. If we had a torrent of Raven or Bengals fans on here we would whackass them here the same way we do you all.

But, since we don't see many of them we assume that they are not overly obsessed about the Browns the way Steeler fans apparently are obsessed about the Browns (and by the way, both of those teams, having made the playoffs last year are, apparently, more formidable opponents than the Steelers are). Steeler trolls generate Steeler talk here by incessantly participating. It might actually be refreshing to have some participation by the Division Champions and division runnerup faithful, rather than having to play whack-a-mole with the same old Steeler Gomer patrol.

Here is my point: I have NEVER been to your boards, because I don't care about the Steelers. I come here to talk Browns. Anyone and everyone who comes here comes here to talk Browns. Ergo, as far as I am concerned you care about the Browns if you are here.. The Browns are the only relevent team associated with this board. Every other team is "just an opponent". Nothing more, nothing less.

If you were not obsessed about the Browns, then do what I do with the Steeler boards...not give them one thought in your mind. If the Steelers are being run into the ground, it is the national media that is doing it far more than anyone here is.

If I see a Steeler thread, or a Raven thread, or a Bengal thread, or any other teams thread, I will discuss those teams, being Browns opponents after all. If we had a torrent of Raven or Bengals fans on here we would whackass them here the same way we do you all.

But, since we don't see many of them we assume that they are not overly obsessed about the Browns the way Steeler fans apparently are obsessed about the Browns (and by the way, both of those teams, having made the playoffs last year are, apparently, more formidable opponents than the Steelers are). Steeler trolls generate Steeler talk here by incessantly participating. It might actually be refreshing to have some participation by the Division Champions and division runnerup faithful, rather than having to play whack-a-mole with the same old Steeler Gomer patrol.

No Steeler fan is obsessed with the Browns beyond the long, hearty/heated rivalry. It's very easy to sit at the top and rain down insults which is why some find their way to this board to stir the pot. You don't go to Steeler boards because what the hell would you have to say? Beyond the more recent controversy. The ONLY reason I'm here is for division rival information. I also check a Ravens board on occasion, as well as a Bengal board. Although I don't post much on either. I went to college in Ohio (Kent State) to be specific so I've dealt with Browns fans plenty. Some of my best friends are diehard Browns fans. Also to say you don't "care" about the Steelers is a bold faced lie. Funny that a majority of the Steeler related threads over the last 2 months have been created by Browns fans. Hell it's almost always that way around here.

Archived