THE BROWNS BOARD

Steeler Fans Think They've Hit the Lottery

No Steeler fan is obsessed with the Browns beyond the long, hearty/heated rivalry.

Actions speak louder than words. All y'all proclaimed there was no "rivalry" because you had beaten the Browns like 10 times in a row. Yet, here you are, yabbering constantly about this "non-rival" of yours.

It's very easy to sit at the top and rain down insults (actually it is not so easy, I try to be fairly creative in my insults. It is quite a developed skill)

which is why some find their way to this board to stir the pot. You don't go to Steeler boards because what the hell would you have to say?

I could say anything there that I choose to say here I imagine. I am not usually at a loss for words. It is not worth my time though, as I suspect the Steeler boards are a barren wasteland. It seems all their fans are here.

Beyond the more recent controversy. The ONLY reason I'm here is for division rival information. I also check a Ravens board on occasion, as well as a Bengal board. Although I don't post much on either. I went to college in Ohio (Kent State) to be specific so I've dealt with Browns fans plenty. Some of my best friends are diehard Browns fans. Also to say you don't "care" about the Steelers is a bold faced lie.

It is not a lie, only a variation on interpretation. I am a Browns fan and that is it. The Steelers are only important as a rival hopefully to be beaten (I am not quite sure why you don't get that). If things had happened differently back in 1970 say, and it had been the Browns and the Detroit Lions who had agreed to move together to the AFC instead of the Steelers, then it would have been the Lions perhaps that would have been an important rival to the Browns now, and I would be giving no more thought to the Steelers now than I actually give to the Lions now. (and FYI, the Lions were in fact as big or bigger a rival of the Browns than the Steelers. Remember, the two teams played each other in 4 different NFL title games...and Detroit actually is closer to Cleveland than Pittsburgh is.)

Funny that a majority of the Steeler related threads over the last 2 months have been created by Browns fans. Hell it's almost always that way around here.

What do you mean? All they are doing is providing "division rival" information. That is the only reason there are any Steeler threads. Trust me, Browns fan feel as deep a rivalry with the Ravens as they do with Steelers. I remember a day when a Steeler fan couldn't get a word in edgewise around here what with the vitriol going on between Browns fans and the Crow-Mags (subhuman species known to root for stupid blackbirds and were dumb enough to think Art Modell was a good businessman). What is the difference now? Crow-Mags were semi-smart enough to know when to cut their losses and run. Steeler fans cannot be called semi-smart.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Here is my point: I have NEVER been to your boards, because I don't care about the Steelers. I come here to talk Browns. Anyone and everyone who comes here comes here to talk Browns. Ergo, as far as I am concerned you care about the Browns if you are here.. The Browns are the only relevent team associated with this board. Every other team is "just an opponent". Nothing more, nothing less.

If you were not obsessed about the Browns, then do what I do with the Steeler boards...not give them one thought in your mind. If the Steelers are being run into the ground, it is the national media that is doing it far more than anyone here is.

If I see a Steeler thread, or a Raven thread, or a Bengal thread, or any other teams thread, I will discuss those teams, being Browns opponents after all. If we had a torrent of Raven or Bengals fans on here we would whackass them here the same way we do you all.

But, since we don't see many of them we assume that they are not overly obsessed about the Browns the way Steeler fans apparently are obsessed about the Browns (and by the way, both of those teams, having made the playoffs last year are, apparently, more formidable opponents than the Steelers are). Steeler trolls generate Steeler talk here by incessantly participating. It might actually be refreshing to have some participation by the Division Champions and division runnerup faithful, rather than having to play whack-a-mole with the same old Steeler Gomer patrol.

WE DONT TALK ABOUT YOU GUYs on the Steeler Boards. Why would you come ? And I was invited over here BY Browns Fans. They were Happy and proud of the Mudslinging and wanted me to see it. And by and Large you guys are fun. But in all honesty If you were not CONSTANTLY Talking STEELER Football I wouldnt have much to say at all. And I have to think the other Steeler Fans here are in the same Boat.

No Steeler fan is obsessed with the Browns beyond the long, hearty/heated rivalry. It's very easy to sit at the top and rain down insults which is why some find their way to this board to stir the pot. You don't go to Steeler boards because what the hell would you have to say? Beyond the more recent controversy. The ONLY reason I'm here is for division rival information. I also check a Ravens board on occasion, as well as a Bengal board. Although I don't post much on either. I went to college in Ohio (Kent State) to be specific so I've dealt with Browns fans plenty. Some of my best friends are diehard Browns fans. Also to say you don't "care" about the Steelers is a bold faced lie. Funny that a majority of the Steeler related threads over the last 2 months have been created by Browns fans. Hell it's almost always that way around here.

Lets see How many posts Gipper has on "Steeler Topics" Seriously. Come on man.. totally asinine .

Recent Posts (Page 1) Steeler Topics 10 Other Topics 14. Doesnt exactly steer Clear of "Steeler" Stuff. Come on Brother it BURNS deep in your soul....

WE DONT TALK ABOUT YOU GUYs on the Steeler Boards. Why would you come ? And I was invited over here BY Browns Fans. They were Happy and proud of the Mudslinging and wanted me to see it. And by and Large you guys are fun. But in all honesty If you were not CONSTANTLY Talking STEELER Football I wouldnt have much to say at all. And I have to think the other Steeler Fans here are in the same Boat.

I wouldn't come. I don't care if you talk about "You Guys" (by that, I assume you mean the Browns). But I bet if hoards of Browns fan were over on those boards huffin' and puffin' about the Browns, the way you guys do here about the Steelers, you would talk an awful lot about the Browns. I never talk "Steeler football" except in response to Steeler fans who barrage this place. The only thing I may have done recently is provide some fairly generic legal information about the BR case.

Go back and look at the threads that I have started. None of it is about the Steelers that is for sure.

I mean, I am sorry, but ALL you guys seem to want to do is gurgle about how great the Steelers are.

How often have any of you participated in the surveys that I have done on Mondays? (Almost none of which is about the Browns)

How often do any of you participate in the trivia that I post which are nearly always about general sports subjects?

I mean, in reality, you only seem to care about the blubbering about the Steelers.....and then you complain because maybe someone here blubbers in response to you.

Go ahead, try the next trivia test. I dare you.

Then go ahead and give your opinion on the next survey.

I just posted a whole thing about numbers worn by athletes.

Do you think any of you will give an opinion on that subject?

Do any of you have any opinions beyond "we're great, you suck"?

There are plenty of opportunities for you to participate on this board without devolving into the us agin them mentality.

Lets see How many posts Gipper has on "Steeler Topics" Seriously. Come on man.. totally asinine .

Recent Posts (Page 1) Steeler Topics 10 Other Topics 14. Doesnt exactly steer Clear of "Steeler" Stuff. Come on Brother it BURNS deep in your soul....

I never said for a second that I would "steer clear" of Steeler stuff. I said I never start any of it...and that if no one else ever brought these subjects up, I wouldn't talk about it. But since they do bring it up, I do talk about it.

You've come here to get a can opened on you. All I am doing is providing the church key.

I wouldn't come. I don't care if you talk about "You Guys" (by that, I assume you mean the Browns). But I bet if hoards of Browns fan were over on those boards huffin' and puffin' about the Browns, the way you guys do here about the Steelers, you would talk an awful lot about the Browns. I never talk "Steeler football" except in response to Steeler fans who barrage this place. The only thing I may have done recently is provide some fairly generic legal information about the BR case.

Go back and look at the threads that I have started. None of it is about the Steelers that is for sure.

I mean, I am sorry, but ALL you guys seem to want to do is gurgle about how great the Steelers are.

How often have any of you participated in the surveys that I have done on Mondays? (Almost none of which is about the Browns)

How often do any of you participate in the trivia that I post which are nearly always about general sports subjects?

I mean, in reality, you only seem to care about the blubbering about the Steelers.....and then you complain because maybe someone here blubbers in response to you.

Go ahead, try the next trivia test. I dare you.

Then go ahead and give your opinion on the next survey.

I just posted a whole thing about numbers worn by athletes.

Do you think any of you will give an opinion on that subject?

Do any of you have any opinions beyond "we're great, you suck"?

There are plenty of opportunities for you to participate on this board without devolving into the us agin them mentality.

Gipper ... agree the SOME maybe more than Some fall in that category. I and a few others are VERY Level headed about the "Greatness" of our Steelers. I dont care for the Trash talk and riddling of your team. I DONT take part in it. I call Cleveland Cleveland and the Browns the Browns. I dont take part in that stuff. And a few others dont as well. I have come to enjoy many of you guys. Though I do get agitated ... and lash out now and then at the constant blitzkrieg of hate and disrespect in our direction. But I also understand where its coming from.

Gipper ... agree the SOME maybe more than Some fall in that category. I and a few others are VERY Level headed about the "Greatness" of our Steelers. I dont care for the Trash talk and riddling of your team. I DONT take part in it. I call Cleveland Cleveland and the Browns the Browns. I dont take part in that stuff. And a few others dont as well. I have come to enjoy many of you guys. Though I do get agitated ... and lash out now and then at the constant blitzkrieg of hate and disrespect in our direction. But I also understand where its coming from.

As I see it, it is simply a tit for tat thing. You come on here trash talking and we respond. That is natural I suppose. If you want to give a blitzkrieg of hate and disrespect, better be willing to take it in return.

Beyond that, figure this: the BR story has been the biggest thing in the NFL for two months now practically.

Yea, Browns fans, being as the Steelers are a Browns rivals, have hammered the guy. But probably by no means worse than he has been hammered by the national media and the home folk. Yet a few of you seem to take offense to Browns fans hammering him, when all we have done is join the party. (and like BR's entourage, we expect to be comped!! :rolleyes: )

As I see it, it is simply a tit for tat thing. You come on here trash talking and we respond. That is natural I suppose. If you want to give a blitzkrieg of hate and disrespect, better be willing to take it in return.

Beyond that, figure this: the BR story has been the biggest thing in the NFL for two months now practically.

Yea, Browns fans, being as the Steelers are a Browns rivals, have hammered the guy. But probably by no means worse than he has been hammered by the national media and the home folk. Yet a few of you seem to take offense to Browns fans hammering him, when all we have done is join the party. (and like BR's entourage, we expect to be comped!! :rolleyes: )

Fine and dandy... Love how only in court are you presumed Innocent until PROVEN Guilty. But in society's dark alleys you are guilty even after being released from criminal prosecution. Judge not lest You be judged.... Hmm... Means Go ahead and Judge , but God will judge you with the same measure YOU judged others. Which of course only means jack to a person who believes in God. :blink:

When are these guys going to realize this a Browns forum and not a pissburgh forum? Some of them come here to talk football and I have no problem with that but this is the Browns house and we hate the team you love so while we are in our house we can say what we want and do as we please. I know the Browns are getting trashed over there at the squeeler forums but do I care? No. That is they're house and they have a right to say whatever they want but this is Browns turf and we as Browns fans have every right to say or do what we want without caring what any pissburgh fan thinks or has to say about it. No matter how much any of you squeeler fans cry or complain we will never stop. If you dont like coming to the Browns Board and getting picked on then leave, it's that simple. Nobody made you come here and if you dont like what we have to say in our house then tough shyt. We will never change our ways to satisfy a hilljack, inbred, white trash steeler fan.

Fine and dandy... Love how only in court are you presumed Innocent until PROVEN Guilty. But in society's dark alleys you are guilty even after being released from criminal prosecution. Judge not lest You be judged.... Hmm... Means Go ahead and Judge , but God will judge you with the same measure YOU judged others. Which of course only means jack to a person who believes in God. :blink:

Note that only in court can your liberty be denied to you...thus the higher standard of proof. At your job, or in public opinion, yes, by no means does the same stringent standard apply. An NFL player can be reprimanded, suspended, traded, or even cut for any reason deemed appropriate by the league or the team.

(and the Browns have had their share: Donte Stallworth, cut. Edwards, traded. Rogers, about to be suspended. Jennings, about to be cut)

It is a privilege, not a right to play in the NFL.

As far as public opinion, well, people can think anything they want of you. Ain't no stopping them. Give them a reason to think poorly of you and they will.

Judge not lest You be judged.... Hmm... Means Go ahead and Judge , but God will judge you with the same measure YOU judged others. Which of course only means jack to a person who believes in God. FOS

1. The quote, to paraphrase, per the interpretation from the original Hebrew and Greek, is

"judge not lest ye be judged" thing, is about "don't judge other's SALVATION, lest your SALVATION be judged."

Has nothing to do with football, or the Browns, or that team at stinky rivers stadium with the stinky qb and too many

stinky "fans".

2. I think the Browns had a draft, that will far more dramatically help them, than any other team in their division

will have their draft help them. As in, the Browns had far more a weakness in their secondary, sooo.....

Yes, if only he could lead the sophisticated caviar lifestyle of Joe Thomas.

Pouncey will become the next in the long and distinguished line of Steeler centers (after a brief apprenticeship at guard).

Thaddeus Gibson is a stud who will become the next OSU player to star for the Black and Gold, much to the delight of you Ohioans. Enjoy!

Dwyer will go down as the steal of the draft.

lol touche. Sorry Mr. Sixpack but that was supremely executed by Mr. Boozler.

Although I do agree. People are going to quickly shut up about this Pouncey brother kiss when he's sealing running lanes for Mendenhall and Co.

Yes, if only he could lead the sophisticated caviar lifestyle of Joe Thomas.

Pouncey will become the next in the long and distinguished line of Steeler centers (after a brief apprenticeship at guard).

Thaddeus Gibson is a stud who will become the next OSU player to star for the Black and Gold, much to the delight of you Ohioans. Enjoy!

Dwyer will go down as the steal of the draft.

That all remains to be seen, now doesn't it.

And just FYI, the "steal" of the draft will be some guy that isn't drafted at all that goes on to be good/great, like a Tony Romo, Curt Warner, Josh Cribbs. Who knows where that guy will come from.

I was just over at a Steeler board and they are ecstatic with their pick of Pouncey. I will admit, he's a pretty solid pick up. We have no idea how he will work out though, just like with Mack. However, they are all talking trash about how he is loads better than Alex Mack and how they are all happy that we got Mack, just knowing that he will fail. A year ago, they were all crying that the Browns got him and hated that we traded down for him. Know, they think he is nothing. It's one of the most ridiculous things I have ever heard in my life. Then again, it is coming from bandwagon Steeler fans. I guess they all just jumped on the Pouncey bandwagon after falling off the one for Mack.

Also, did anyone else see the tape of Pouncey? He and his family look like the biggest bunch of hillbillies in the world. They will fit in nicely in Pittsburgh.

The two Steeler sites that I visit have said nothing of the sort. We all wanted Mack last year and I would still guess some of the fans are grinding their teeth over not having him as a Steeler. You might have some Steeler fans on the site your visiting talking out of both sides of their mouths about Mack ( one season wanting him and the next season calling him a bust because they didn't pick him up ? ) You have homer fans in every city.

How has Mack develolped for you guys ? I don't keep up with other teams players too much or at all. Back in the day when players started and retired from the same team was nice and you knew the opposing teams players as well as your own but today, I don't even try to keep track. Just with the name alone it seems like Alex Mack will be a fixture for years to come at center.

I don't know too much about Pouncey other than some of the Steeler fans were wanting the Steelers to draft him. From the news reports or media types they say he is pretty good. I'm the type that would have rather signed a true center or a true guard, etc. Some of those jacks of all trades are okay but all that tells me they're not exactly good or tops at one position. Maybe Pouncey is really good and good enough to be what ever he wants to be or play ? I don't think he would have lasted until 18 if that was the case. Dermonti Dawson was a guard shifted to center and that worked out very well. Jeff Hartings was a guard shited to center and that too did well for the Steelers. I just hope Pouncey can become a good to great center because in MHO, a good or great center makes the entire line better.

Pouncey will become the next in the long and distinguished line of Steeler centers... who die before 50 because of booze and steroids.

gibson was barely adequate at osu last season and won't be very good in the pros. he gets pushed around too much and is too inconsistent.

gibson was barely adequate at osu last season and won't be very good in the pros. he gets pushed around too much and is too inconsistent.

I believe they also intend to move him inside. I don't know a ton about him to be honest but the Steelers drafted him for a reason so I guess we'll find out.

Judge not lest You be judged.... Hmm... Means Go ahead and Judge , but God will judge you with the same measure YOU judged others. Which of course only means jack to a person who believes in God. FOS

1. The quote, to paraphrase, per the interpretation from the original Hebrew and Greek, is

"judge not lest ye be judged" thing, is about "don't judge other's SALVATION, lest your SALVATION be judged."

Has nothing to do with football, or the Browns, or that team at stinky rivers stadium with the stinky qb and too many

stinky "fans".

2. I think the Browns had a draft, that will far more dramatically help them, than any other team in their division

will have their draft help them. As in, the Browns had far more a weakness in their secondary, sooo.....

No Its about more than ones "Salvation" it about Everyday life. Its about how you live and how harsh you look at others.

No Its about more than ones "Salvation" it about Everyday life. Its about how you live and how harsh you look at others.

Reminds me of the line from Casablanca where Mr. Ugati asks Rick: "You despise me, don't you Rick?"

And Rick's reply was: "If I gave you any thought, I probably would".

So, there is a lesson in there....for BR and for Steeler fans: Don't give people any reason to give you any thought.

Reminds me of the line from Casablanca where Mr. Ugati asks Rick: "You despise me, don't you Rick?"

So, there is a lesson in there....for BR and for Steeler fans: Don't give people any reason to give you any thought

I get it. We just need to tell the Rooney's and the Steelers to stop winning football games. What you really meant to say or at least should have said is it's a lesson to you and the Browns fan base. Time after time it's someone from the Brown and Orange starting a thread and rarely the other way around. If I were you I'd take your own advice. Unless of course whatever you or anyone else is going to post is constructive and worth discussing.

I get it. We just need to tell the Rooney's and the Steelers to stop winning football games. What you really meant to say or at least should have said is it's a lesson to you and the Browns fan base. Time after time it's someone from the Brown and Orange starting a thread and rarely the other way around. If I were you I'd take your own advice. Unless of course whatever you or anyone else is going to post is constructive and worth discussing.

No, I don't think you get it. Or maybe I didn't express it clearly enough for you. ( I know Steeler fans were not educated to read between the lines).

Perhaps now, I will use a line from another movie, and I will explain to you like you're a 4 year old (Denzel Washington, Philadelphia):

If you are going to do things that are likely to put you in a bad public light, like going to college bars and getting chicks drunk and then doing who knows what to them....or going through airport security with a loaded gun in your carry on...or getting into fights in bars....or shooting yourself in the leg...or getting drunk and running over people with your car....or etc. etc. etc....

THEN, people WILL give you some thought....and will probably despise you.

Duh.

So, there is a lesson in there....for BR and for Steeler fans: Don't give people any reason to give you any thought

hmmmm.... I would like that.

No, I don't think you get it. Or maybe I didn't express it clearly enough for you. ( I know Steeler fans were not educated to read between the lines).

Perhaps now, I will use a line from another movie, and I will explain to you like you're a 4 year old (Denzel Washington, Philadelphia):

If you are going to do things that are likely to put you in a bad public light, like going to college bars and getting chicks drunk and then doing who knows what to them....or going through airport security with a loaded gun in your carry on...or getting into fights in bars....or shooting yourself in the leg...or getting drunk and running over people with your car....or etc. etc. etc....

THEN, people WILL give you some thought....and will probably despise you.

Duh.

Oh so now Big Ben is the entire Steelers organization? I'm honestly amused you've taken this road considering the less than flawless track record of your own Cleveland organization. You talk yourself in circles and please lets not discuss intelligence, something I clearly possess. You can either argue intelligently or you can babble like a mouth breather. It's entirely up to you. Your brethren routinely start Steeler related threads no matter the subject line, then you cry when a few come out of the woodwork. Make up your mind.

Oh so now Big Ben is the entire Steelers organization? I'm honestly amused you've taken this road considering the less than flawless track record of your own Cleveland organization. You talk yourself in circles and please lets not discuss intelligence, something I clearly possess. You can either argue intelligently or you can babble like a mouth breather. It's entirely up to you. Your brethren routinely start Steeler related threads no matter the subject line, then you cry when a few come out of the woodwork. Make up your mind.

I must agree ... They Toss the Meat out and Cry when we take it and Run. They actually do it of for entertainment. No way are they dumb enough to believe some of the Crap that gets posted and they defend. No way... please tell me No way. LOL. Funny and sad all at once.

You are one F**king stupid idiot aren't you? There are a lot of stupid intelligent people out there, and apparently you are one of them.

Maybe, again, I will explain this to you like you are a 4 year old:

My line from Bogart was intended to be a lesson if you will about NFL players keeping their noses clean.

You took it personally as totally something else. What and Why? I am not sure, but I can only surmise that you are paranoid. Paranoid about being a Steeler fan on a Browns Board.

OK, just because you are paranoid doesn't mean they aren't after you.

OK, perhaps Browns fans are out after exposing Steeler fans to be idiots. In your case, you make that job oh, so easy.

I must agree ... They Toss the Meat out and Cry when we take it and Run. They actually do it of for entertainment. No way are they dumb enough to believe some of the Crap that gets posted and they defend. No way... please tell me No way. LOL. Funny and sad all at once.

OK, you have made two cogent statements: 1. That Steeler Trolls are like slobbering dogs. All we have to do is roll out a ball covered in gravy and you all will jump and dance and prance and twitch all day long.

2. That we do this for entertainment value. So true. It is entertaining like pulling the wings off flies is entertaining.

(You are not so bad, but consider Robotron de-winged...it is funny and sad all at once..that is the third right thing you have said)

You are one F**king stupid idiot aren't you? There are a lot of stupid intelligent people out there, and apparently you are one of them.

Maybe, again, I will explain this to you like you are a 4 year old:

My line from Bogart was intended to be a lesson if you will about NFL players keeping their noses clean.

You took it personally as totally something else. What and Why? I am not sure, but I can only surmise that you are paranoid. Paranoid about being a Steeler fan on a Browns Board.

OK, just because you are paranoid doesn't mean they aren't after you.

OK, perhaps Browns fans are out after exposing Steeler fans to be idiots. In your case, you make that job oh, so easy.

Christ. No your first post was directed at BR and STEELER FANS. I totally agree with your statement but the manner in which it was used is poor in the context of the discussion. "Don't give people any reason to give you any thought" and my point was most of the Steeler related threads on this message board are started by Browns fans for sometimes completely ridiculous reasons. It's also impossible for the Browns fan base to NOT give the Steelers any thought considering the last decade, plus the two lombardi's. Yes once again keeping your nose clean is the best way to steer clear of trouble or negative publicity but when you have people on this board posting Pouncey kissing his brother etc or any number of recent outlandish/childish lame digs it sort of makes your point moot. You in particular bring the attention to yourself by starting any number of Steeler related threads, yet at the same time publicly denounce our presence on your message board. Sooooooooooooo your quote from Bogart doesn't apply to you in the slightest seeing as you give the Steelers plenty of thought, otherwise you wouldn't start a thread on a weekly and sometimes daily basis. Ya dig?

OK, you have made two cogent statements: 1. That Steeler Trolls are like slobbering dogs. All we have to do is roll out a ball covered in gravy and you all will jump and dance and prance and twitch all day long.

2. That we do this for entertainment value. So true. It is entertaining like pulling the wings off flies is entertaining.

(You are not so bad, but consider Robotron de-winged...it is funny and sad all at once..that is the third right thing you have said)

De-winged? You're a walking/talking contradiction. I'm tired of watching you spin in circles. Either way Big Ben brought this on himself so your quote applied in that regard. However once you mentioned Steeler fans you lost me because it's you prancing around drawing the attention you publicly despise. All of which is precisely why your little quote didn't work in the context to which you attempted to deliver it.

Archived